Regarding more Item Cards

bigbrother8

Explorer
i just purchased the monster and item cards along with some cardstock to make a couple of handy "decks" to use. unfortunately, i've been having misalignment issues like many others have mentioned (mostly found here). yes, i'm using a front-loading inkjet photo printer. but i'm also using acrobat reader 8 professional with no rescaling or other manipulation options.

i've found that the problem is alleviated some (but not entirely) if i use regular paper and not the nice cardstock. duplex printing didn't appear to have any effect.

simply stated - it seems that the problem is two-fold:
(1) front-loading
(2) cardstock

will this problem be fixed by using regular paper in a top-loading printer ? any other suggestions? what has everyone else's experience been?

SiderisAnon

First Post
i've found that the problem is alleviated some (but not entirely) if i use regular paper and not the nice cardstock. duplex printing didn't appear to have any effect.

will this problem be fixed by using regular paper in a top-loading printer ? any other suggestions? what has everyone else's experience been?

Some printers simply don't handle card stock very well. For instance, my Cannon inkjet at home handles it well most of the time, but sometimes fees in the cardstock crooked. The HP laserjet at work can only feed card stock from one tray. The color lasterjet at work will not use card stock or CD inserts at all and completely freaks on them.

It is common with most printers that there will be some minor variation in how each page is fed. Only really high end printers get this correct every time. (I used to do scanning projects and I would see pages that were several degrees off from the ones before or after.)

Basically, I've found that the only cards which work well for a front and back are the ones where the back has no cut lines and has a graphic that can easily work if it "floats" around the pages a bit. The monster and item cards, while great, don't work well if you actually want both sides on the same card.

My suggestion to you would be to try different printers if you have access to one. If one will print with a tolerable deviation, then use it. Another idea is to try feeding in the card stock one sheet at a time. This is a pain, but it helps on some printers.

Good luck.

Remove ads