City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I don't worry to much about this sort of things, but I can tell you the magic I whield, is quite diferent fron the one you use my lady. In your hands is the potencial to twist nature, not to protect it. My magic can do things like this " he says and put his hand in his poket, extracting some berries "These are good barries, I have been eating them for two entire weeks" He toss one to the elf, another to the dwarf, and a third to Nodis. "They are not that good, but can be quiet handy for injuries"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Perhaps good or evil is found not in the source of power, but in its use. There are, I admit, areas of arcane knowledge which some regard as a... temptation. But the teachings of Gliran, god of wizardry - " She breaks off, and when she resumes it is with the sense of a shift in subject. "I know a spell which will draw a thick fog from clear air. I am sure that you too can do this. If we both create a mist where none would otherwise have been, I do not see that mine is less natural than yours." She gracefully accepts the proffered berry. "Of course, no arcanist has mastered this kind of art," she says. "It is true that woe comes more readily to us than weal. For how long will this berry retain its benefits?"

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"For about two days or some" answer the druid. "But I was thinking in the dark ways of necromancy, or thouse similar arts. Some clrics can master such skills to I think."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Rasereit snatches the berry out of the air. Warily, he examines it from all sides with squinted eyes and a raised eyebrow. Then shrugging, he pops it in his mouth. He chews slowly and swishes the juice around in his mouth a bit before swallowing. "Hmm... not bad, actually, not bad at- Aww, bugger. Ye've gone an' sobered me up, druid!" Rasereit looks around, suddenly more lucid and disappointedly so. He quickly finishes his drink and orders another. "Somethin' 'eavy, lass," he requests of the barmaid.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hahahaha" the druid laugh slaping his knee. "I realy didn't spect that the healing powers of the good berryies could have such effect. My appologies master dwarf." he stands and bows, smileing.

Trouvere

Explorer
Voda Vosa said:
"For about two days or some" answer the druid. "But I was thinking in the dark ways of necromancy, or those similar arts. Some clerics can master such skills too I think."
Taelythenihel keeps a cool gaze on the druid for a few seconds. "Several of the pages of my book are given over to spells which are considered necromantic in nature by those who study the theory of magic. But consider this - a spellcaster, even a druid, may char an enemy with the energies of fire or lightning, and this is considered, as an act of magic, morally neutral. I instead might instil fear in an enemy such that he flees from me, or briefly deny him his strength so that he no longer can threaten me. Am I to believe that this is inherently less good? Nevertheless, I believe you refer to those aspects of necromancy which deal with the dead. I would be less concerned with a wizard, who treats her power as a tool, than a cleric, for whom such powers are part of their devotions and rituals."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I was refering to exactly that part of magic. And ethier way we druids see messing with the dead a nasty busines. What is dead is meant to dead, theres no turning back. Or there shouldn't. And I wasn't talking of evil and goodness. Such things are superficial, extremes that must be avoided. Balance in all things is your best choice." the half elf says.
After a few moments, he adds "I may be considered evil, if I'm forced to murder people in the sake of mother Nature. Even if they are just peasants who cut down trees to expand their farmlands. Let me tell you, all that stories about the wolves are not just fantasies"

Trouvere

Explorer
Someone said:
"Thanks to the gods I can't do magic!" exclaims Nodis.
"You have it seems your own talents, which I confess I do not understand," says Taelythenihel. "We wizards have a saying; in Draconic 'shar thurgix tuor vaeri', in the Common tongue, 'even the crippled wish to dance'."

Trouvere

Explorer
Voda Vosa said:
"I was refering to exactly that part of magic. And ethier way we druids see messing with the dead a nasty busines. What is dead is meant to dead, theres no turning back. Or there shouldn't. And I wasn't talking of evil and goodness. Such things are superficial, extremes that must be avoided. Balance in all things is your best choice." the half elf says.
"Undead creatures that continue to think are an abomination," says Taelythenihel. "I fear them. But mindless undead are different. What they were in life has passed on to the outer planes; what remains is only a shell. One could destroy such a creature out of hand. But if one were to take control of its actions, it would become no more than an extension of one's own will, like a chisel in the hand of a woodworker. It could be used for any purpose: to destroy other undead, for example. In that way, one might achieve a greater overall reduction in unnaturalness, if such were your goal."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads