(True Story) I found a copy of "The Temple of Elemental Evil" -- in the trash!

francisca

I got dice older than you.
ColonelHardisson said:
It was a bit of a disappointment, after the long wait for it. But it certainly wasn't trash.
I agree. I doubt anything could have lived up to the expectations at that point, however.

Oryan77

Adventurer
Zzyzx said:
Now I have to find out, who ELSE is a gamer at my work? Maybe I'll have to put my giant d20 in a more conspicuous place.
Print off a copy of a D20 and leave it in the trash. Maybe he'll find it and come looking for you!

diaglo said:
turn them into the police too for breaking the law.

Hey, he doesn't have "proof" of any copying whatsoever!

Here's the likely scenario: The owner just stashed the module in the recycling bin when he was about to get caught copying a portion of a map or a player handout by a co-worker, and he didn't want to explain what he was doing - planning to recover it later. So Zzyzx probably, in end effect, stole this ...

Not that I'd expect you to do any differently! :p :lol: ;) ;) ;) :eek:

Zzyzx

First Post
It was a photo-copied copy. I grabbed it as much for the nostalgia as anything else -- it's publish date says 1985, the same year I started playing.

Your guess is as good as mine as to how it got there. Maybe the mystery gamer made an extra copy on accident or something.

The sad part is I am moving offices next week -- I may never know who it is. And I could use another person in my new campaign too.

stevelabny

Explorer
Quick ,someone get any of the threads i've posted in about closet gaming where I rant about how much it must suck to have another gamer in the next cubicle and never ever know about it.

Corsair

First Post
stevelabny said:
Quick ,someone get any of the threads i've posted in about closet gaming where I rant about how much it must suck to have another gamer in the next cubicle and never ever know about it.

Which of course is the best part of working at a computer game company that makes fantasy MMOs. I have my McFarlane dragon guarding my desk, the next guy over has his full stack of Eberron books on the floor, in another direction I can walk for 30 seconds and find Dave Eckelberry's desk.

But maybe I'm just lucky.

MPA

First Post
T1-4 sucks!
And that isn't because after all that time waiting for it, it was good but the expectations were greater; I wasn't born back then, and if I were, there would be no expectation, since T1 sucks even more.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
MPA said:
T1-4 sucks!
And that isn't because after all that time waiting for it, it was good but the expectations were greater; I wasn't born back then, and if I were, there would be no expectation, since T1 sucks even more.

It would be more productive, and add more to the conversation, to actually post some substance for your argument. This is more of a threadcrap than anything else.

I've rarely heard anyone say that T1 sucks. In fact, it's often lauded as one of the best "home base" modules ever written.

Zzyzx

First Post
stevelabny said:

I have a 3-inch wide d20 taped to the top of my computer monitor. It works better than any scarlet letter to tell the world my gamer sins, if they but know what it is.

I've had but one (1) person stop and ask "Is that a d20?"

Me, excited, "Why yes, do you play D&D?"

Him, "I played a little Star Wars in college, it was OK," and then he changed the subject.

Oh, well. Hope springs eternal. The d20 will be out front in the new office cube as well, with a big D&D calendar on the wall if I can get away with it.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
diaglo said:
turn them into the police too for breaking the law.

yeah, T1-4 T2-4 belongs in the trash/recycle bin.

Fixed it fer ya! (I like T1, the rest can be used for insulating the bottom of bird cages.)

The Auld Grump

Remove ads