Invasion of Mori - IC [3.5][CE/NE][planar]

Pyrex

First Post
Aldred cocks his head to the side, much like he might raise an eyebrow if he had any; and thinks to himself, under the assumption that Sil can read his thoughts when he allows it, ==That's quite a large stone, anything that valuable has likely already been sent back. I will peruse the latest shipment being prepared, but I suspect an alternate plan may be in order.==

Dichotomy

Explorer
Rose has been disinterested and bored while the others talk, study the gem, and do whatever else they do. The tiefling vacillates between exercises (which look much like gymnasts floor routines, with much more jumping) and sulking.

Particularly, at the end of the last exchange between Gabriel and Silhouette, Rose makes extremely immature vomiting noises. "Get over your sickly-sweet selves. What are we doing next?"

As for the treasure, Rose seems generally disinterested, unless anyone else leaves any of the potions.

moritheil

First Post
At this moment, there is motion in the corridor outside. A few zombies shuffle past, carrying boxes of loot towards the portal. Though it seems careless to entrust such wealth to the hands of literally mindless servants, the strongboxes appear locked and a note has been placed atop each one, presumably warning the reader that this is headed for the dark lord's own coffers.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Gargoyle

The feral Gargoyle busies himself with the artificer as they both work together in forging a larger and more powerful weapon. He shows little interest in the groups schemes.

moritheil

First Post
The moment passes and the undead move on. After a few minutes more, the rustle of robes announces Roillard. He appears in the doorway, bearing a wooden staff. "I hope I'm not interrupting," he says, "but at some point I thought it best to offer my advice concerning the next course of action."

Shayuri

First Post
(lol...damn, I thought I'd have time...oh well, done is done)

Silhouette eyes the cult leader speculatively.

"Surely it's time to approach the city, yes?"

moritheil

First Post
"Allow me to explain the political situation," the man offers, entering the room, "and then options may be weighed as to how to proceed. There are essentially four main factions in this area - us, the forces of Antric, the Lady of the Black Hills who leads an army of the dead, and the goblins.

"The town is held by the forces of Antric - largely humans, with a few allies from elsewhere. Though insignificant in terms of trade, it is now a staging ground. I have little doubt you could overrun it - " did his eyes flicker? "But what we do not know is how the others would react. The army stationed there has proved resistant to the goblins' efforts to seize the land - would they also attack and stake a claim in the chaos, or try to burn the town in revenge? The motives of the Lady of the Black Hills are not clear, aside from salvaging corpses to build her army. I cannot say how she would react.

"A more subtle approach to the town - for now - might have merit. Of course, if you have other information, then I will be happy to discard this line of analysis."

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Gargoyle

The stone-like creature stands quietly in the back and watches the man intently as he detailes their next assignment. He knows that they are confronted with a complex senero with more than one possible solution.

Shayuri

First Post
"Our opening moves will be conservative," Silhouette says. "The last thing we need is an open attack forcing us to show our hand. If word that demons are again massing out here gets out, our jobs will be considerably harder."

"Even so...embassy to this necromancer and the goblins might prove fruitful if we can offer them, in time, the opportunity for revenge."

Remove ads