Zombie Nirvana Cartography

ZombieButch

First Post
Added a new map tonight, inspired by S. John Ross's maps as well as the work of some old 17th century Dutch cartographers I was admiring last night. Mostly a proof-of-concept piece, to figure out some techniques, but still, it was pretty fun!

Baron Opal

First Post
When you look at the Dreed Sea Witches map, the landmass is covered in a forest. How was that done, and can you do it in campaign cartographer?

ZombieButch

First Post
Baron Opal said:
When you look at the Dreed Sea Witches map, the landmass is covered in a forest. How was that done, and can you do it in campaign cartographer?

I'm guessing that that's a map in the d20 version of Uresia... I have the BESM version, so I can't be sure.

That said, just having seen S. John's other maps and having seen how he places forests on other maps, he probably put it there using the same method. In other words, creating a seamless forest pattern in Photoshop.

You might be able to do it by using a bitmap fill style in CC2, with a seamless forest BMP. I've never tried it, though, so I can't say how well it'd work.

ZombieButch

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
Well, I've added it to the RPGNet Art Tutorial List...

Cool. :) Now that I'm a little more awake, I'll probably go back in and polish it up a bit. (What with me writing at 3AM and all... I've noticed a couple of wonky bits now that I look over it again.) And I've toyed around with a couple of additional bits that I'll add back in as well.

Remove ads