Dark Sun 3.5 - Trail of the Defiler

jkason

First Post
Quaketongue Ristu, pterran druid

Lot said:
"No, only five. The druid cliff-lizard brought Ignon back from the brink," says a burly guard walking over. He points over to Quaketongue, whom is healing and tending to the wounded.

Jovleen grins and nods admiringly.

Quaketongue nods with a smile of his own, but mostly keeps his attention on his patients, knowing the others will call for him if they have need.

Lot

First Post
Jovleen sees that the surviving kreen are tied up before the fully regain consciousness. One of the thri-kreen raises his head and starts softly clicking its mandibles.

[sblock=To those who speak Thri-kreen]""Captured. What a disgrace. I have failed and the Master will surely punish me."[/sblock]

The thri-kreen seems to ignore his captors and does not struggle against its bounds.

Jovleen looks down with confusion at the captured thri-kreen. Rudiot as already started to try to reassure the panicking merchants in the wagon.

jkason

First Post

The druid looks up from his patient as he hears the thri-kreen.

"He's humiliated by our capture of him," Quaketongue translates. "And he mentions a Master. Which is ... I thought kreen were more of a collective. Perhaps I misheard. Let me ... " here the pterran's head fin quivers a moment, then his speech shifts to a series of clicks, focused on the kreen.

"
When did your people choose to bow to a Master? Who is this one whose punishment you fear?
"

OOC: Unless Lot has a problem with it, I'm cool assuming Quaketongue or one of the other speakers of kreen translates whatever gets said from here on out, and is willing to translate into kreen for any of those that don't speak it but have questions. That should make this a little easier to RP; I'd hate to hold up the more frequent posters just to wait for me to re-type a translation.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Looking at Rudiot, Kurvik says: "Don't you have someone that can read its mind? Let's get the information and move on. I don't like the fact that we're being tracked. We need to locate our ennemy's camp and"turning his head to the half giant "destroy them."

Voadam

Legend
Heartseer focuses his extra sensory perceptions to visualize the insect warrior's aura. He watches the flow and ripple of the aura colors and the shifts of its intensity as it responds to Quaketongue.

ooc expend psionic focus for inquisitor feat to boost sense motive by +10.

Lot

First Post
Voadam said:
Heartseer focuses his extra sensory perceptions to visualize the insect warrior's aura. He watches the flow and ripple of the aura colors and the shifts of its intensity as it responds to Quaketongue.

ooc expend psionic focus for inquisitor feat to boost sense motive by +10.

Heartseer examines the thri-kreen; feeling his aura and sensing the ebb and flow of his emotion. The creature is obviously scared, but it goes beyond the fear it has of dying at your hands. The kreen seems to have had a recent change in its essential understanding of life. It seems to be suffering from a longer form of duress than the recent beating. It volunteers no information, though.

Voadam

Legend
"It is more scared of telling us any information than of dying at our hands. Something has happened recently to profoundly change its world views." Heartseer considers for a moment then mind sends to Quaketongue "Ask it whether the defiler has taken over his clutch. He won't answer but how he reacts to such a question should be informative. We will find out whether he knows of the defiler or not and if that is what is driving his fear past his own life. It is possible the defiler is threatening the rest of his clutch, their lives and possibly their souls through foul necromancy. Offering aid against the defiler may win him over to us. Ask the questions and I will draw answers from his reactions.

jkason

First Post

Voadam said:
"It is more scared of telling us any information than of dying at our hands. Something has happened recently to profoundly change its world views." Heartseer considers for a moment then mind sends to Quaketongue "Ask it whether the defiler has taken over his clutch. He won't answer but how he reacts to such a question should be informative. We will find out whether he knows of the defiler or not and if that is what is driving his fear past his own life. It is possible the defiler is threatening the rest of his clutch, their lives and possibly their souls through foul necromancy. Offering aid against the defiler may win him over to us. Ask the questions and I will draw answers from his reactions.

Nodding to Heartseer, Quaketongue passes on his question in Thri-Kreen, interpreting whatever response he receives aloud.

Remove ads