• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Slathered Plates of Butterworth

Henry

Autoexreginated
Does anyone think the Mordenkainen's Mastication spell is simply too low a level for its power? Our group's wizard seemed like he was casting that spell all darned day long!

Wystan

Explorer
Henry said:
Does anyone think the Mordenkainen's Mastication spell is simply too low a level for its power? Our group's wizard seemed like he was casting that spell all darned day long!

Ok, but how did your Sauceror feel about it, a bit of a fine kettle to have your players brew in, isn't it?

Stick a fork in them, they're done for.

Anti-Sean

First Post
Henry said:
Make sure you apply the standard penalties for blindness if he casts it too much.

Oh, waitaminute... never mind!

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
We managed to get through the whole thing without any lamentable loss of life. Which is good, because I'm really not a mourning person.

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Oh. . . and man those fruit-filled crepe traps butchered the thief rogue, even with his high Buttery Finger Bonus.

Last edited:

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
I thought it was awful.

The cover said "Use it to start a new breakfast or drop into any ongoing breakfast with little modification." Yeah right. In my breakfast, the zombies are never made of sausage and I run a low syrup campaign, how am I supposed to just drop this into my ongoing breakfast?

The Belgian Order of Adventuring Waffles were so integrated into the plot that one cannot just easily use them in another breakfast.

I wish WOTC would publish more generic modules, that would fit right in with my low sodium, slow syrup, high adventure breakfast.

Also, the Buttermilk Mixture of Doom as a followup? Puh leeeaase.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
No offense, Kheti, but you just lack imagination. If you were a real DM, you'd know how to adapt it to your sort of breakfast.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads