[Mature]Werewolf: The Forsaken PbP - Blood in, Blood out

Graf

Explorer
Camera grins at Jamil.
“It’s pretty different.”
“Lots quieter.”
“Some cool people.”

Just like him. Always looking out for us.
“Sure. That would be cool.”

Shalimar

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Faith

Candace nods, “You made a good decision Faith, and I am pleased that you feel apart of the tribe. You are a full blood sister now… You still have a long way to go though… but you have the will to survive.”

Faith nods, "I'll survive. Its been weird though getting used to everything, I had never imagined any thing about gifts, I thought werewolves were just werewolves, that we can regenerate and shapeshift. I guess the part of the Oath about not letting human's know is going strong."

"Being able to to speak with animals is somthing I never really expected to do." the pink haired girl said pushing her hair behind her ears. "Tonight's hunt was physically demanding, but not really mentally demanding, I just pushed my body for as much speed as I could get out of it."

"What is a hunt like against a spirit that kills? My pack wants to hunt the spirit that is inhabiting kids and killing their parents. I wanted to know what it means to be on that kind of hunt. I expect it to be dangeruous, we are Uratha after all, but is there any advice you can give me on such hunts?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Drake

[sblock]Drake has not been hunted by the Pure, but that probably has a lot to do with the tight security Rachel Snow has put on him, although not personally. Storm Lords have kept careful tabs on the new uratha, and inducted him into their fold as a warrior and a leader. Drake has avoided getting thrown in jail and has gathered for himself quite the fan base at the local bar in the Hillside Heights area, a sports club/bar combo called the Dugout.[/sblock]

Drake’s current ‘residence’…

7:15 PM, 27th December, 2006

There is blood on his hands… no his paws. He lops through a forest of concrete. He walks alone, as humanity passes him by, the throngs drone on as if in a daze. Zombie like. He follows a trail of blood and finds the city covered in snow… blood tinged snow. Bloody paw prints lead him to a throne, a throne of bones and corpses.

He sees Faith in her urhan shape circling the throne, and she growls as he approaches she growls. A larger wolf wearing a crown at her side. The wolf silences her and then offers Drake a place at his right side of the throne…

Drake feels a sick feeling in his gut… beyond the throne he sees the silhouette of many more uratha. The large wolf howls, and the others echo him… but it is a sickening cacophony of voices… In a flash he sees the others of his pack… dead ripped apart by the claws of other uratha…

Then Drake wakes up in a cold sweat.

This does not count against his cahalith ability usage for this story.

Faith

Candace nods, “We do our best to keep the apes from learning too much… they know enough to be dangerous to us already.”

She takes a swig of her beer, “As far as hunting this spirit… you must remember that a spirit is not a human being. It has no moral compass. It does not understand evil, nor good… well most don’t. It is an immortal thing based around an idea… an animal… or object and is obsessed with its concept to the exclusion of all other things.”

Candace finishes, “You must understand you may have to put aside your human emotions and be prepared to destroy something precious. This spirit will pull no punches, it hates you more then you can possibly understand. And it will use every weapon at its disposal to destroy you and stay free.”

Ariella

Sun Ae replies sharply, “You have dark path ahead. Ariella Favored of Death Wolf; you will see a choice and you must decide true. Your pack, your life, and that of many will hinge on this choice. Blood will be your legacy… I fear for you Favored of Death Wolf.”

“Trust the dreams of the visionary… his ways are crass… but he sees the path,” Sun Ae quiets her self. She looks away from the skull, “I can say no more. You must see the signs, Favored of Death Wolf.”

Piotr

“Stop smoking, don’t be a quitter,” she jokes, “Screw kids… I just want to have lots of sex without any consequences. Who wants to raise a kid, most of them are pretty brainwashed by the media by the age of seven anyways. The rest are just too dumb to survive.”

She then hops off the desk and puts her hand over Piotr’s mouth, “Don’t say its name out loud… it might find you! Just forget you ever heard the name… it has spies everywhere…” she whispers in his ear.

Camera

“Great, I will tell Sam later tonight. She was real excited about it, and personally I would feel better with you working with her then spending all that time with ‘dad’, mom does not speak about him for a reason, and personally I don’t think he is a good influence on you. He just gives me a bad vibe, and that is why I got out of the hood to get away from people like that,” he says to Camera.

Shalimar

First Post
"So this spirit hates us more then we can imagine and it is killing in our territory. Its our territory so its our job to keep the spirits and humans from killing each other, even if we hadn't promised to pay it back for what happened with Ari and her partner we would still have to face it." Faith says sounding determined.

"I know that spirits are obsessed with their purpouse, their reason for being, so I don't think this one will stop what it is doing...I think the only thing that will stop it is to destroy it, or at least forcing it back across the Gauntlet and into the shadow world, right? The best way to do that would be to find out its ban, but how would we go abou doing that, would other spirits in the area know its ban assuming we could convince them to talk with us I mean?"

"Other packs have totem spirits to aid them, to talk to them and teach them about spirits...should my pack seek one out? I think that the search for one could help bring us together, make us gel more, turn us into a closer pack and I don't know if we would be strong enough to hunt a spirit like this without the unity tha working together to find a totem could bring us. Not that I would know where to start a search for a totem." the pink haired teen says grinning.

Shayuri

First Post
Ari tries to lick her lips, but her mouth is dry.

"Come on, don't go all...mystical on me like that," she says quietly, urgently. "If this is that important. What choice? How will I know which choice is the important one? Who's the visionary? Give me something to work with...please..."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
Ari tries to lick her lips, but her mouth is dry.

"Come on, don't go all...mystical on me like that," she says quietly, urgently. "If this is that important. What choice? How will I know which choice is the important one? Who's the visionary? Give me something to work with...please..."
“You are on the path; the choice you must make is coming. I do not know when this choice will come, but it will happen. You choose. You will choose. You cannot escape fate. The visionary is close to you… he has seen your death. Trust in him, and perhaps you will choose correctly,” Sun Ae replies.

She looks up sharply, “Only you can decide your path Favored of Death Wolf.” The elder Bone Shadow stands, “I have nothing else to give. Please leave…”

Faith

“Knowing its ban will help a great deal, knowing its name will help in finding its ban. Most spirits despise us, but they still respect our power and you mark gives you favor with them even if the bastards hate us. It never hurts to negotiate aggressively if need be… or present chiminage; give the spirit in question gifts befitting its nature,” Candace replies.

“I would speak with Camera about that, being an ithaeur he has a link to the hisil few will understand. But when dealing with this spirit it will come to violence, and spirits are worthy prey indeed. Unlike Buck with No Fear this one will fight back, and you will earn the victory with your blood and sweat,” she adds.

On the subject of totem she says, “All good packs have a totem. One that represents what the pack stands for; totems provide the spiritual bond that completes the pack. They serve us and in turn we serve them. I can’t tell you how to begin your search that is something you will have to discuss with your pack, sometimes a totem will come to you… but that is rare.”

DrZombie

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Drake

Drake’s current ‘residence’…

7:15 PM, 27th December, 2006

Then Drake wakes up in a cold sweat.

Feck. My pack. DANGER

Drake barely manages to supress a howl, just in time remembering that this might not be the best place.
He grabs a cigarette from his bedside and lights it, thinking. Carefully he tries to feel his pack, like he's done a few times in the past. If he can sense no danger, he'll have a shower and a 'breakfast' at the Dugout.

Watson. Faith. Ari. Camera. I need to find them. We've been apart for too long.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
“Stop smoking, don’t be a quitter,” she jokes, “Screw kids… I just want to have lots of sex without any consequences. Who wants to raise a kid, most of them are pretty brainwashed by the media by the age of seven anyways. The rest are just too dumb to survive.”

She then hops off the desk and puts her hand over Piotr’s mouth, “Don’t say its name out loud… it might find you! Just forget you ever heard the name… it has spies everywhere…” she whispers in his ear.

Piotr nods and waits for Buzz to remove her hand from his mouth.

"I will remember to forget," he says, "And no concequences? Good luck, but everything has concequences. Some creep up on you, and you don't notice till you're a lot older."

Graf

Explorer
Camera rubs his face for a long moment.
"It'll be good to do something with Sam."

Herd can't know.
He'll never appreciate Issac.

Camera feels a hard lump forming in his throat.
.... and he swallow's it.
"Sure bro."
"I'll keep my head down."
"You know me."

Camera glances around at the houses.
They feel pulled back away from him.
He's exposed.

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Piotr nods and waits for Buzz to remove her hand from his mouth.

"I will remember to forget," he says, "And no concequences? Good luck, but everything has concequences. Some creep up on you, and you don't notice till you're a lot older."
Buzz pulls her hand back and she grins, “Consequences. I know the world is full of consequences. Look one simple death did… it sundered the world of the flesh and the spirit. Damn I bet that was some crazy $#!+ right there I wish I could have been there.”

She walks towards some camp equipment and runs her hand over it, “I mean to have been there in the presence of Father Wolf… hell if the old bastard even existed. Sometimes I think we just perpetuate myth so we don’t feel so insignificant like continuing the lie just to feel better about our pathetic lives.”

“Oh you want to see the newest lick head we are going to be hunting?” Buzz says with a manic smile.

Camera

The homes still seem oppressive as usual, as if they reject Camera’s very presence. Inside he hears his momma, “Camera, Jamil you two get in here and have some dinner, I ain’t been cooking all day just to sit here and have no one to eat it.”

Jamil smiles, “Just a minute mom. I guess we better get inside Cam… it is cold out here.”

He heads inside holding the door open for his brother. The yawning maw of the door waits for both of them to cross the threshold and be swallowed up.

Drake

He can’t feel any danger… not at the moment.

Drake can smell chicken wings, burgers, and french-fries. The interior is already pretty packed with middle class families. The waitresses are high school students and young people probably in college. The bartender looks at Drake, “Need a little morning wake up?”

He was older probably in his sixties, and not only was he the bartender, he owned the place. He had taken a shine to Drake and his music, and Drake suspects that he reminds the older man, Chuck of his son. Chuck pours him some whisky, “Breakfast of champions.”

Remove ads