OMFG! The new Star Wars comercials are PROSLAVERY!

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Watch the new Star Wars dvd comercials, in one of them theres a little girl what saids "I wish I had a pet Wookie" at the end of the spot. Am I the only one who sees how WRONG that qoute is*?

* Yes, I realize that "Wookies" are fictional beings from the planet Kashyyyk and that Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. And I'm pretty sure that doesn't make sense. Also, I did think that the qoute was funny.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
So, the fear isn't that she is a little girl who likes fuzzy creatures but rather that she is getting a headstart on building an army of wookie thralls?

Wolf72

Explorer
it's not the same little girl who's picture was shot by Will Smith in MIB was it? ... There is no reason for that little girl to be reading those types of books, ... and now she's going to create an army of wookie enthralled wookies????!!! :D

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

ROFLMAO. She will be the next Emperor..ur I mean Empress...with corrupted wookies instead of Storm Troopers. As Brando would say, "The Horror...The Horror!"

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Pets really aren't slaves, though. They are more like freeloading relatives.

Still, the Star Wars universe does have a lot of thorny issues. Slavery is fairly common, even in the Republic days (Anakin and his mom were ones). You have sentient droids which are owned. And the whole cloning thing - do they have any legal rights? What if a Clone Trooper didn't want to be a Clone Trooper? Could he leave?

Shayuri

First Post
Well, in fairness, Tatooine wasn't in Republic space. It was in Hutt territory.

The Hutts, being lowlifes, practice slavery all the time. I don't think it was kosher to practice slavery in the Republic...though admittedly, it didn't really seem to have a lot of centralized power to enforce galactic law.

Templetroll

Explorer
Darth Debbie, preteen Sith Lord! See her battle the excessively judgemental Jedi Judy Jetson!

Hey, you got old time cartoons in my Star Wars spinoff!

Ranger REG

Explorer
Templetroll said:
Darth Debbie, preteen Sith Lord! See her battle the excessively judgemental Jedi Judy Jetson!

Hey, you got old time cartoons in my Star Wars spinoff!
Yet one more reason why Hasbro should be selling Star Wars merchandise, not Mattel.

"Darth Barbie." Hah! :]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
You also forget that the Empire (being evil) enslaved all the wookies on Kashyyk after the Jedi Purge. Thus the clone soldiers COULD be considered slaves of the Palpatine's Corrupt Pre-Emperial Old Republic Government. Though of course.. the fact that the Jedi actively lead the clones into battle doesn't bode well with me (Maybe thats is what Yoda ment about the darkside being everywhere?)

Last edited:

Remove ads