Abandoned Dwarf Halls (great halls added)

Kris

Adventurer
Hello all :)

I've not posted anything for a while so I figured I'd start posting some maps from my recent games.

Currently the party is wandering the halls of an ancient (Moria-style) dwarven city in search of a lost artefact (which will hopefully bring about an alliance between the elven people and the dwarven folk - if presented to the current dwarf lord by an elf who has braved the orc-infested halls of their former home… blah…blah…blah… cheesy/stereotypical stuff :) )

Anyway… now that my players have explored this area I guess it is safe to post this particular map image. It's supposed to be the throne room/audience hall of the dwarven kings. Hope you like it.
throne_room.jpg

Last edited:

Eosin the Red

First Post
Kris,

Your stuff continues to impress the heck out of me. From simple line art to detailed graphics, you consistantly demonstrate exceptional ability.

Kris

Adventurer
Thanks for the kind words :)

Mind if I ask what you used?
Mostly it's photoshop that I have been using - though I do use other software for different things.

For example I'll generally start by drawing simple lines/shapes in a cheap vector-graphics program - just to get the layout how I want it (using different coloured lines to represent different things... for example the red lines in the picture below will be used to make the floor pattern).

Then I'll export that image as a .bmp and then play with it in photoshop (using different styles/filters etc.) and get the empty rooms/passages looking somewhere near right (pic 2).

After that it's just a matter of adding bits of rubble and furniture etc. (most of which I have drawn at a larger scale and then shrunk down to fit this scale of map).

In this example I have also used some software called 'Poser' (they were giving the older version away as a free download not so long back... so I grabbed it) - and by playing around with that, I managed to add the skeleton and statue images.

example01.jpg

I actually have quite a few areas drawn for this current dungeon, and they all fit together in a kinda modular fashion - and I have been using these tiles (on my website) for some regular passages etc.:
http://www.enworld.org/CrookedStaffProductions/page18.html

Once this current adventure has run it's course I hope to add all of the new tiles I have made (mostly specific areas like the throne room above, or a great rift, etc.) to that page just in case other folks can get some use out of them for their own personal games :)

Kris

Adventurer
Actually speaking of the 'great rift'... here's the image I used to represent several high stairways:

chasm_battle.jpg

If you look close you can see the joins in a few places as this was made using several of the 'modules' that I created... but it works well enough for me :)

Kris

Adventurer
Here's a quick look at the area that the players have explored so far (though this image is prone to change as I usually update it from session to session):
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/hador_goldenhead/halls_so_far_current.jpg
We've not done all that much dungeon crawling in the campaign so far... so I guess this is kinda making up for it.

And a close up of part of what used to be a dwarven graveyard... though (typically ;) ) it has since been occupied by the foul orcs and their allies:
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/csp_kris/old_graveyard.jpg

Remove ads