Jemal's Prisoners

Avalon®

First Post
Why am I running like some mongrel pup? I'm the great Xing'dao Li. I should not run from the likes of those. Now I'm angry.

As soon as he arrives at the fort, Xing'dao Li runs back to the fore of the battle until he comes astride to Eoghan.

OOC: LR, I think you should be the one to roll for the hide check.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]*LOL... So lets get this straight.. Xing'Dao's actions so far:
Run to fort.
Run away from fort.
Run back to fort.
Run back to battle.

It's like a Horizontal Yo-Yo...
(er.. sorry, Avalon, but it IS humourous... 100 XP no hard feelings? ;)

Also, Need actions for Quill, Mei-Ying, and Celes. Since they go last in the round, however, I'll post what happens up to the bandits turn. If these three don't have actions by this time tommorow, I'll NPC them.*[/sblock]
[sblock=Initiative]
Xing'dao: 19
Valak: 14
Eoghan: 8
Bandits: 7
Quill: 6
Mei-Ying: 5
Celes: 4[/sblock]

Xing'dao has another change of heart as he approaches the fort and, with a crazily quick turnaround, is charging back towards them again. Eoghan, seeing the allies closing in from both sides, stops cold, and Xing'dao manages to catch up to him.
Valak meanwhile, continues his slow charge towards the fort, and the bandits keep up their chase, closing the distane even more. The lead Bandit chases down and jumps on the loose worg (remember the rider who fell off after what looked like a heart-attack?), setting off after you slightly behind the other bandits.

[sblock=Quill]
You see several of the bandits taking swigs out of jugs hanging on straps around their shoulders as they direct their mounts towards you. You can't make out much at this distance. Could be some sort of potion, or maybe a ritual drink before slaughter. [/sblock]

[sblock=Current distances]
Fort: Mei'Ying, Quill
50' : Tripwire
105': Celes
200': Eoghan, Xing'dao
250': Valak
400': 6 Bandits.
500': Bandit Leader (Now Mounted again)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Autumn

First Post
Celes judges that she still has some time before she needs to think about beating a retreat, particularly as she wouldn't want to leave Valak behind. Not that she feels much tenderness for the undead monstrosity, but the soul bond leaves her little choice. That thing could be linked to any of the others, in which case to leave it to destruction would be to condemn one of them as well. It would be unconscionable.

In any case, she's feeling much encouraged by the obvious impact that the ranged assault has already had on their attackers. If only the magical support from the fort continues apace then it seems obvious that they'll make short work of the bandits.

Focusing on the same bandit who suffered from her last volley, Celes draws back her bowstring once more and lets fly.

[sblock=OOC] Sorry for the delay, I've been ill.

Full attack on the same bandit again.

1d20+13 = 25
1d20+8 = 20
1d20+3 = 10[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
Eoghan stops and looks around. Standing next to him is the giant of a man, he smiles at him half-crazed from his exhausted stated and states in very slurred European, "Thrilling, eh?" He looks at the bandits, half singed and angry as all, bearing down on them hard and fast. Then he looks to the trees, witnessing the warrior woman launching arrow after arrow into their enemies and the magical assault coming from the fort; the dainty woman included? She looked more the part of silver-spooned royal girl than battle sorcerous. Impressive. Looking ahead, Eoghan can judge the death knight will reach him and the tall man before the bandits will, but most likely not the safety of the fort. Unless something changes that, there would have to be a confrontation out in the open. All for what? All for our food? However, who knows if these are bandits, could be they're slavers too, and if we assert our dominance over these, it is possible we can gain their power. Looking up at the man next to him, he states flatly between pants, "We should try to get as close to the trees as we can."

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Focusing momentarily on the ring on his right hand Quill disappears from sight and then moves away from his last location.

Quill waits patiently biding his time until the raiders come within range of his spells all the while muttering to himself "Closer... closer.."

OOC: Quills activates his ring of invisibility and then moves 15' to the left of his previous position.

Jemal

Adventurer
Round whatever.

[sblock=OOC] Sorry bout the downtime guys, Usually I will be leaving updates in combat NO MORE than 48 hours to wait for PC's, but I've decided no more waiting (Sorry Shayuri, I'll NPC Mei-Ying till you get back) [/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
Xing'dao: 19
Valak: 14
Eoghan: 8
Bandits: 7
Quill: 6
Mei-Ying: 5
Celes: 4
[/sblock]

Xing'dao has yet another change of heart as he approaches the fort and, with a crazily quick turnaround, is charging back towards them again. Eoghan, seeing the allies closing in from both sides, stops cold, and Xing'dao manages to catch up to him.
Valak meanwhile, continues his slow charge towards the fort, and the bandits keep up their chase, closing the distane even more. The lead Bandit chases down and jumps on the loose worg (remember the rider who fell off after what looked like a heart-attack?), setting off after you slightly behind the other bandits.

Quill Dissapears and Mei-Ying bides her time, waiting for the bandits to get closer as she continues to concentrate on keeping the large wolf down.
Not yet realizing that the steady stream of magical support has momentarily stopped, Celes continues pumping arrows into her opponent (2 hits, 20 damage total).

[sblock=Current distances]
Fort: Mei'Ying, Quill
50' : Tripwire
105': Celes
200': Eoghan, Xing'dao
250': Valak
400': 6 Bandits.
500': Bandit Leader (Now Mounted again)

*If Eoghan/Xing'dao don't move, the Bandits will reach you next turn.*[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Mei Ying effortlessly sustains her telekinetic grip on the worg (concentration check to maintain spell as a move action: 37 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1090154), even as she forms the mudras and syllables for a new spell. Her form wavers and becomes as thin as mist...one moment here, the next moment gone.

(Maintaining TK, grapple check +20, casting Greater Blink on self)

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Quill lets out a sigh as he sees that the bulk of his companions want to face the raiders in the open without seeming to be aware of it Quill projects his thoughts telepathically 'What's the point of building a perfectly defendable fort if no one bothers to use the damn thing! Really if it wasn't for this ridiculous soul bind I'd leave them all to be mauled by the Worgs.'

'Well maybe not Celes, she's one good looking capable woman... Um I hope I didn't project that. Well anyway if they won't come to the fort perhaps I can bring the fort to them'

[sblock=Actions]If Eoghan and Xind'dao remain stationary then Quill will cast Black Tentacle centered on them, he will also use his Metamorphic space ability to create two 5 foot holes where they are standing in the area of effect. +20 Grapple Modifier.

Otherwise he'll try and cast it so that it catches the largest number of raiders possible[/sblock]

Autumn

First Post
The bandits will soon be upon them, and it seems that they won't have time to take cover in the fort. A shame, when so much effort went into getting here, to be caught right outside the gates. But no matter. Celes can already feel the adrenaline beginning to pump through her veins in readiness for the coming clash, and she itches to draw her sword and close the distance.

But she's too well disciplined to let that impulse master her when she is sure that she already has the right position. She takes one step forwards and then stands fast, loosing one last volley of arrows before finally shouldering her bow and unsheathing her sword in a fluid motion as her other hand readies her shield. She gives an equine toss of her head, flicking a long lock of hair out of her face. Her sword hand impatiently shifts its grip, spinning the gleaming blade around once with a soft hum as the edge parts the air. Sweat beads on her forehead and runs down into emerald eyes that are fixed unblinkingly on the approaching enemies.

Soon...

[sblock=OOC]5' step forward and then one last Full Attack.

1d20+13 = 23
1d20+8 = 23
1d20+3 = 23

...heh. :D

Confirmation for crit: 1d20+3 = 6 <no crit>

Then put the bow away and draw sword and shield (free actions thanks to Quick Draw I hope... not sure if readying the Shield is covered though. If not then make it a single Attack only - disregard the other rolls).[/sblock]

Remove ads