The Mystery of the Metal Man.

Alek

First Post
A large velum scroll is pinned up to the board with the title done in blue with a silver outline, the rest of the message in flowing, but easily readable blue.

Greetings fellow adventurers, hedonists, and violent criminals! I have recently acquired a bizarre construct with an incredibly nature. It resists almost every single physical attack, magical attack, or mental attack. I simply MUST know where it gets its powers...but that doesn't mean I cant have a little bit of fun at it. Instead of bringing it to a renowned magical university for careful study, I am leaving it to the populace of this odd little planar nexus' to figure it out. This isn't a request, but a job for those who think they are clever enough to reveal the inner workings of an ancient artifact of undoubtedly massive power.

There are a few rules...

1) You cannot bring it back to a lab to work on it. (Not that I think you would be able to move it anyways, this is just so you don't ask.)

2) Don't cast fireball on it. (Trust me, just don't.)

3) DO use any strange powers that you believe unique to yourself on it, who knows you might get lucky.

Thats it, except for saying that I will not be held accountable for injuries that may stem from tampering with it. To entice you, I offer the prize of 5,000 platinum pieces for the being that manages to fully activate it. You can find this construct standing somewhere in the field of honor occasionally, it has a strange mark over where its left eye would be, and looks like nothing more than a featureless man made of gray metal.

~Alek Solinari~

(Anyone who sets foot out in the clearing when Southern Cross is there would put two and two together...hopefully.)

Last edited:

Imreis

First Post
*steps up and reads it over with a interested smile before quickly tacing up a note underneath of it*

Next time im around i must see what this thing is, ill bring the cookies.

*chuckles to himself as he heads out again*

reapertain

First Post
*Approaches the board out of mild curiosity, only to notice through perusing of prose the request of this note in particular. The face of the person grows grave with concern, and eyes narrow upon the description. Few words are muttered, though unknown to the script, then quickly heads towards the door*

*Several moments later, a message appears from invisible pens onto the parchment*

Seek the Codex

Remove ads