Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
I think we've all been a bit vague as to specific locations, but this will do:

Edit: Adjusted to have Julianna and SK share space, as they are grappling.

Code:
  A |B |C |D |E |F |G |H |I |J |K |L |M |N |O |P |Q |R |S |T |U |V |W |X |Y |Z
01  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
02  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
03  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
04  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
05  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
06  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
07  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
08  |  |  | #| #| #| #| #| #| #| #| #| #| #|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
09  |  |  | #|  |  | #|ct| p| p|  |  |up| #|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
10  |  |  | #|  |  | #|ct| p| p| p|  |up| #|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
11  |  |  | #|  |  | D|  |  | p| p| p|up| #|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
12  |  |  | #| #| D| #|  |  |  | p| p|  | #|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
13  |  |  | #|  |  | #|  |SK|*2|  |  |  | #|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
14  |  |  | #|  |  | D|Bo|*1|SK|  |  |  | #|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
15  |  |  | #|  |  | #|  |BE|  |  |  |  | #|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
16  |  |  | #| #| #| #| #|  | #| #| #| #| #|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
17  |  |  | #|  |  | d|  |Ta|  | d|  |  | #|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
18  |  |  | #| #| #| #| #|DD| #| #| #| #| #|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
19  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
20  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

D = Closed door
d = Open Door
# = Wall
p = pillows, hazardous terrain: 1.5 squares movement per square, 2 diagonal, DC 12 balance check if standing on or moving through in combat
ct = Coffee Table / Short Table with various foodstuffs on it
up = Stairs up

*1 = Julianna, Grappling Shere Khan
*2 = Rowan, underneath part of Shere Khan

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: She did a 4 pp Prescience, so it's +3 dmg btw. (It was stated earlier). And not sure if she gets her shield once grappling, so she's back to 19, but you already got that part.

Juliana grins as her opponent grapples her, "You prefer your women more submissive o 'lord of death'? You'll not find me so easy to pacify." She stabs him again, hard.

OOC: Juliana attacks while grappled (1d20+6+1-4=21, 1d6+2+3=10)

Manzanita

First Post
ooc; Rowan "the bloody barbarian" would like to stand up and pick up his flail. Perhaps this is problematic if SK is on top of him. He would very much like to avoid taking an AoO, since this would be almost certain death. He'll pick up his flail if this doesn't invoke an AoO. But since standing & picking up weapons both normally do invoke this, he's happy to leave his flail where it lies and draw his dagger.

IC: He opens his eyes. He'll wait for an opportunity to stand (MEA).

El Jefe

First Post
Indeed, with Rowan so bloodied, Boog realized that by the time he got an opportunity to use his new Power on the weretiger, all of his companions might be dead. He took a quick step to stand beside Brother Eusebius, and used a different Power...one that would hold his foe in place.[sblock=OoC: ]5' step to H15 (yes, I know that's still in AoO range), and manifesting Brainlock on Shere Khan. 31/34 PP remaining.[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Whoa! I go to bed and look what happens. :eek:

That wand of CLW is looking a bit wimpy right now.

Blood of the Werewolf; Encounter #6; Round #2; Spot check to counter Rowan's 'play dead' bluff (1d20+7=15)

So, Eusebius realizes that Rowan is bluffing.

Now, this 50/50 chance of hitting an ally instead of the cat is a real problem. (First time I've come across it in a game.) So, Patlin, does that mean that Eusebius also has a fifty percent chance of healing the weretiger if he attempts to heal a party member engaged in a grapple with him? That's a less than appealing prospect!

I need a ruling on that before I make my next move.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: For one thing, the cat is bigger than any of us, so the chances of hitting the cat should be correspondingly greater. Perhaps this adds more complexity than we need. I notice that defenders who are grappling lose their dex bonus to AC.

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: The 50/50 chance is ONLY for ranged attacks, but since he's large, I'd think it would be a corespodingly different number (likely 80/20 for the size difference for squares). Not sure if there is anything official on that though. Also, I agree about precision damage against unintentional targets.

Boddynock

First Post
OOC:
One of the consequences of grappling is that you don't threaten any squares. (PHB p. 156) That means that Rowan can stand without any fear of an AoO from SK, since SK is grappling Juliana, and doesn't threaten any squares, including those he occupies.

It also means that Boog needn't fear an AoO while manifesting Brain Lock.

Boddynock

First Post
Eusebius gasps as Rowan goes down in a bloody heap, then gasps again as he realizes the fallen warrior is shamming. Looking at the flurry of claws and limbs, he nods decisively. Shucking off his backpack and tossing it alongside his young friend, he calls out, "Healing potions - in my pack." Then, drawing his wand, he casts a healing spell on Juliana.

[sblock=OOC]Two potions of CLW in the pack.

Blood of the Werewolf; Encounter #6; Round #3; Wand of CLW - cast on Juliana (1d8+1=9)

You ripper! :D :cool: [/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: To clarify, the weretiger is grappling Julianna, but not Rowan. No need to worry about AOOs at the moment, since grapplers don't threaten an area. That means that Rowan can stand up and bash the Weretiger (picking up his flail on the way) without fear of reprisal, Boog can cast without fear of reprisal, etc.

Changing the wrong target chance (on ranged only, as you said) to 80/20 might be reasonable, but I don't think it's supported in the rules. We'll stick with the RAW.

Edit: Boddynock beat me to most of that!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases