Epic Problem : Return to Power

Avalon®

First Post
"It seems , mighty dragonborne, that we are supposed to find a contact of Salarassa that can lead us to the obelisk." He then turns to Salarassa. "So where can we find this contact of yours?"

pallandrome

First Post
"He travels pretty much constantly, so he'd be stopping in pretty much every major inn around, his being a bard and all. That one over there reputes to be world famous, so why don't we head on over and check the veracity of the claim?" says the Rakchasa as he saunters through the main gate of the city, tipping his hat to the guards. "Excuse me, guardsmen, but my throat is positively parched from the road. Where can I find this 'Dirty Sheep' place I've been hearing about?"

Nephtys

First Post
Ijazim pays no heed to the guard, but simply drifts trough the gate sitting crosslegged on his carpet. With his plate armour glamered and the elven girl hidden away in the portable hole he looks a bit exotic but not too out of place. After passing the portal he looks back and nods to his allies, knowing that he can easily find them at need he's content to leave them to their own devices for the moment. Let them investigate their leads, he had other means of obtaining information.
Finding an inn, any inn, he rents a room for the day and heads upstairs. Upon opening the Portable Hole he finds that his elven companion is now a lifeless corpse and Miranel (his Ghostly Cohort) flies out and hovers before him with an annoyed expression. "I liked that body and her quivering little soul, tormenting her was the most fun I've had in years. And now you've broken her, suffocated her, and she's not very likely to want to come back. You could return her as an undead," she smiles and presses her substanceless body against him, "I could keep her under my control while taking another body. It could be... entertaining."
"Enough!" Ijazim cuts her off, then smiles at her again, "You will need your mobility now, and she was beginning to bore me anyway. You will find other husks, I will require you to take quite a lot of them in fact. There is some information I want you to find..."

He sends the Ghost downstairs, hiding herself in the walls and the floor and using Detect Thoughts to pick up the thoughts of the people passing by. Once she senses a lone person, preferably a serving maid, she will move out and take posession of her. Having taken posession of the person she rummages trough their terrified mind to find any information she thinks is relevant to the situation (information about the whereabouts of the Seven or the Bard, or the local ViPs in particular). Then she goes about her work, the work of the person she's taken posession of, performing the tasks of service while chatting with the customers and other staff about the resent upheavals and those Ancient Heroes, while the Detect thoughts remains active. "...The Dragonrider, The Wanderer, and whatabout that old Bard? Is he one of them, too? I heard he once..."
If someone seems to know a lot, either revealing or seeming to withold much, they are then marked for later posession. Once she's spoken to everyone, gossiping about as barmaids do, she remains in the common room, but if someone of those who knew too much leaves the room she follows them. When they are alone she draws a knife and slits her own throat and then takes posession of the next victim and goes trough his mind for information.

Meanwhile Ijazim takes a look at the town, holding the sensor of his Mirror of Mental Prowess a thousand feet above the inn he begins moving it around in an ever widening circle until he's got a good mental map of the little city. Once that's done he takes a closer look at any locations of interest (palaces, temples, military barracks, mage-towers, world famous inns and so on), zooming in on important-looking people and using the Detect Thoughts function of the Mirror to read their minds.

ooc: Ghost skills:
Bluff (Cha):....................27 (15+12)
Disguise (cha):...............19 (7,5+12)

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Ijazim keeps going, and so does not notice the fact that the guard seemed more taken aback by the mispronouncing of the Inn's name than by the Exotic, floating man.

"That's the "DIZZY" sheep, sir, what backwater desert hole are you from?" The other guard looks at him and they share a hearty laugh. "The DIZZY Sheep has only been the worlds best inn for 'slong as anyone can remember! Hell, Even them uptight's over in Lyrevan have'em, and they've opened some up down south!" The second officer smiles "Can't suggest a better inn, there's 2 of'em in town. If you can find an opening, I'ld suggest trying the chicken, best there is."

[sblock=Panarchus] You notice a third officer standing farther away frown, lowering a pair of goggles over his eyes as he glances over the party.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ijazim]
You enter the first in you come across, the "Filthy Weasel", and get a cheap room. The Inn looks a bit run down, and isn't very busy.. not as busy as you'ld suspect from the inn closest the gate, anyways. You send Miranel down and she easily finds a serving maid to take over while she's cleaning. A little later, she's back at the tables chatting and working. (Will give info later, it'll take her a while and I want to see what the others do). Meanwhile you start scrying. The first thing you notice is that all of the important looking buildings - the Baracks, 2 Mages Towers, Government center (Apparently there's a democracy), and both of the "Dizzy Sheep" Inns (As well as several prominent houses) are magically protected from divinations, and the mirror can't seem to penetrate these wards. Whatever city you're in, it's powerfully magical, which would explain why you didn't get quite so many stares on your carpet.
[/sblock]

OOC: BTW, a couple things
First - if you guys have buffs on that you think I may have overlooked, please point them out (Invis, true sight, Detect magic, etc). Also, I'll be rolling SOME of your rolls myself (Spot, sense motive, etc). If they come up while I'm responding, but you wouldn't have known of them. (Any action you take, post your own roll for, but if It's reactive I'll post it.. Also, I'll be doing the Initiative myself)

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Still invisible, Panarchus whispers urgently, "Colleages, I believe we have been noticed. To your left, the frowning guard with he goggles, I don't he was wearing them to shade the sun. Salarassa, would you be so kind as to join me to convince him that nothing is awry? The rest of you should move on a bit so as not to make the other guards nervous."

Panarchus drifts over to the guard casually and speaks in hushed tones, "Good sir, I couldn't help but notice your interest in my friend and I as we entered. Despite the fellow on the carpet, we were hoping to keep a low profile. If it were to get out that we were here, it would cause certain complications with other factions. Complications that could create all manner of hassle and paperwork for the city guard. And nobody wants that do we? Perhaps we could come to an arrangement?"

pallandrome

First Post
Salarassa saunters over to the gentleman with the looking glass. "Indeed, my compatriot and I mean no harm to you or the fair citizens of this city. We merely seek to find a bard of some repute that may have passed through here a while back. You would not have happened to have heard of such, would you?" he asks, while smiling pleasantly, and keeping his hands well away from any weaponry or pockets.

ooc: diplomacy roll 1d20+58=62

Nephtys

First Post
Jemal said:
[sblock=Ijazim]
You enter the first in you come across, the "Filthy Weasel", and get a cheap room. The Inn looks a bit run down, and isn't very busy.. not as busy as you'ld suspect from the inn closest the gate, anyways. You send Miranel down and she easily finds a serving maid to take over while she's cleaning. A little later, she's back at the tables chatting and working. (Will give info later, it'll take her a while and I want to see what the others do). Meanwhile you start scrying. The first thing you notice is that all of the important looking buildings - the Baracks, 2 Mages Towers, Government center (Apparently there's a democracy), and both of the "Dizzy Sheep" Inns (As well as several prominent houses) are magically protected from divinations, and the mirror can't seem to penetrate these wards. Whatever city you're in, it's powerfully magical, which would explain why you didn't get quite so many stares on your carpet.
[/sblock]

Ijazim briefly considers stepping trough the Mirror and simply Disjoining the wards, but decides against it. There would be time enough for that later, but now was too soon to show his hand. Instead he sets his eye on a person, and then another and another, leaving one of the warded locations (the Government Center and Magetowers primarily) and reads their thoughts trough the mirror. If he can spot any temple he also makes an effort to read the thoughts of any senior cleric.
Hearing the laughter from downstairs he smiles a bit, proud of his wicked little girl. She always knew how to make people open up, one way or another...

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
The guard looks through his Goggles at Panarchus, a puzzled expression on his face "a strange look you have, sir... What are you?" He wave his hand and you both catch the casting of a "Powersight" spell. (From the house rules).

His Eyes go wide, staring hard at Panarchus, backing a step as Salarassa speaks to him, and his fear dissipates, replaced with Awe. "By the G..GODS! Such power.. Wait.. You ARE a God, aren't you? Of course I'll help, my lords! There's always bards coming through, this is the Holy City after all!! Why Grennet gets hundreds of bards a year.. Has this one displeased you, my lords? Perhaps a description?"

Ijazim - You watch around, and soon discover that the Temple is the central figure of the city, even though it is set to the side, buit into the near cliff face at the base of the mountains. You are in the city of Grenet, Religious capital of the United Alliance. The Government center and Magetowers are apparently, in this city, just there because they must be. The Mages would grow angry if the Priests didn't allow their towers, and the Government must have at least a figure head in the 'holy city'.

As you are scrying around, there is a knock on your door, and a voice, old yet full of life, drifts through "A moment of your time, good sir?"

Nephtys

First Post
Ijazim returns the mirror to its inert state and, dismissing the impulse to blast the interruptor behind the door with a handful of spells, takes a seat on one of the moth-eaten ottomans in the room and picks up a glass of inferior brandy before answering "Come. The door is unlocked."

ooc: His armor and is glamored into ordinary clothing. I'm not sure if any of the spells he cast before going trough the portal are still active, but I guess the 10min/lvl ones still are (though I don't know the durations by heart, I'll look it up if it becomes relevant). True Seeing if 1min/lvl, I think, so that's probably not still active.

Remove ads