Dark Sun 3.5 - Trail of the Defiler

jkason

First Post
Quaketongue Ristu, pterran druid

Quaketongue keeps Dawnsprint close as the caravan moves through, hoping his companion's senses will help him if danger approaches. None seems apparent, however.

He enjoys the evening meal in relative silence, still looking and listening for signs of whatever took the caravan scouts. When he finds nothing, and he notices everyone else moving off to sleep, Quaketongue does the same, scratching absently at the base of his Erdlu's neck for a short time, then finally falling into a light slumber.

Voadam

Legend
Heartseer spends some time just observing the members of the caravan, examining their auras and trying to pick up the rhythm of their non-pterran lives. Pursuit of the defiler will have to wait until they come upon others who might have news of such a blackguard.

He is not too worried about supplies. Despite his lack of wilderness skills he was able to provide for his own sustenance through his mastery of the Way when Quaketongue led them across the sands before they encountered the caravan. If necessary he was ready to do so again. For now though he would enjoy the opportunity to watch these mostly humans and learn.

Lot

First Post
As the night continues, most of the other merchants and some of the elves retire for sleep. Both the caravan and the elves keep their guards at the ready in case of any trouble.

Ugg has been kept outside but given a blanket and bedroll. He remains tied to the back of the wagon by multiple coils of giant-hair rope tied around wrists behind his back, making sleep slightly uncomfortable if he so chose it. As he and Curvic are speaking, three individuals approach.

The two of the three men are human, while the other is a dwarf. They all appear to be guards and they all have weapons drawn. The dwarf has a bone battle axe, one human has a spear with an obsidian head, and the other has an obsidian sword. They are wearing light leather armor, leather caps, and sneering expressions.

The dwarf, a particularly stocky individual with powerful shoulders and a cruel face starts speaking.

"You think you could kill Nork like that and get away with it. When heard you were getting sold to the pits instead of killed outright, I thought that was bad enough. But now they're letting you walk around amongst us. And there's talk of pardoning you if you help us out. That don't work for me. I'm focused on keeping my companions safe and getting to Tyr alive. Having you around messes with that focus."

The man with the spear has a bandage wrapped around his head holding his jaw in place. He speaks with difficulty.

"Frrrst yoo. En we take care of the izard-aced fwreak who beroke my jhaw."

The third guard with the sword speaks.

"Get lost, elf. This aint about you but it will be if you step in."

The three men approach Ugg

Voadam

Legend
From his position where he observed the night guards Heartseer noticed the three approaching the elf and Half-giant with weapons drawn. With a flick of his focus Heartseer looked at their aura's and picked up the focused spikes of purple murderish anger boiling within them. Regretting his rashness Heartseer moved closer. No master of stealth the guards' hatred blinded them nontheless to his approach as he drew nearer in time to hear their threat.

When he hears the words of the broken-jawed human he understands and knows he must intervene.

Drawing in his breath, Heartseer lets out a brief greeting phrase in Pterran, the fin on the back of his head creating a low resonating sound that draws the attention of those gathered to him.

"You are here and have your weapons with you. Good. I could not find you at your sleeping area. The caravan master told me to gather you three, or if needs be the half-giant, if I needed the service of guards. I need you to come right now. Know that I practice the Way. I sensed something out in the night that might threaten the caravan. We must go now."

Bront

The man with the probe
Darkclaw will take the first watch, making sure Erianna is ok before he goes about his rounds. He will make occasional stops by those he sees as friends, the other Pterrans, Erianna, and Ugg, just to make sure they're ok, though out his watch.

OOC: That was my initial intent if I was on watch, so I'll stick with it. Not sure how it meshes with anything else.

Lot

First Post
Bront said:
Darkclaw will take the first watch, making sure Erianna is ok before he goes about his rounds. He will make occasional stops by those he sees as friends, the other Pterrans, Erianna, and Ugg, just to make sure they're ok, though out his watch.

OOC: That was my initial intent if I was on watch, so I'll stick with it. Not sure how it meshes with anything else.

OOC: Sorry I forget to get back to you about the watch. You are not required to take watch but Rudiot would appreciate any help in security he could get.

Bront

The man with the probe
Lot said:
OOC: Sorry I forget to get back to you about the watch. You are not required to take watch but Rudiot would appreciate any help in security he could get.
OOC: No problem.

Sensing some comotion, and in particularly hearing Heartseeker speak, Darkclaw begins to make his way over to Ugg to see what the comotion is about.

OOC: He has Inertal armor up, as it would be before a guard duty, probably has 3 PP left due to use throught the day.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Lot said:
The third guard with the sword speaks.
"Get lost, elf. This aint about you but it will be if you step in."
The three men approach Ugg

"Indeed, I am not involved in this matter, and I wish things to remain so." He bows his head slightly, taking a few steps to the side, keeping his eyes on the guards. "However, would you not agree that it would be more advantageous to all for you to settle your quarrel after our treck is over? I can see your loyalty to your fallen friend, which is quite honorable, I must admit. However, there are rumors of an ambush and given the distance we are from Tyr, I would not take them lightly. My humble recommendation would be to keep en eye on the brute, as long as danger remains, and once the caravan is out of harm's way, you then settle your business."

He then looks at them intently in the twilight, using his elf-senses, to see how they react. He'll then try to palm one of his poisoned darts (the one with drow poison).

OCC: Kurvic is trying to facinate them (as per the bardic music ability) with his oratory prowess ;)
Perform[oratory]: +8, Diplomacy: +13, bluff +8, Intimidate (if they know of his templar-ties): +5, sense motive: +5, Sleight of Hand: +11

jkason

First Post
Quaketongue Ristu, human druid

Quaketongue slumbers, unaware of the conflict happenning elsewhere in the caravan.

[sblock=OOC]Not sure how far away the pterrans' sleeping quarters / wagon is from the goings-on with our half-giant, so I'll let the DM decide if there's enough hubbub to wake Quaketongue[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases