• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Slathered Plates of Butterworth

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
How many of you feel this breakfast adventure is too difficult? I found that the SR (Syrup Resistance) of most of the creatures makes this very difficult for Syrupcasters of the appropriate level. The sausage zombies were also a bit disturbing and probably warrant a Mature rating or some sort of warning be put on the cover.

kenobi65

First Post
I played through it with my 5th level Jemimaturge, and I found that there were a few sticky situations, but we managed to avoid a TP-Special K.

That said, the final encounter encourages waffling on the part of the DM. The module doesn't make clear whether or not Mrs. Butterworth has actually cast the Leomund's Log Cabin spell, which makes quite a bit of difference in those SR numbers. And, Hungry Jack's stats are out of whack -- he doesn't have the prereqs for the Improved Buttery Taste feat.

(Sorry...I actually used to work in the breakfast-food industry, and I couldn't resist this thread. :D )

Kafkonia

First Post
Mark CMG said:
How many of you feel this breakfast adventure is too difficult? I found that the SR (Syrup Resistance) of most of the creatures makes this very difficult for Syrupcasters of the appropriate level. The sausage zombies were also a bit disturbing and probably warrant a Mature rating or some sort of warning be put on the cover.

I preferred the original version that was cerealized in Luncheon.

Anti-Sean

First Post
I really appreciate the short stack format it's printed in, as I'm too tired most mornings to lug tons of hardcover books around. It was easy to drop in some homebrew fries on the side to help the players ketchup. We were awash in pulpy goodness the whole time. My players are waffling over what to do next, but no matter what, they're pretty much toast!

*edit* curse you, kenobi65, for beating me to the 'waffling' line! :fist:

Remove ads