Invasion of Mori - IC [3.5][CE/NE][planar]

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette sits back from the analysis of the stone and considers, rubbing the midnight-black skin on the bridge of her nose as she thinks.

Then, borrowing a trick she'd been studying long and hard, she reaches out to touch Gabriel's mind directly. Lets ask Roillard about this tomb, but not mention the other names until we've had a chance to discretely investigate further without alerting him of what we know. We should also arrange for a replica of this gem to be made. No need to answer aloud, by the way.

She smiles at Gabriel, stark white teeth out of a darkly beautiful face.

Voidrazor

First Post
Earlier
Kaelvorr reveals itself while the treasure is being divvied up but affects an attitude of indifference, "I am willing to do without a share of these baubles. However, it would be an unbearable pity to waste those of the enslaved kobolds with a smattering of talent on mere undeath. Ceded to my tender mercies, they may be of use in the cause of conquest. I trust there will be no issue with this request, yes?"

OOC: Just looking to fill some open follower slots.

Now
As Silhouette and Gabriel near completion at the task of decoding the emerald, Kaelvorr attempts to ease itself into the bard's mind (DC 28 with a -2 on the roll assuming G. is evil, K. isn't following up with an attempt to take control). [sblock=If successful] Kaelvorr speaks to Gabriel telepathically, monitoring his thoughts, Ah! the vicissitudes of mortal flesh! So ephemeral, vulnerable, I'd almost forgotten. But with all of us working together so cohesively, I'm sure you'll survive well into infirmity despite the hazards of this plane. When Silhouette psychically mentions Roillard, the fiend replies, once again speaking to the bard's mind. I doubt Roillard would fall for a replica. Better to give him the gem saying that we were unable to decode it. Afterward, we question him. And when he holds back, we can interrogate him rather intensively. Should question arise as to our actions, we'll have specific information of him witholding mission critical information. Now, if you would be so kind as to pass my plan on to Silhouette. Unless you have some objection?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Snargle will claim the new cloak to upgrade from his current one.
He is willing to trade his +3 one to someone else in the party if they want.

He is not interested in any rings, scrolls, or the wand, though he might take a potion or two.

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Aldred will take the scrolls of Dismissal and Magic Circle. The Magic Circle scrolls don't do him much good, but if one of y'all low will-save types wants it cast to protect you from mental spells, speak up and he'll cast them on you.

After giving them some time to begin their investigation, Aldred goes looking for Silhouette. "Anything useful stored in that rather ostentatious diary?"

Shayuri

First Post
Aldred receives a bargain...two answers for the price of one!

Silhouette looks around as he speaks, then says heavily, "It is proving...resistant to even our combined skills. We may need Roillard's assistance after all, though it pains me."

At the same time he hears in his mind a subtle whisper of thoughts not his own; Yes...there is. Roillard may not be what he seems. Be mindful when he is present.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Shayuri said:
Silhouette sits back from the analysis of the stone and considers, rubbing the midnight-black skin on the bridge of her nose as she thinks.

Then, borrowing a trick she'd been studying long and hard, she reaches out to touch Gabriel's mind directly. Lets ask Roillard about this tomb, but not mention the other names until we've had a chance to discretely investigate further without alerting him of what we know. We should also arrange for a replica of this gem to be made. No need to answer aloud, by the way.

She smiles at Gabriel, stark white teeth out of a darkly beautiful face.
Gabriel's face remains in its usual swave expression as he goes back to sort through the baubles they'd uncovered.

Thinking back at Silhouette: Deception and betrayal, how droll, how blase. And many new names to find and leads to follow. This could be terribly entertaining for all involved.

A replica of the gem may sate Roillard for the moment, but the lack of a magical nature would arouse his suspicion. Perhaps we send a replica back, saying we believe it would be more useful to our patron, but keep the original with us. The idea that the information would be sent back might provoke him to some shading of truth or lies.

"Ah, this is a pretty piece. And this draught of wine will quench my thirst quite nicely," he says after a moment, plucking out a ring and a potion from the pile of loot.

OOC: Gabriel would like possibly one of the rings of protection and maybe one of the cure potions. The scrolls aren't on his spell list, so those would be better off with someone else. And I don't know if anyone else would be better off with the ring of spell storing. We have multiple casters in the party, but Gabriel has more tricks up his sleeve than just spells. One of the pure casters might be better off with that item.

moritheil

First Post
OOC: Isida, could we get a Will save vs. possession?

Voidrazor, not to nitpick, but technically you don't know when they're almost done. Of course, it doesn't matter in this case since you aren't doing anything else during that time. :) Also, are you planning to kaortify those kobolds?

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette chuckles ironically and selects another ring. "Look," she says, holding it up. "A matched set. People will think we're married."

I can easily arrange to have a fake stone radiate a false magical aura. It won't last forever, but will endure casual inspection. Your idea is good though. We can claim we couldn't decipher it, and are sending it through. It will of course be a false one. His reaction should prove...instructive.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"How perfectly droll Silhouette, my lovely. You remind me of your predecessor, but fairer by far, in all respects," he says with an indulgent chuckle and kisses her hand, sliding the ring on.

Excellent. Then do put a sparkle on the decoy and let's see how dear old Roillard reacts, he thinks back at her.

OOC: Gabriel's Will save (1d20+12=30)

Shayuri

First Post
"Fairer than a succubus?" Silhouette laughs. "And not a terribly bright one at that. Yet I remind you of her. A compliment that dances on the razor's edge of insult."

She picks up the gem.

"Not that I feel terribly bright after this," the tiefling comments wryly. "But on reflection, I don't think I trust Roillard with it either. He may not give a full accounting of its contents...he's too close. I think we should send it through the gate to let the demon artificers decode it. Some of them are millenia old, and all of them are amply motivated. Agreement?"

Her eyes flick to Aldred.

See if you can, without attracting attention, find a gem of similar size and cut as this and bring it back to us.

(plan is to get a fake, use illusion and Magic Aura to make it look like the real thing, then Magic Aura on the real thing to erase its aura. Since I doubt any of us have Craft: Gemcutting, I don't see any other way to get a duplicate in a timely manner. Thoughts? :))

Remove ads