Geisha, the (missing) Asian Bard

smootrk

First Post
Updating the Geisha document this morning with a few changes. Notably:

cleaned up language in a few spots
tweaks to the Geisha Defense ability (limits to Human-like creatures)
added some feats
added invocalibans affiliation to the text.

my time is still limited lately, so that is probably all for today, but I hope to adapt/include SoA's sleeve weapon idea. I will probably change portions to simplify the weapon mechanics somewhat - I think it would work better parred down some to something essentially like spiked chain (sans spikes). Additional abilities/qualities could be magical enhancements or spell effects. but these are just initial thoughts on the subject.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Thanks for the update on your progress. The Sleeves were something of a cross between the spiked chain and the whip (emphasis on the whip-like aspect) anyway, so your change sounds good. I look forward to seeing your interpretation.

smootrk

First Post
Anyone who might be using the Geisha for evil npc's (or evil players) should look at Dragon Magazine #353 for the Thrall of Malcanthet PRC. The abilities and theme behind this evil thrall prestige class have a very nice synergy with the Geisha Class, both thematically and mechanically.

And if anyone has used the class in actual play, I would love to hear of your experience.

Remove ads