D&D 5E I made a Revised Fighter to fix the martial/caster gap - Feedback?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
The sorcerer was dropping fireballs and other damaging spells left and right. The fighter's damage exceeded EVERYONE else's by a wide margin., over the course of multiple fights. Is it absolutely dispositive? No, but it certainly showed a lot.

There were different issues exposed by the play report. For example - a staff of the magi (or power) WAY OP for a sorcerer or wizard. It allows them to blast and cast almost indiscriminately and still keep their personal spell reserves for other things
can you link?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Perhaps one of the best "alt fighter" I've seen is the Zouave (I helped a tiny bit, but it's 99% not my work).

This if not for 5e, it's for the GLOG, a "light" D&D branch that only has 4 levels

The Zouave is an old campaigner who's returning to a life of adventure after a long break. (I suppose they are level 1 because they are "rusty"?). The zouave has "fighter like" powers yes, but what they also have that I think should be an inspiration are "tall tales" - war stories, crazy stuff that happened during their previous life as a soldier. Based on those experiences, the Zouave has a collection of tricks, knowledge and powers that can help the adventuring group outside of combat:

I hope it may inspire :)

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Here you go.

There is a lot to wade through initially and it cuts off abruptly (never finished) but it got through enough to get a pretty good idea. @Flamestrike ran it.

I made a spreadsheet at some point. Will have to see if I can find it.
It appears I’m blocked by someone on that page and so cannot see much if the content.

If you have the summary spreadsheet I’d be interested.

Remove ads