sandstorm OGL

ogre

First Post
Does anyone know if I can legally use the rules in Sandstorm for a PA game I plan to publish, or would I have to make my own set of desert rules?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
ogre said:
Does anyone know if I can legally use the rules in Sandstorm for a PA game I plan to publish, or would I have to make my own set of desert rules?

With WotC, if it isn't in the SRD or Unearthed Arcana, it's closed content, so no.

An excellent alternative with Open Game Content is the Deserts chapter in Legends & Lairs: Wildscape by Mike Mearls from Fantasy Flight Games.

rgard

Adventurer
ogre said:
ahhh, I figured as much. Thanks for the idea with Legends & Lairs: Wildscape.

With all of the closed content in WotC's products I find myself gravitating towards 3rd party OGL material.

Thanks,
Rich

Edheldur

First Post
jaerdaph said:
An excellent alternative with Open Game Content is the Deserts chapter in Legends & Lairs: Wildscape by Mike Mearls from Fantasy Flight Games.
I completely second this suggestion. By far the best environmental rules there are for D20.

ogre

First Post
I didn't see a PDF option. Anyone know if they sell a PDF version? Are you recommenders sure the environment rules are OGL?

Edheldur

First Post
ogre said:
I didn't see a PDF option. Anyone know if they sell a PDF version? Are you recommenders sure the environment rules are OGL?
Yup. Quoting from the "Deserts" chapter -and any other environment chapter-:
Wildscape said:
The rules and game mechanics in this chapter, including the names, descriptions, and stat blocks of threats and hazards, are designated as Open Game Content.

And as for a PDF option, you can find it on RPGNow

Remove ads