Bounty of the Endless Sands

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Goblin]"We're not stupid--we could hear what that dwarf said, and I sense animosity towards us from some of the others as well," the hobgoblin leader sighs, "Honestly, it seems that our clan's policy of peace and working together with the humans was foolish from the start and needs to be amended. All they've done is murder our people whenever they get the chance. Take the group you are chasing, for instance. Vrina's warband was hired by the local human villagers to defeat the orcs that had ravaged their town. Then the murderous humans randomly charged Vrina's warband while they were fighting the orcish forces and killed some of our numbers. The warband retreated and the humans killed all the orcs too. When the warband returned, they had the humans at their mercy but chose to spare them, despite the blatant murder of Vrina's brother and several others. In doing so, they followed the chieftain's precepts. How were they repaid? The humans took time to recuperate and then immediately hunted them down and killed every last one. Vrina only escaped because she had left with one of their number after losing a duel. The humans bring nothing but blood and death, despite their soft words. They do not treat us as people, not you or I, nor any of the sons of Shural. Instead, they treat us like animals or beasts to be slaughtered and plundered."

"We first met the murderers weeks ago," Vrina offers, "By the blood of my father, Shural's blood, that runs through my veins, they will some day pay for their evil and treachery."[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=Goblin]"We're not stupid--we could hear what that dwarf said, and I sense animosity towards us from some of the others as well," the hobgoblin leader sighs, "Honestly, it seems that our clan's policy of peace and working together with the humans was foolish from the start and needs to be amended. All they've done is murder our people whenever they get the chance. Take the group you are chasing, for instance. Vrina's warband was hired by the local human villagers to defeat the orcs that had ravaged their town. Then the murderous humans randomly charged Vrina's warband while they were fighting the orcish forces and killed some of our numbers. The warband retreated and the humans killed all the orcs too. When the warband returned, they had the humans at their mercy but chose to spare them, despite the blatant murder of Vrina's brother and several others. In doing so, they followed the chieftain's precepts. How were they repaid? The humans took time to recuperate and then immediately hunted them down and killed every last one. Vrina only escaped because she had left with one of their number after losing a duel. The humans bring nothing but blood and death, despite their soft words. They do not treat us as people, not you or I, nor any of the sons of Shural. Instead, they treat us like animals or beasts to be slaughtered and plundered."

"We first met the murderers weeks ago," Vrina offers, "By the blood of my father, Shural's blood, that runs through my veins, they will some day pay for their evil and treachery."[/SBLOCK]

Rhys sighs[sblock=goblin] I apologize. I only intended to ease some of the tension in this meeting. I admit some of my group look at me as though they would as soon kill me as an enemy. I do not think they are completely to blame, some of our kin have earned a reputation that hunts us every day of our lives as we try to be the better. I think it wise to seek peace but it will be a long road earned through deed. Would even one of you join us it could strengthen our goal. We must be the better race and set an example they cannot ignore through heroic deeds. I thank you for your information, and I am saddened by your experiences and losses. I will hunt these murderers and make them pay, this I vow to you my brothers.[/sblock] Rhys straightens in his saddle and salutes, then turns and heads toward the others in his group; hoping one of the hobgoblins will join him knowing that it is a very slim chance.

to the group: They encountered our murderer weeks ago while fighting a common enemy and were betrayed.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Goblin]"Just as none of you is either able or willing to divert to aid us in recovering our dead, so must we set our priorities and retrieve our fallen comrades. It is ironic, however, that had Jiigral and the others slain the humans when the humans were weak from fighting the orcs, it would have saved so much bloodshed and even saved you this journey. This is why I say that the policy of nonaggression is foolish."

"It is my duty to recover the bones of my brothers, but I also have a blood pact to slay those responsible for the atrocity as the sole surviving member of the warband. Can I...?"

"Vrina, you were too weak to defeat even one of them in combat the last time you fought. It is your human blood, I think. If you go out there and get yourself killed, then their murder will be complete. Besides which, what will your mother think? To my eye, some of these policies are her fault anyway."[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=Goblin]"Just as none of you is either able or willing to divert to aid us in recovering our dead, so must we set our priorities and retrieve our fallen comrades. It is ironic, however, that had Jiigral and the others slain the humans when the humans were weak from fighting the orcs, it would have saved so much bloodshed and even saved you this journey. This is why I say that the policy of nonaggression is foolish."

"It is my duty to recover the bones of my brothers, but I also have a blood pact to slay those responsible for the atrocity as the sole surviving member of the warband. Can I...?"

"Vrina, you were too weak to defeat even one of them in combat the last time you fought. It is your human blood, I think. If you go out there and get yourself killed, then their murder will be complete. Besides which, what will your mother think? To my eye, some of these policies are her fault anyway."[/SBLOCK]

Rhys turns at hearing this.[sblock=in goblin] I would say there is danger in pursuing your blood pact, but then again when will you have a better chance or odds. We would be strengthened in a combined effort, and although I cannot guarantee that no harm will come to you I will do my best to keep you safe. What I have heard of this band I am not certain I can defeat one alone but here I am. Something must be said for doing what is right and seeking to be the best you can.[/sblock]

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene observes the dialogue between the goblins, then says to her near companions: "Is it just me, or is this conversation taking way longer than a simple 'we do not have time, sorry'? Anyone any idea what's going on?"

Then she raises her voice a little to address Rhys: "What's going on Rhys?"

BigB

First Post
Venus said:
Irene observes the dialogue between the goblins, then says to her near companions: "Is it just me, or is this conversation taking way longer than a simple 'we do not have time, sorry'? Anyone any idea what's going on?"

Then she raises her voice a little to address Rhys: "What's going on Rhys?"

Rhys turns to the group once more: One of them is contemplating joining us, the lone survivor of the warband that was fighting the Orcs and wiped out by the ones we are after.

Lot

First Post
Eskon speaks up as he remounts his horse.

"I make it a point to never judge a man by his race, but by his actions. Women, as well. If he wants to aid us, I say we take him up on the offer."

B4cchus

Explorer
Findoram raises an eyebrow "Shural you say? Hmmmm. I heared some good things about this diety and its followers. It seems this Shural has some good things in common with the High King."

Remove ads