Anyone looking to game in NE Wisconsin?

seskis281

First Post
Hey everybody - One of the hardest things for me was moving from Louisiana to NE Wisconsin to join the faculty of a school here. I had to give up running games for what was one of the best gaming groups I ever had, and I haven't found a new game really since I've been here.

I live in Manitowoc, and am looking to see if anyone in this area (Green Bay, Sheboygan, etc.) would be interested in forming a weekend gaming group that I'd GM - either Castles & Crusades or Lejendary Adventures (I am old school, rules lite).

Just thought I'd try maybe making a few connections via the boards.

Cheers!

John Maddog Wright :cool:

"I'd like a natural 20 in life every now and then."

orchid blossom

Explorer
Manitowoc is my hometown, and I also lived for several years in Green Bay before I moved out East.

I'm not sure what's still there. In Manitowoc, try going down to a place called "My Parent's Basement." It's on 8th street and (I think) Franklin. Across from the "Village Square" building that houses the army recruitment office. It's actually an underground store. You'll see a set of stairs along the side of a building going down under the street.

I haven't been there for years, and when I was they were more wargame focused, but it's a place to start. There's also a bookstore on 8th street, not far from My Parent's Basement going away from the river. They sell plenty of D&D stuff there, so you might bump into gamers in the D&D section there.

In Green Bay there used to be several game stores, but I think most of them are gone now. Six years ago when I moved there was a place called Rogue Traders on West Mason street. Coming from East Mason Street you'd cross the big bridge and it would come up on the left side near the Baskin Robbins.

Good luck finding the gamers, they are there! Check out the University of Wisconsin at Green Bay too. They used to run a little con called Chaoticon every year, and I know they used to have a gaming club.

Also, did you try posting in the Gamers Seeking Gamers forum? You're more likely to get a response there.

I always suspected Wisconsin was Nuetral Evil.

All those cows.

Cows are evil.

They plan world domination through cheese inoculated with a special genetically engineered culture that secretes a mind altering hypnotic drug that renders people susceptible to subliminal messages sent via moos in wave-lengths to low for humans to register throughout the cheese (cheddar having the highest concentration).

Soon, we all shall just be pawns to our bovine overlords!

Fear the cows!

PS. To our soon-to-be-ovelords, I just want to go on record as having NEVER eaten beef.

PPS. Who's up for my D20 Modern/Call of Cowthulhu Campaign?

kenobi65

First Post
I grew up in Green Bay, and still head up there regularly to visit my folks, and my old gaming friends.

I think Rogue Traders is long gone, but there's a very good game store called Gnome Games on Ridge Road, just down the street from Lambeau Field. (It'd be about a 30-40 minute drive from Manitowoc.) You may be able to network there; they're on the web at gnomegames.com. They've even got a message board on their web site that you may be able to use to find some gamers.

Last edited:

werk

First Post
South Central Wisconsin, I've had lots of luck finding lots of gamers and groups.

I definitely recommend posting up in the friendly local gaming stores...not everyone uses teh interwebs.

Post something up in the gamers looking for gamers section and link it in your sig...then post a lot. :D There was another site like that Spoony had set up, but that never got any hits for me. and rpgnet has a directory for this too I think.

I've pretty much always found people online, but beating the street seems to work a little faster/easier.

Remove ads