di Senzio's Tournement: Arena - Backstage [El Jefe judging]

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu walks in raises to his full height, inflates his broad chest as he enters the gathering throng. He is an enormous orc fully 6 1/2 feet tall and 300 lbs. He wears a suit of scale mail with a large wooden shield strapped to his back. He caries an enormous two-handed flail with an impossibly heavy head cast in the shape of a demon with spikes in odd random places. The weapon is blackened with paint or lacquered black somehow.

He jostles a few people out of the way rather forcefully some of them. He stands in the middle of the room with the stare of a man full of hate and malice. His eyes bore into his opponents as they move about the room.

He looks for any sign of weakness in them - a downcast glance, an avoided stare and outright fear.

Then without warning and quite loudly he yells....

JIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKK' TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Velmont

First Post
The people gathered in the Arena. Warren is counting the poeple around as suddenly, Jik'tu shouts. The cleric see a few person that jump on place, surprise by the shouts. a few stands back, but most just seems indifferent about it. An Orc look at him and smiles, finding that amusing.

Warren look at his list. "Garrit Kelspire?" after a moment without answers he tells. "Ok, it is crowdy, I would ask to all person that do not take part of this contest, to leave this room for the moment, for the time I will explain the next event. Thank you."

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 1 of Hyrag

A half-orc in banded mail enters. he wears a holy symbol around his neck. "Garrit Kelspire at your service," he says.

Velmont

First Post
Warren stands up on his small pedestal. "Thank you for your patience. We have everyone and ready to start. Before entering the Arena, I'll remind you the rules.

Two circles have been delimited in the Arena. Today, you'll do two combats, but between combats, you'll be healed by our clerics. We are here to find who is the best warrior, not to kill each other, and for that, you'll have to follow some rules.

First, you'll need to wear on of those ring. This ring made in Earling, have the property to ward the opponent against wounds, but will still feel the hit. That mean instead of dropping dead, you'll fall unconscious, nothing more. If you remove that ring during the combat, you are disqualified.

Second, you'll be given the weapon of your choice. As you see behind me..."
your eyes turn towards wepaon racks behind Warren. Someone is removing some sheet that was covinering them. It seems to have an arsenal behind you, lots of weapons, many armors for any taste. "...are weapons and armors made by master Drewer. You'll have to equip yourselves on these racks, so we are sure of the confirmity of the weapons you use. no other weapons or armor will be allowed.

During the combat, you'll have to follow a few rules. The winner will be the last man standing in the circle. You can't hit someone who is on the ground, and the person on the ground have three seconds to stand up, or he lose. If you are push or step outside the circle, you lose. No magic will be allowed, it is a duel of martial skills.

Is there any questions?"

Heckler

First Post
Octavio

"I've a question or two, thank you for asking," the well-dressed swashbuckler says, stepping to the front. "How large are these circles, and far away from my opponent will I start? Such things might dictate how I suit up and such."

Velmont

First Post
"20 feets radius. Each opponent will start at an edge of the circle, which mean at 40 feet from his opponent. You ca start weapon drawn or sheated, that's your choice." answer Warren.

BigB

First Post
Khairi smiles. Any armor and weapon you say :D As long as someone else is providing the opportunity I will try full plate, heavy steel shield and scimitar if possible.

Remove ads