City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouvere

Explorer
Someone said:
"No, I'm serious!" replies Nodis, still on the floor. "I'm, like, miles over Orussus. I know it's Orussus because I see a tiny red dragon standing on a square, and it doesn't move!"

"Which is kinda weird, being up there and hearing you at the same time. Where are you?"
"One moment," replies Taelythenihel. She quickly strides to the door, opens it narrowly, and begins spellcasting. "Now, sir, what do you see beside the dragon?" She shakes her head. "I am making frivolous use of my arcane power today."[sblock=Spellcraft DC 16] The elf is casting Silent Image.[/sblock][sblock=Nodis] A white rose fully 20 feet across appears in the air in front of the dragon's head - assuming Nodis is indeed remotely viewing Orussus.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
"A red* speck appeared next to the dragon" says Nodis from the floor. "But I can't make what's it. Do you have any idea of what's happening?"

ooc: assuming is a red rose

Trouvere

Explorer
Someone said:
"A red* speck appeared next to the dragon" says Nodis from the floor. "But I can't make what's it. Do you have any idea of what's happening?"

ooc: assuming is a red rose
"Your body is lying on the floor of the Red Dragon Inn; your consciousness or perception appears to be located both here and elsewhere, perhaps several thousand feet directly above us," says Taelythenihel. "Continue watching the dragon." [sblock=Nodis] The white shape turns black, then white, then black again.
OOC - I might be missing the point, but why not a white rose?[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
"It's changing colors. Do you mean I'm just viewing the place and I'm still at the Inn? Then I must be doing that thing... how did he call it... clairvoyance? Dude, it's way cool." Nodis pauses for a moment.

"If I'm doing it, I should be able to end it."

And finally he comes to his senses.

Trouvere

Explorer
Someone said:
"It's changing colors. Do you mean I'm just viewing the place and I'm still at the Inn? Then I must be doing that thing... how did he call it... clairvoyance? Dude, it's way cool." Nodis pauses for a moment. "If I'm doing it, I should be able to end it." And finally he comes to his senses.
"Are you recovered?" asks the elf. "My illusion is attracting attention from passersby. I should like to dismiss it before they notice me here in the doorway." Taelythenihel closes the door, and outside, presumably, a 20 foot wide floating rose shimmers and disappears. "You saw truly. A most useful ability, though potentially hazardous if it occurs beyond your control."

Someone

Adventurer
"Yes, I suppose" mumbles Nodis when sitting down again. "I normally do these kind of thing, I mostly create things. But useful?" he says, more animated. "You bet! I can... I can... er... anyone wants to play cards?"

Trouvere

Explorer
Someone said:
"Yes, I suppose" mumbles Nodis when sitting down again. "I normally do these kind of thing, I mostly create things. But useful?" he says, more animated. "You bet! I can... I can... er... anyone wants to play cards?"
"Only if you promise to scream and fall to the floor each time you observe your opponents' hands from outside your body," says Taelythenihel with a straight face.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well, that was wierd! Don't ya think so master dwarf?" Ciprinus says witha smile, as he drinks his ale.
A much thicker Carpio enters the inn at the moment Taelythenihel is closing the door.
"I see you find some rats" address the druid to his animal companion.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

"Aye, Ah never did trust that magic stuff." The dwarven face on Rasereit's shield, which is resting on the floor, frowns. "Well, except the kind ye put on arms and such!" The face brightens up and winks. "It's those unpredictable effects that get me, defies the laws o' nature, ye know?" He gestures at Nodis on the ground. "Like that, eh? Ah couldn't deal with that all the time, losin' me mind... literally! 'Tis creepy. An' it lets ye cheat at cards! Don't always let ye get away wit' it, though." He huffs, as though he's had trouble with clairvoyant card players before.

Trouvere

Explorer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
"Aye, Ah never did trust that magic stuff." The dwarven face on Rasereit's shield, which is resting on the floor, frowns. "Well, except the kind ye put on arms and such!" The face brightens up and winks. "It's those unpredictable effects that get me, defies the laws o' nature, ye know?"
"And yet, druids, the defenders of nature, also work magic, do they not, Ciprinus?" asks Taelythenihel. "For myself, I believe the laws of magic, arcane and divine, must underpin the laws of nature, for was it not through deific magic that the world itself was created by the gods?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads