Troubling news

Merle

First Post
And there's DHCP...

How does the ban work with people who use an Internet service with a DHCP-supplied address? It would seem to be the expiration of the dynamic address would free up the ban earlier than expected.

Just a technical thought,

~Merle the Watcher~

Ruthia

First Post
My question. How does one find out if one of their chars has been warned recently? Now I don't give out my chars or their pass codes...but there are a few times where one of my chars has popped online for no reason and I wasn't controling them. I have no clue who was playing them...but would be intrested in knowing what if anything was done.

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Merle said:
How does the ban work with people who use an Internet service with a DHCP-supplied address? It would seem to be the expiration of the dynamic address would free up the ban earlier than expected.

It's more work but dynamic IPs can be blocked out too.

@Ruthia: I'm working on a new profile system where you'll be able to see that by visiting your profile, but for now if you see anyone playing your character or you're concerned please drop us an email at:

isrpmagi@gmail.com

And we'll happily look into it for you.

Last edited:

Alek

First Post
Ruthia said:
My question. How does one find out if one of their chars has been warned recently? Now I don't give out my chars or their pass codes...but there are a few times where one of my chars has popped online for no reason and I wasn't controling them. I have no clue who was playing them...but would be intrested in knowing what if anything was done.

Do you mean Ruthia__ or Ruthia___ or Ruthia._or Ruthia.______ or Ruthia. or Ruthia.__ ?

All this time I thought the variations were....you.

huh.

:uhoh:

Last edited:

Magi_Trelian

First Post
If someone makes up a name that's obviously an attempt to be mistaken for one of your characters, let us know and we can change the password on that name so it can't be used. And we'll keep an eye on the username list to try to keep it from happening again.

In that same vein, if you've forgotten the password to your char then just let us know and we can set up a temporary password to get you back in. This is MUCH better than making up a new-but-close character name, because it might be mistaken for someone else trying to play your char.

Ideally, we need some way of telling you're the "real" player of the character, for both of the above interventions by the Magi. We'll do our best to work with you on that.

And if you have any reason to believe that someone's guessed your password, please make sure to change the password yourself.

Remove ads