• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Sun 3.5 - Trail of the Defiler

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Erianna looks over to the ravaged tents.*

"You know, that must have been even more obvious when a horde of thri-kreen were causing that destruction. I wonder how we all managed to miss that? How embarrassing."

Lot

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
*Erianna looks over to the ravaged tents.*

"You know, that must have been even more obvious when a horde of thri-kreen were causing that destruction. I wonder how we all managed to miss that? How embarrassing."

Captain Jovleen pats Erianna on the shoulder.

"I wouldn't blame yourself. The kreen hit here first to get us confused and concentrating on the caravan. Then they hit the tribe with numbers."

Jovleen pats the side of the wagon.

"This thing broke the sightline between us and the elves."

She then gestures to the fallen thri-kreen.

"You had your hands full during the elf attack. The kreen worked fast...very fast. It was honestly over in a few seconds. Not much you could have done"

The captain looks out into the dark.

"Still don't understand why they didn't continue their attack? Never get a better chance, as I can see it. Maybe they wanted to secure their acquisitions?"

Jovleen seems to speculate for a moment, then nods.

"Anyway, we need to get moving soon. Who can understand the minds of these creatures?"

Lot

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Acquisitions...did they take only supplies, or also captives as well?"

Jovleen continues to speak to Erianna, but moves closer so Voquell cannot hear clearly.

"Um..I meant the elves, actually. Those that they took alive won't be for long. They didn't take any of our supplies, though. Or even attempt to. It's weird..."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, if they just wanted food, then that was silly. My hunch is that the black thri-kreen and his defiler ally have something much darker in mind for the captives...Admittedly, I don't know much about wizardry, but I've heard they sometimes do dark rituals where they sacrifice the souls of innocents or something like that."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Lot said:
Voquell looks up at the question.

"I...I don't know. We...this just happened. I'm not sure who made it. I'm not sure...I don't know..."

Voquell points to the elf camp, less than a hundred yards away. Most of the tents were torn apart or collapsed. The fires still burn and pools of what appears to be blood can be seen, sucking up dirt and sand. No bodies are seen.

And yet another tribe of mine gets decimated, am I cursed? Kurvik thinks to himself.
He looks at the Elf woman with pity and says: "Voquell, I share your grief as I was accepted as a tribe member. Given the small remaining number of us, the remainder of the tribe will be cedimated if it stays in the desert. However, Tyr's elf quarters are home to many of our brethen, and opportunities abounf for the strong of mind and the agile."

Rystil Arden said:
"Well, if they just wanted food, then that was silly. My hunch is that the black thri-kreen and his defiler ally have something much darker in mind for the captives...Admittedly, I don't know much about wizardry, but I've heard they sometimes do dark rituals where they sacrifice the souls of innocents or something like that."

" All the more reason to get some solid intelligence on these kreens and the defiler." Kurvik says to the group. "Quaketongue, ask him where they're located"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Go after them with numbers like that? That's suicide. We need to head back to Tyr as soon as possible and alert the proper authorities. Leave wizards to deal with wizards--I'm sure the Dragon King can handle this much better than we could."

jkason

First Post
Quaketongue Ristu, pterran druid

Quaketongue decides to play neutral. He leaves the human and elf to debate attack or retreat, instead using his time and breath pass on Kurvic's request for a location to the Kreen, though he doubts the creature will comply.

Bront

The man with the probe
"The more we know, the better we can defend ourselves at least," Darkclaw says. "But charging in would be worse than throwing yourself to the mercy of the pits."

Remove ads