Abandoned Dwarf Halls (great halls added)

Kris

Adventurer
What next on the agenda?
Well... I'm still working on some areas of this dungeon... though I have got a whole lot more already finished that I haven't posted yet (as the players have not seen them).

I've also tried to concentrate on the areas that surround the PC's route through the halls... so for example, if on session ended with them deciding to head east... then I've concentrated on the detail maps for that direction more than areas to the west (consulting a rough diagram that I've sketched showing the approximate layout of the complex).

I hope that makes sense :)

So, for example, around the great hall (posted above) I have maps completed for (what used to be) the guild hall, a private chapel, kitchens, etc.

But if the players suddenly decide they want to go and try and find the great forges and workshops - then I guess that is what I'll be drawing next.... or if they want to trudge down into the deepest darkest mine - it'll be that (and all the passages/rooms along the way).

Would you take requests?
Not whole dungeon maps... but I do plan to have lots of different room/passage types to expand on what I have already drawn (all of which will be kinda modular... so they can be used in conjunction with the other rooms and passages I have created). Kinda like the prison block module on my website:
http://www.enworld.org/CrookedStaffProductions/35_cells.jpg

So if anyone has requests for things like that... then I'll try and include them (as long as they are not too wacky :) and within my limited abilities). But as you can imagine... drawing all the maps for my current adventure is taking up quite a bit of my time, so who knows when that will happen :confused:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Kris said:
Not whole dungeon maps... but I do plan to have lots of different room/passage types to expand on what I have already drawn (all of which will be kinda modular... so they can be used in conjunction with the other rooms and passages I have created). Kinda like the prison block module on my website.
Hey, that Prison Block is really neat! :cool:

Kris said:
So if anyone has requests for things like that... then I'll try and include them (as long as they are not too wacky :) and within my limited abilities). But as you can imagine... drawing all the maps for my current adventure is taking up quite a bit of my time, so who knows when that will happen :confused:
How far out of the question would a gothic graveyard be?

Kris

Adventurer
How far out of the question would a gothic graveyard be?
Right now I would have to say that I'd have trouble squeezing it in... as it would be something I would have to start completely from scratch. Whereas if someone simply needed a dungeon room of a particular size/shape with some basic furniture/stairs/rubble inside... that I could probably manage (as I already know how to go about that, and I have built up a small library of such 'furniture' that i can simply copy and paste into the map itself).

Kris

Adventurer
Here's a close-up of a few more areas that have already been explored by my players - the first is supposed to be a couple of small workshops (long fallen into ruin), and the second is a small jail block that has since been used as worg pens...

workshops.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/csp_kris/jail.jpg

...and seeing as how they now seem to be looking to get out ASAP (loot in hand, and one party member down)... it's probably safe to post some images of areas that they are now unlikely to see... like this lower cave...

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/csp_kris/lower_cave_2.jpg

terrainmonkey

First Post
okay, as always your stuff is beautiful. i have tried to get textures like yours on the floors of my stuff but i can't seem to pull it off. perhaps i'm not being patient enough. great work sir. consider this one yoinked.

i guess i'll just have to go back to my drawing board. hrmmm...... :]

Kris

Adventurer
Thanks for complements terrainmonkey.

The floor is simply a white layer with a stone pattern and a bevel/emboss texture added (the latter to create the effect of raised areas and scratches/gouges/cracks in the stone). However this also bevels the edge of the picture (which I do not want)... but I get around that by drawing the original image larger than it needs to be and just crop off the excess area when I am done (i.e. the pink area in the above example).

On top of that is a simple grid that has an outer bevel (around 50% opacity for this layer) to create the effect of the separate flagstones (which doubles as a 5ft grid).

Now back to the dungeon...

If you should wander along the passage to the north... you will find yourself at the High Stair:
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/csp_kris/high_stair.jpg

Kris

Adventurer
If you look at the 'high stair' map (two posts above) you will see that before you reach the main stairway there is another set of steps that lead off to the west (going up).

These lead to what once were a collection of small offices and storage rooms, and also a room that contained a dwarven lift mechanism - though now the latter it's little more than a hole in the floor and a few rusty chains and pulleys hanging from the ceiling.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/csp_kris/upper.jpg

Kris

Adventurer
If you look on the 'high stair' map (3 posts up) you will see that the passage continues to run in a northerly direction beyond the stairs themselves. This passage leads to the corridor at the bottom of the following map.

Also on the map with the lift and the storage rooms (1 post up) you will see that there is a set of 10ft wide steps leading downwards (near the top of the image). These lead to the stairs on the bottom left of the following map.

So without further ado, here's the great halls:
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/csp_kris/great_halls.jpg
(this map contains the throne room I posted originally)

Remove ads