Dark Sun 3.5 - Trail of the Defiler

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Gotcha" Kurvic says to himself, with a smile.

"I'm allright. Thank you all for your bravery. It seems we will live to see another day"

Kurvik jumps onto the desert ground, and goes to inspect the fallen Kreens. He'll try to remove the poison glands (if he can).

jkason

First Post
Quaketongue Ristu, pterran druid

Even as the last kreen falls and the eagle dissapates, Quaketongue and Dawnsprint make their way over to their comrades.

"I wish I could have been more use in battle," he says as he arrives. Noticing Ugg's wound and hearing the news from the other side of the camp, he adds, "But perhaps I can be helpful now. If none of you are in dire need, I'm going to check on the other side of the camp and these elves."

[sblock=OOC]If he runs across anyone who's dying / in need of stabalizing, he'll burn his Cure Light Wounds spell to stabalize them. Otherwise, Quaketongue offers to use his Heal skill (+9 with the kit for up to six resting patients)[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...this attack was basically suicidal on the part of the 'kreen. Even the normal guards seem to have been able to handle the attack on the other side. I wonder what would possess them to do it? Maybe something even worse driving them to desperation?"

jkason

First Post
Quaketongue Ristu, pterran druid

Rystil Arden said:
"Hmm...this attack was basically suicidal on the part of the 'kreen. Even the normal guards seem to have been able to handle the attack on the other side. I wonder what would possess them to do it? Maybe something even worse driving them to desperation?"

Quaketongue pauses as he turns to leave.

"If only we had captured one, I know their language. We might have been able to discern the reason for their attack. In the heat of the moment, I assumed they were simply hunting, but you're right, Erianna, this seems to have been a rather poor hunting choice if that's all it was."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Perhaps they were testing our strength, or they were desperate for food. I think we know what happened to the others now though, and we know there are more out there." Darkclaw says.

Lot

First Post
Rudiot comes walking over, carrying an obsidian longsword that he looks ridiculous wielding. Behind comes Captain Jovleen, leaning on a steel-tipped spear. They both stop and examine the situation. Rudiot starts speaking.

"Odd, eh? Kreen are a lot of things but stupid aint one of them. We might not be an army but they couldn't have believed they could take us down a mekillot caravan with a handful of warriors."

Jovleen starts speaking, her voice cold and low.

"We're being bled, plain and simple. They want to take us out a few at a time and widdle us down. I don't think they counted on running into a collection of competent warriors like you all collected at one spot. Besides that, though, they've been successful. With the exception of the ones you've killed, we've lost six guards..."

"No, only five. The druid cliff-lizard brought Ignon back from the brink," says a burly guard walking over. He points over to Quaketongue, whom is healing and tending to the wounded.

Jovleen grins and nods admiringly.

"That's some good news, I suppose. But back to the problem. We're losing men quickly and we don't know their numbers. Also, the elves are leaving now. Running back towards Urik tonight. They were hit by many more than we were and their taking their chances on their own on foot. We need a plan."

Rudiot paces about, eyeing the darkness beyond the camp suspiciously, but has little to offer. As he steps near one of the downed kreen, it stirs. It seems that Ugg's bludgeoning victims are not dead after all.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"What we need to do next depends on their numbers. Frankly, if their numbers are that large, they are complete idiots to use this 'bleeding' strategy on us because we are bleeding them too and they could kill us by just attacking all at once. So we must assume that they do not have numbers that could annihilate us with a single assault. In that case, if we have extra supplies and can find a defensible area, we can lay in wait and fortify for a siege. Otherwise, we continue onward and keep fighting back the assaults, hoping to kill more 'kreen than they kill of us."

Bront

The man with the probe
"A defensable front would be nice, but perhaps we could become somewhat offensive about this. If we could find out where they are, we could strike back if their numbers are few enough that we could take."

"Either way, Ugg was a fine asset in the fight, and I hope he has earned the right to at least try to earn his keep again as a guard. I'll keep an eye on him if it takes that."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Bront said:
"A defensable front would be nice, but perhaps we could become somewhat offensive about this. If we could find out where they are, we could strike back if their numbers are few enough that we could take."

"I myself like the idea of bleeding the bleeders" Kurvic says, to no one in particular. "Why should we wait like sitting Kanks, lets find their camp and raid it!"

OCC: Did he have any luck with the poison glands of the fallen Kreen

Voadam

Legend
"I will be happy to aid in learning what we can from this survivor. As a follower of the way I can tell when his aura indicates he is lying" Heartseer focuses to regain his psionic focus then moves over to the battered but alive kreen.

ooc
Bluff +9
Diplomacy +13
Gather Information +9
Sense Motive +7
Inquisitor feat gives +10 on sense motive when I expend psionic focus

Remove ads