Stink in Ship's Towers

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn fixes the dwarf with a glittering stare and focuses his will, reading the dwarf to the uttermost depths of his soul. Dwarves, of course, have very deep depths by human standards.
"Do not lie to us..." he whispers softly, but with terrible clarity.

(OOC:Expend psionic focus to activate Inquisitor feat. Kenn's sense motive on the dwarf (1d20+10+6=18)
I'm so embarrassed.)

Edit: I don't suppose someone was Aiding Another, were they?

Drowned Hero

First Post
Khuther stands some feet behind the two men looking at the people that travel this district and are amazed about his two companions, how streetwise both are, how subtil to gather information. He keeps quiet as he dont know any way to help them.

ajanders

Explorer
"You'll make us blush. We've just been telling people if they don't cooperate, you're going to turn them into toads. Very motivating, that."

Kenn winks at Kuther and grins wickedly.

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=OOC]
I may be able to post in the morning, but after that, I won't be here until maybe Monday afternoon. Thanksgiving is this weekend here.
[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock=Sensed Motives]You get the feeling that the dwarf, despite being poor, would rather keep quiet than lie. However, it seems that the dwarf considers his information to be more valuable than a single galifar.[/sblock]

The beggar slowly turns the coin in his hand. "Heeyaw, yee, ah think thaat ahm rembring sumthing. Ah veery sought-aafter peerson, yoor frieend ees. Ah thiink ah saw him smuggling a feew daays agoo..."

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn opens his left hand to reveal two golden galifars. "Perhaps, then we can sharpen your memory about a few other things as well? Let us buy you a round -- talking's thirsty work."

(OOC: Total offer 3 gp and a beer for telling us where to find the Eel, as well as who was asking questions about him. Kenn will attempt a Diplomacy check to sell the deal as well...Kenn's diplomacy check with the beggar (1d20+5=15))

Knight Otu

First Post
The dwarf eyes the gold coins eagerly. and then nods. "A thiieves guuild, yee, iit iss," he whispers. "Heeyaw, yee, those thee oones. Noot one of tha big claans, buut trooble 'nough. As too thee Eeel, ah saw hiim a feew daays ago. 'twas early moorning, and haad some aale - whhat little ah had - under a peer suuthwards, een the fraameworks. Ah saw soming under ah peer neerby, which holds a taavern, aand took a clooser look. Ah saw the Eeel, ihn a rowboot. He looded some craates intoo it, theen roowed away. Hee returned laater, 'bout dawn ah think, ahnd climbed baack intoo the taavern, throogh ah windoow."

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan considers the dwarves words, glad that they have found a lead so soon. He whispers to his companions, " I'm thinkin' we should be taking a look at this tavern the dwarf is speakin' right quick then. Once we're getting a good look at the Eel's setup, we can forumlate a plan to take him down, like cutting loose his little boat while he's inside or something, or hiding in his crates. "

Drowned Hero

First Post
Kaodi said:
Kathan considers the dwarves words, glad that they have found a lead so soon. He whispers to his companions, " I'm thinkin' we should be taking a look at this tavern the dwarf is speakin' right quick then. Once we're getting a good look at the Eel's setup, we can forumlate a plan to take him down, like cutting loose his little boat while he's inside or something, or hiding in his crates. "

Khuter nods at Kathan

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn smiles at Kathan, Kuthar, and the dwarf.
He devoutly hopes the dwarf is not named Kaspar, because that would be too weird.
"I imagine we've just found where we're buying our friend his round, then. Lead on, friend!"

Behind his hand, he murmurs "Kuthar, you don't keep a sleep spell memorized, do you?"

Remove ads