[Mature]Werewolf: The Forsaken PbP - Blood in, Blood out

Tokiwong

First Post
The story picks up anew… with individual storylines after completing their respective Rites of Initiation…

Camera

Hillside Heights, Denver Suburb

7:00 PM December 27th, 2006

[sblock]Camera has had contact and training from his father, and the Ashen Rebirth pack. But he has also had tutelage from other Iron Masters such as Rumor of the Silver Syndicate. In his time learning about the spirit world and the ways of the Forsaken he has had a few encounters with the strange and odd things that dwell just out of sight.[/sblock]

Rumor sits across from him, a fellow Iron Master, she is an irraka of the Silver Syndicate. She was there for his Rite of Initiation, and helped him with adjusting to the tribe. She stands now outside his home, his brother’s home with her red hair pulled back in her standard ponytail, draped in plain winter clothing. Rumor smiles, “Well Camera, I don’t think there is much more that you need to learn… well at least from me or the others. But I just stopped by to give you this,” she hands him a folded newspaper, “Story on the second page about a young girl who shot and killed her mother… the authorities say it was an accident. Happened over in Ridgecrest… third such incident like this in as many weeks. Got the gun control lobbyists going nuts.”

Faith

Forests north of Denver

[sblock]The fallout on the attack was blamed on a wild animal, probably a feral dog that disrupted the party. No one remembered where Faith was, and with the amount of alcohol and drugs at the party, many the details were hushed up to protect the kids and their families. But with the Christmas season coming, the incident was lost in the rush to go on vacation, buy gifts, and well enjoy the fruits of their labors. High School is a much more intense affair though and Faith has to use much of her will just to keep her anger from exploding at times. That mixed with her intense training regimen with Candace has pushed some of her friends aside. This means catty relations with Esther and their overall respective clique…[/sblock]

Candace lopes back and forth in the urhan shape, her red tinged coat bright and strong. She is the eldest Blood Talon and when she spoke others listened. This was the first time Faith had seen so many Blood Talons gathered, not that she had been uratha all that long. She recognized both the Scar Angels and the Red Knives. Plus other Blood Talons, including Richard Canfield of the Silver Syndicate. Although it was to be a celebration of sorts, it looked more like a staging ground for war… well except for the Scar Angels who brought a keg and a grill…

Candace howls, and those gather respond with howls and shouts of exultation. Faith felt as if she was being sized up by everyone around her. She was the omega, the newest Blood Talon. But still to be respected, but she knew that she would have to earn her way, Destroyer Wolf was pleased with her, but that would not be enough to survive. And she knew that life was survival. They were at war, at all times, against the Pure, the spirits, Bale Hounds, and far darker things.

A man speaks to the gathered, Faith recognizes him as Honcho alpha of the Red Knives, a dark skinned military man, “Brothers and Sisters, we are gathered here to honor the Rite of Passage for our youngest sister.” The murmuring and talking dies down as he growls for silence. Once satisfied he continues, “This night we give her the honor to join our hunt… this night we feed as our ancestors have fed. We feed to fuel our battle for survival…”

Candace lopes forward in her wolf shape growling for domination. Her posture demands that any that wish to challenge her right to speak do so, but be prepared to follow that challenge with violence. Honcho silences himself and waits for Candace.

The mighty she-wolf warrior shifts into her hishu shape. She looks at the uratha gathered with stern focused eyes. She speaks with authority, “I am Candace Heart-Seeker, many of you know my name… indeed many of you have shed blood with me. But that alone does not ensure our survival. You must be willing to die for nothing more then your pack, your territory, and for your kin.”

Many nod listening. She continues, “But why do we fight? For Father Wolf? For Mother Luna? For Destroyer Wolf? Ask yourself this question. Because I know what I have seen and despite my many years of battle Father Wolf has never risen from his grave and came to my rescue. Mother Luna… she has marked you, and that mark may as well be a mark of death. The Pure will hunt you down like a rabid dog, spirits will curse your presence and see you and yours dead… to choose Destroyer Wolf is to fully understand what it is to be Forsaken. Other tribes look at us and say we are nothing more then blood crazed warriors. But we understand.”

Candace raises her hands, a knife in one hand. She shouts, “We understand that we are Forsaken because there is no help coming… while those others may see our way of life as barbaric… or even foolish, WE UNDERSTAND! We understand that you can either curl up into a fetal ball and cry for Mother Luna’s intervention that will never come or you can fight! You can embrace your nature, claim your uratha birthright and fight for your survival… all those here have chosen to fight and we will SURVIVE!”

The Blood Talons howl… the feeling is primal.

Candace then looks at Faith, “Young sister, will you shed blood for Fenris-Ur, the Destroyer Wolf? You have sworn to offer no surrender that you would not accept. But more then that will you shed blood with your sisters and brothers this night? Your fellow uratha of the Suthar Anzuth?”

Piotr

[sblock]The Pure thankfully have not been a problem since that initial attack all those weeks ago. The Hunters in Darkness, the Menina, have taken Piotr under their wing and taught him their ways. Even had him run the sacred places, and virgin areas that even man still fears to tread. But more locally, thankfully his shop has not been accosted by Black Moon Extreme… but that just might be to the shining that Buzz has taken to Piotr.[/sblock]

Piotr’s Shop, Downtown Denver

It was another evening, although one can say that life has been anything but routine for Piotr. But it was pleasant to spend a full day in the shop, getting things done, even if it did seem wholly mundane and almost alien in some ways compared to what Piotr has been through in the last few weeks.

His run-in with the Pure, with other uratha, and then his subsequent weeks learning about his birthright and his place in the world. The Hunters in Darkness were distant but effective teachers and he spent many nights in the cold wilds learning to rely on his wolf senses and experience the primal world up close and personal.

The jingles of the bell alert Piotr to a customer.

And then he sees Buzz, she grins wildly, “So mister Watson… what do you think about this new lifestyle? You still scared that Moriarty is going to bust in her and starts wrecking $#!+? Well don’t worry too much about it, I totally vouched for you… seeing as you and I are totally on the same wave length…”

She hops onto the counter sitting, “So what the hell do you think about all this uratha stuff?”

The other uratha will be added as their characters are finished...

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Ariella

[sblock]With the shooting of the youth, Ariella is investigated, but no wrong doing is found and the incident itself is pretty much dropped. She attends the funeral of her partner, seeing his wife and children there. It is a somber affair, but even with death she must learn… The wolf within wants blood for the injustice of the spirit… and she investigates three separate cases of violent acts of children acting against their parents. Hoping to find tell-tale signs of the spirit… and each time she feels she is close but not quite close enough. In this time she is educated by Isaac and spends much time with the Three Sisters, a pack of female Bone Shadow uratha.

Also Ariella finds herself being transferred to another department that is in need of manning in the Hillside Heights area. A favor perhaps by Roman, or maybe it was just happenstance.[/sblock]

Nevermore Bookstore, Downtown Denver

The Nevermore Bookstore a quaint bookstore specializing in mystery novels; this was a place that Ariella had become quite familiar with in the recent weeks. But not for the books or light reading, but knowledge of the Bone Shadows and uratha culture. Most of the knowledge was imparted by Park Sun Ae, the alpha of this small pack, and a revered seer. But she was not alone in teaching Ariella, Amanda “First Shadow Cast” Lopez also imparted her more worldly knowledge to Ariella.

The youngest member of the pack was also a student at Faith’s high school, Kim Carlson. She was also a student and also a rahu… and only slightly more experienced then Ariella. She was a bright if confused kid and Ariella could already tell that the young girl looked up to her as a friend and peer.

This evening though Sun Ae summoned Ariella for a reading, it was important. Or at least that is what Kim stressed on the phone. Thankfully Ariella had the evening off, or perhaps the strange Korean ithaeur knew in advance that she would have the evening off? It was a bit unnerving to be around the Bone Shadow seer.

Kim greets Ariella, “Ari, you made it… Sun Ae is upstairs, she is getting prepared. She said she needed a few minutes, so how are you? Do any cool cop stuff?”

Shalimar

First Post
Faith had spent most of her time outside of school with Candace training hard to control herself, to improve herself. The pink haired girl hadn't expected being a werewolf would be this much work, hadn't expected controlling her anger would be this hard. Already the strain of her anger was pushing her friends away, making things strained for the normally good-natured girl. She had started hearing people say things behind her back since the party, saying that she had gotten stuck up, that she thought she was too good to spend time with the rest of the girls. It hurt, but Faith wasn't about to ask Candace for a break, the woman would probably break her arm and then tell her to keep training.

Over the course of the month the girl learned how to control her ability to shift forms, and something had become readily apparent the first time she had changed shape, no one would ever believe that she was a regular wolf or a dog when the top of her head was covered in sleak pink fur. One of the Blood Talons had laughed at her the first time he had seen her in Garau with her absurdly pink hair. All of that was in the past though, tonight was a new night for her, a very important night. Tonight she was going to join the Blood Talons in truth.

Faith let the primal Blood Talons, feeling honored, feeling Proud that Candace wanted her. The woman was something else, raw power, attitude, an indomitible will, and she had asked Faith to be part of her tribe. As her mentor exhorted the gathering, telling the Uratha what it meant to be Forsaken and most importantly what it meant to be Blood Talon, and Faith howled with them.

"Yes, I will shed my blood for my brothers and sisters. I will shed the blood of my enemies for them and for Destroyer Wolf." the teen answers Candace.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"Yes, I will shed my blood for my brothers and sisters. I will shed the blood of my enemies for them and for Destroyer Wolf." the teen answers Candace.
Candace takes her knife and slashes her palm and then holds out the bloody blade to Faith, “Let all who share in the hunt spill their blood. Shed your blood and then pass on the knife to another sister.”

Faith will have to do at least 1 Lethal Health level to herself.

Candace nods, “Then strip yourself bare your body for Fenris-Ur and howl. Show us your call to war… call the hunt Faith. Lead us sister, and may we bring down a worthy kill. May you take its hearts blood and dedicate your kill to Fenris-Ur.”

Shalimar

First Post
Faith accepts the knife without hesitating and brings it to her palm pausing for only a moment before biting the inside of her lip and drawing it across her palm to mirror Candace's wound. She had gotten used to how fast Uratha healed, well as used to it as she could while avoiding major injuries, but cutting on her own flesh would take awhile to get used to if she ever would. Next the girl passed on the blade to one of the women that she thought was a Red Talon.

Intellectually Faith knew she was hot, that she had modeling offers made, but all of that confidence and pride faded beneath what she had to do next. She was still a sixteen year old girl and getting naked in front of anyone was a frightening thing, but in front of a group of people who were all older then her was near paralyzing to the girl. Even if Uratha couldn't be together, it didn't mean that they didn't look, and Faith had only ever been naked with a boy once and it was just fumbling and petting. Thinking about pissing Candace off by not getting naked, the girl swiftly reconsidered. The teen slowly pulled off her t-shirt and dropped it to the ground, she wasn't really developed enough to need a bra at all times, not when she was wearing a tight shirt and she knew she would be getting naked later. Next the girl dropped her jeans and panties revealing the entirety of her lithe athletic form to the gathered Blood Talons and showed that the hair on her head wasn't all she dyed.

Faith summoned up her will and used it to shift to her Urhan form, a graceful almost dainty wolf with short blond fur except around her head and below her belly where it was a shocking pink. She was really going to have to stop doing that, her hair was ok, but the other was just too embaressing. She sniffed the air seeking the scents from all around the gathering before raising her head to the moon and howling out her excitement, her eagerness to hunt, to drag down prey and feast on it with the tribe.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Piotr's training, for the most part, felt like a lot of the same. He had no qualms with spending a lot of time in the wilderness. He smiled, outside of his pack noone had been this friendly with him in years. The occasional chat with the customers he liked but this was something new.

"Thanks, Buzz," it was relieving to know there wasn't any chance of getting into a grudge match with another pack, at least not too soon, "I like being an Uratha, it answers a lot of questions about myself. The Hunters in Darkness have a lot in common with what I used to do, I think they were the right choice."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Ariella looked up from the shelf where the books displayed stunning glossy photos of the Sierra Nevada mountains, covered in pines with the peaks dusted white from snow. She gave Kim a smile and shrugged in answer.

"Cool? Nothing much. Broke up an overly noisy party. Helped some drunk guy home. Saved the world from terrorists that seized control of an orbiting laser... So what's the scoop in here? What's this big thing that's so important? She give you any hints?"

Graf

Explorer
Camera feels awkward standing in front of his house.
Out in the open.

He looks at Rumor.
We’re cool.
She’s one of the people.
I’m one of the people.
We’re both uratha. So we’re cool.

Unbidden Issac’s voice echoes through his ears. Along with an unpleasant memory.
“U-ra-th-a! Not urethra! Focus boy! Pull that with a spirit and you’ll find yourself in big trouble.”
We’d been going all night. Learn that, remember this… I was tired.
Cool people don’t make excuses.
Camera squirms.

Tokiwong said:
Rumor smiles,
Camera flushes (though it’s hard to tell) and stares at her hand.
Camera can remember her laughter. Struggling to control herself, then cracking up again. Eventually she managed to wheeze out “No…. no Camera, <snort> picking up take-out <gasp> doesn’t count as hunting <wheeze> …for your own food.”

Camera realizes there is something in her hand. She’s saying something.

Tokiwong said:
“… give you this,” she hands him a folded newspaper , “Story on the second page about a young girl who shot and killed her mother… the authorities say it was an accident. Happened over in Ridgecrest… third such incident like this in as many weeks. …”

Something flashes through Camera’s brain, hot and quick.
Time stops. Rumor’s voice trails off.

He feels like he’s rushing out of his body, up high above the neighborhood, like a bird. He looked at google maps last week and saw all the little buldings that make up the neighborhood*. Now they’re in front of his eyes again. He can he his house, he’s standing in front of it. The red haired person standing in front of him is Rumor, around him he can see the rest of Hillside Heights (and Faiths house); the school and pond, the shops and the mall.
* = Editic Memory Merit

And there’s a red dot. Where the child killed Mom. Ridgecrest.
Idly he knows that his brain pulled the address from the article he’s looking at.

That brings him back.
Time starts again.

Tokiwong said:
“…the authorities…say it was an accident. Happened over in Ridgecrest… third such incident like this in as many weeks. Got the gun control lobbyists going nuts.””

Camera can still see the little red dot. It’s hanging over Rumor’s left eyebrow, super-imposed on his vision. Like an itch he can’t quite reach.

He stares at the dot.
“It’s in my neighborhood,” his voice comes out like a growl.

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
"Thanks, Buzz," it was relieving to know there wasn't any chance of getting into a grudge match with another pack, at least not too soon, "I like being an Uratha, it answers a lot of questions about myself. The Hunters in Darkness have a lot in common with what I used to do, I think they were the right choice."
“Answers questions?” Buzz replies, “and what questions did you have before you wolfed out and got to know the truth about just how @#$%*% everything is. I mean were they serious questions or were they the real kinds of questions… like why is it that President Bush is under the thumb of the Vampires, and is trying to usher in the final world war and summon the Dark Gods of the Abyss… now talk about weapons of mass destructions.”

Buzz grins wildly, “But a Menina? Damn dude you would have been an awesome Storm Lord… could have joined my pack… and you could hunt the blood suckers with us.”

Camera

Rumor nods, “I guess it is, you think you or your pack could handle this thing? As much as I like to think this is just something mundane, my gut tells me that it might be far more then that. I know that you were looking for some kind of child hunting spirit… so hopefully you find this bastard.”

Camera’s brother pulls up in the driveway, the garage door opening. He waves from the car with a smile, “Hey Camera.” He then drives into the garage.

Ariella

Kim smiles, “Wow you cops live such exciting lives.” She thinks for a second on the question, “Well I am not for certain but I think that the Sun Ae wants to give you some kind of augury thing. Sorry I am still sort of new to all this.”

Ariella hears Sun Ae’s voice from upstairs, although the woman is speaking in Korean.

Kim sighs, “I think she is saying that she is ready for you.”

Faith

Candace nods and removes her clothes; her upper body covered in runes carved into her flesh. She changes shape into her urhan form, with brown and red fur. Other Blood Talons follow suit, and soon a large pack of wolves circle about yelping and howling and communicating in the wolf tongue.

Candace gives off the smell of command, and howls bringing the other wolves in line. She speaks, Let the spirit go… unleash Buck with No Fear; we honor him this eve with a hunt. We have till dawn to hunt this mighty spirit. May our claws strike true… and our teeth tear at his flesh.

A ghostly buck with a silvery sheen to its coat tears through from the spirit world into the physical. Its horns are a massive rack of horns that look like they could rip a normal man to pieces. The spirit bows its head to the gathered uratha.

The spirit pleased with the chiminage given to it, the self-inflicted injuries… it bounds into the forest. Candace turns to Faith, This is your hunt Faith… call us to the hunt.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Faith rose her voice to the heavens, it was a call to action, a cry of joy. The Blood Talons were alive, truly alive in ways that humans and even other tribes of Uratha would never know. The blonde wolf took all of feelings and howled them out sounding the call to hunt once the spirit buck had a head start. This hunt was in honor of her, and she wanted the other Talons to remember it with pride. She poured all of her excitement, her hunger, her need to rip and tear into warm flesh and drink blood into the cry.

(Presence 3 + Expression 2 + spending a will power point on her howl)

With the cry given Faith speeds off in hot pursuit of the giant stag spirit, wanting to lead the hunt from the front, wanting to be the first to sink her fangs into spirit flesh.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases