Character Sheet for Martial Adepts? (Tome of Battle)

AdonisMayhem

First Post
Has anyone found a good character sheet to use with Martial Adepts, specifically a swordsage? I have looked around a few times and have found nothing. The character sheets I traditionally use don't have much room for stances and maneuvers.

Thanks,

Adonis Mayhem

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
I don't use a special character sheet for my stances and manuvers. I follow a suggestion from Tome of Battle that has worked wonderully.

I basically took some 3x5 cards, and wrote my manuvers on them (including page numbers, and a summery of what they do to make using them less of a pain).

I keep all my readied manuvers face up in front of me. My non-readied manuvers are in my dice bag or under my clipboard.

When I use a manuver, I flip it face down.

When I recover a manuver, I flip it face up again.

When I am readying manuvers, I pick them all up and choose which ones to ready, and set them face up again.

With stances, I just keep the stance I am currently using on top, with the other stances below it.

AdonisMayhem

First Post
I use the poker chip method of tracking maneuvers, as I am also an avid board gamer so chips are just cool!

However, I want everything in one place on my character sheet, instead of having to flip through cards/chips when I want to see a summary of my abilities.

AM

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
Maybe you are higher in level than me. I only know 6 manuvers and ready 4, so it is not too hard for me to use cards. I could see though if you have 12 manuvers and ready 8, then yes, that could be a problem!

As for character sheets, I don't use premade ones. Instead, I make every character as a word document, so every sheet is custom mae to my individual character. Using this system, I would just have a list of manuvers on the sheet, and put a check mark by them when they are readied, and circle it when they are used, erasing it when they are refreshed.

AdonisMayhem

First Post
Only third level so far, so I only have 8/6 or somthing like that.

I had thought of the Word option, but that seemed like so much work! :D

Maybe I can find one and modify it...

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
Oh, it does not take that long, half an hour at most. I made Epicl Level characters like this and it only took an hour.

Remove ads