Viridian Plague--Act 4: The Sleeping Queen

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I saw it unleashed--it's too confusing to juggle two timelines about (with different posting speeds behind them) and count every second of Obscurity walking down empty halls, so I'm going to assume they spent constant time and made equal progress until Obscurity stops, then I'll count 10 rounds and Trayah will be at the same point ;)

Good question, though--I sometimes do miss lone posts)

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Obscurity]*The cold becomes extreme, and Obscurity is filled with dread as her body stiffens, becoming numb and unresponsive.*

*But then the moment is over and she dashes backwards through the bitter cold, with the slowly-drifting cold wraiths in pursuit. After running for only a little while, she comes across Trayah, who has apparently followed her, with Whinoah and Lyssa close behind.*

(OOC: Obscurity takes 3 Damage, then she takes 13 Damage and loses 1 Str and 1 Dex) [/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Trayah heads downward, and as he does, the air becomes colder and colder, until eventually he is shivering and highly uncomfortable just being there. It's even worse for him than for the others, who are also uncomfortable, mainly due to the fact that his body temperature is regulated by the environment and doesn't generate much of its own heat, and so his natural reaction on so much cold is to drift off into an icy sleep from whose grip he will never awaken. He sees his breath in front of his face, and the passage ahead is frozen over and darkened. Just then, Obscurity comes running, frightened, from further down the passage. Small icicles, rime, and frost cover her body, and she shivers frantically in some places and seems numb in others.*

Erekose13

Explorer
"Wrrraiths coming. Sooo cold." says Obscurity moving past Trayah. Her lips are blue and patches of frost bite are appearing on her white white cheeks. As she reaches the other side of the party she collapses against the wall seeking warmth.

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

*Trayah casts produce flame, hoping it may provide some warmth, as he regrets the fact he didn’t ask the spirits for magic to protect them from the elements.*

“Wrraithsss?” Trayah inquires, his teeth chattering.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The magical fire does little to provide warmth, but it does illuminate as well as a torch would. Off in the darkened distance, by two wispy floating icy entities float towards the four cold newcomers, trailing wisps of darkened haze and glaring with glowing blue eyes full of winter's chill.*

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

*Not willing to risk them getting any closer after what they’ve done to Obscurity, Trayah casts flame strike on the wraiths.*

[SBLOCK=OOC]9d6 damage [half fire/half divine] / DC 21 Reflex half[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The Flame Strike blazes in its full glory, but the incorporeal nature of the ice spirits causes them to ignore the attack.*

*Whinoah curses, realising that her only magical bow, borrowed from M'ress, is enchanted with the power of ice.*

*Lyssa sighs.*

"I really hate these evil spirit thingies--they're so hard to pin down."

*She fires several bursts of magical force at one of them, but it continues forward. Though the two phantasmal emissaries of icy death do not yet touch the four intruders, their mere presence sends the temperature dropping dramatically, numbing them with cold.*

(OOC: IS1 takes 16 Damage

Trayah takes 9 Damage
Obscurity takes 4 Damage
Whinoah takes 7 Damage)

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman (48/57 hp, AC 21/12 touch)

“Hrrmmm, yes, very annoying, when the magic of the spirits passes right through them too,” Trayah enunciates slowly as he battles the cold. “Best to send them away if I can, before they freeze us here.”

*Raising his holy symbol, Trayah calls upon his spirits to banish the ice spirits that confront him.*

Remove ads