• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Sheet for Martial Adepts? (Tome of Battle)

AdonisMayhem

First Post
Has anyone found a good character sheet to use with Martial Adepts, specifically a swordsage? I have looked around a few times and have found nothing. The character sheets I traditionally use don't have much room for stances and maneuvers.

Thanks,

Adonis Mayhem

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
I don't use a special character sheet for my stances and manuvers. I follow a suggestion from Tome of Battle that has worked wonderully.

I basically took some 3x5 cards, and wrote my manuvers on them (including page numbers, and a summery of what they do to make using them less of a pain).

I keep all my readied manuvers face up in front of me. My non-readied manuvers are in my dice bag or under my clipboard.

When I use a manuver, I flip it face down.

When I recover a manuver, I flip it face up again.

When I am readying manuvers, I pick them all up and choose which ones to ready, and set them face up again.

With stances, I just keep the stance I am currently using on top, with the other stances below it.

AdonisMayhem

First Post
I use the poker chip method of tracking maneuvers, as I am also an avid board gamer so chips are just cool!

However, I want everything in one place on my character sheet, instead of having to flip through cards/chips when I want to see a summary of my abilities.

AM

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
Maybe you are higher in level than me. I only know 6 manuvers and ready 4, so it is not too hard for me to use cards. I could see though if you have 12 manuvers and ready 8, then yes, that could be a problem!

As for character sheets, I don't use premade ones. Instead, I make every character as a word document, so every sheet is custom mae to my individual character. Using this system, I would just have a list of manuvers on the sheet, and put a check mark by them when they are readied, and circle it when they are used, erasing it when they are refreshed.

AdonisMayhem

First Post
Only third level so far, so I only have 8/6 or somthing like that.

I had thought of the Word option, but that seemed like so much work! :D

Maybe I can find one and modify it...

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
Oh, it does not take that long, half an hour at most. I made Epicl Level characters like this and it only took an hour.

Remove ads