Brainiac Attacks

Villano

First Post
I don't think I've seen any mention here, but, on June 17th, Cartoon Network is going to premiere the direct-to-video "Brainiac Attacks", which is set (I believe) between the end of the Superman animated series and Justice League. Oddly enough, it seems the TV debute is coming a few days before the DVD release.

Unfortunately, the early reviews aren't good. Tim Daly and Dana Delany return as Superman and Lois, but Lex, Brainiac, and Mercy are voiced by different people. No one acts like they did on the show (Luthor is campy, Mercy is a ditz, Braniac is emotional, etc.). From what I've heard, it was a rush job to cash in on Superman Returns and was done by the guys behind The Batman.

I'll give it a chance, but I don't have high hopes. :(

Anyway, here are some reviews:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/superman/reviews/brainiacattacks/

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23450

Oh, and here's a picture of Luthor, just to give you an idea...

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Yeah I heard the same thing. I wish they had gotten Clancy Brown, Lisa Elistein and of course Corey Burton had joined in. That would have maybe made this less of piece of tripe. But there you are.

At least I'll have Naruto to comfort me after this. :p :)

Dark Psion

First Post
I get the feeling those voice actors took one look at the script and said No.

I also get the feeling this script may have been written by 1000 monkeys pounding on a 1000 typewriters.

"You're going down clown"?

Not even monkeys could not write this bad.

Squire James

First Post
Since I needed my Naruto fix, I ended up watching "When Brainiacs Attack!" (or is it, "When is Brainiac Not Attacking?"). I think it tried to emulate the first Superman movie a bit too much. It's like Brainiac dowloaded all of Lex Luther's good parts, leaving behind the cheesy villain from Superman I behind. Brainiac was actually fairly good... a lot of what others may see as emotion I saw as simple ruthlessness. Everything else was kinda, eh? Buy a random Superman comic from his not-so-good days, and the plot's about the same.

Hopefully Hollywood will do a little better with their Anorexic Man of Steel (don't cast a bodybuilder, true, but by golly make the actor bulk up for the film!). Maybe if I can build my Pessimism Energy bar to the max before the movie is released, it will turn out to be good after all (oops, the meter fell 1% from that comment)!

Remove ads