(True Story) I found a copy of "The Temple of Elemental Evil" -- in the trash!

Zzyzx

First Post
I work at a big office, lots of people, lots of paper. I went to the big recycling bins where we put white paper, and there on the top was a hex wilderness map. "Well", I thought, "I haven't seen one of those in a while". I picked it up. Under it was a big stack of copies, and on the top I read "The Temple of Elemental Evil" and saw the AD&D logo. As far as I can tell, someone on my floor just copied off the two hundred-odd pages of TOEE, and then dumped it in the recycling bin. There it was, cover to cover, with Gygax's name on it.

I took it home, of course. (I have Return to TOEE, but not the original).

Now I have to find out, who ELSE is a gamer at my work? Maybe I'll have to put my giant d20 in a more conspicuous place.

Henry

Autoexreginated
diaglo said:
yeah, T1-4 belongs in the trash/recycle bin.

MADNESS! MADNESS, I say! ;)

T1-T4 was one of the thrills of my childhood. Moathouse, lab room with the zombies, the elemental nodes, the whole works!

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Henry said:
MADNESS! MADNESS, I say! ;)

T1-T4 was one of the thrills of my childhood. Moathouse, lab room with the zombies, the elemental nodes, the whole works!

It was a bit of a disappointment, after the long wait for it. But it certainly wasn't trash. Truth be told, I think HackMaster's Temple of Existential Evil is better than the original.

gribble

Explorer
diaglo said:
turn them into the police too for breaking the law.

Not necessarily. If it was a legally purchased ESD (electronic) version of the adventure, then the owner would be entitled to print off a copy for his own use.
:)

diaglo

Adventurer
jodyjohnson said:
Printing out the PDF is against the law?
as both you and gribble pointed out, a pdf is legal. but it should include your proof of purchase. i'm guessing this found copy in the copy room is sans that proof.

Col H said:
It was a bit of a disappointment, after the long wait for it. Truth be told, I think HackMaster's Temple of Existential Evil is better than the original.

what he said.

Remove ads