Stink in Ship's Towers

Knight Otu

First Post
ajanders said:
I imagine we've just found where we're buying our friend his round, then.
"Naah, ah thiink ahll paass on thaat. Nah worth tha trooble ta be seeen bringing yah theere. 'tis tha Clifff Craab, doon suuthwards. Yah caan by me tha roond anther tiime."

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan grins, running one hand through his hair. " Well then, " he says, " Let's get to it. "

He moves to head off in the direction the dwarf has indicated, but turns back to the beggar. His grin widens, and he says, " If this turns out well for us, perhaps we'll be askin' your help another time. Keep your eyes and ears open, old man. "

Kathan begins walking off again, and he turns his gaze upward to look at the sky. Meanwhile, he makes sure his morningstar is loosened up in his belt. He figures he is probably going to be needing it very soon.

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn shrugs regretfully.
"Guess I'll just have to use my "Wand of Sleep" then. It looks a little funny, but when I wave it at someone, they go right down."

He wraps one arm companionably around Kuthar's shoulders and follows Kathan along. "So what kind of magic do you do?"

Drowned Hero

First Post
ajanders said:
Kenn shrugs regretfully.
"Guess I'll just have to use my "Wand of Sleep" then. It looks a little funny, but when I wave it at someone, they go right down."

He wraps one arm companionably around Kuthar's shoulders and follows Kathan along. "So what kind of magic do you do?"

'Not much my friend im in constant learning. I do some minor magic of the schools of conjuration, abjuration, divination and evocation in form of Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Magic Missile, identify and Alarm spells.
I have in the past worked as guard at several shipments of ore from one dwarfen city to another'

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn boggles.
"I'm glad you're on our side."
He pauses for a moment.
"No turning-people-into-a-toad spells?"

He seems faintly dispirited.
"Well, if the Eel asks, you can, indeed turn people into a toad. It may make him more cooperative."
Kenn peers up ahead for the Cliff Crab -- or at least a cliff, which would be a promising landmark.

Knight Otu

First Post
After a short walk, you reach the pier with the Cliff Crab. The small business, probably no more than 60 feet on the long side, rises from the end of the pier, the southern wall almost completely along the pier, the northern wall about ten feet away from the northern edge. The door is approximately in the middle, and a sign above it shows a crab, and below a mug, a plate, and a bed, showing from afar that this establishment is both tavern and inn.

[sblock=Knowledge (local) 15]You recall that the Cliff Crab is peculiar in that only one man works there, its owner Osten Ranicle. He has no other employees.
[sblock=Knowledge (local) 20]While that means that service is slow at times, it encourages other people to conduct their business there, not having to worry about poorly-paid, bribed servants. Osten himself is very close-mouthed about his customers, as he wants to respect their privacy.[/sblock][/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=Knowledge (Local)] 1d20+3=10 :\ [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Since I am new to PbP, is this how it goes? You profered the check and information beforehand, then I link to Invisible Castle, and since I didn't make the check, I don't open the hidden thing, I am thinking?
[/sblock]

Kathan takes a good look at the Cliff Crab, then shrugs his shoulders. " So, how 'bout we go in, take a look around? No use just standing around here, " he says.

If he is satisfied that there is nothing to see outside, he'll head inside to see what's going on.

[sblock=Spot]
1d20+3=15
[/sblock]

[sblock=Sense Motive]
Once they get inside, Kathan can assess the social situation as a full round action due to Social Intuition, with a result of 16.
[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
Kaodi said:
[sblock=Knowledge (Local)] 1d20+3=10 :\ [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Since I am new to PbP, is this how it goes? You profered the check and information beforehand, then I link to Invisible Castle, and since I didn't make the check, I don't open the hidden thing, I am thinking?
[/sblock]
(Depends on the DM, but yes, when the DM posts an SBlock such as that, that's the typical routine. If the DM doesn't think about certain situations or checks, you can prod him/her by posting something like "Can we get some information about that with Knowledge (arcana)" or "I'd like to Sense Motive that guy, I've got a +X to do that.")

Looking around the tavern, Kathan finds nothing out of order at first, until he gets to the southwestern corner of the pier. It is hard to tell, but there seems to be a rowboat bound below the pier, almost in a line beneath the westernmost window in the southern wall.

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan's eyes widen when he spots the rowboat, and he raises a finger to his lips. He whispers to Kenn and Khuther, " I've think I've spotted our friends ride... I'm thinkin' one of us should untie it and let it go. We don't want the Eel making a quick escape that way. After that, we go in. Agreed? "

Remove ads