Qwex'Atal'Xiel'Sura, and other possible monsters/bits of fiction for the Immortal's Handbook (Just a concept, no stats yet.)

I ended up having a surreal dream a few nights ago, that could be incredibly well applied to the Immortal's Handbook, and its menagerie of creatures. Specifically, I dreamt about a aberration-esque creature made purely of flames, that commanded an unimaginably titanic war fleet of pure, scorching fire. I don't fully know what it's stats would be, but here's a rough concept of it in prose form.

Qwex'Atal'Xiel'Sura

Watching over the universe that you and your compatriots have guarded for the last thousand millennia, you breathe a sigh of relief, now that you have finally banished the Prime Daemon Malxiuos to the deepest prisons that the Seven Mountains of the Qodesh contain, but as you finally relax, a deafening siren blares from the fortresses that you have built, warning of a titanic fleet of mysterious warships approaching from beyond the horizons of known space, unlike anything you have ever seen before.

As the warships approach closer, you see them in all their horrifying glory. Burning with cataclysmic fires, they meld and morph into ever more sickening shapes, each burning away even as they reform. The flagship, if you could even call it that, has one figure standing proudly upon its bow. As you look closer, eyes burning from the flames, the figure appears to be a perverse parody of the first Qodeshim, it's molten, skinless flesh melting into a slurry of flesh and fire even while it laughs at you, it's jaw unhinged at an freakish angle. Yet, as the figure draws it's broken, blasphmous blade, it falls apart, screaming in agony even as it psychotically laughs.

For a brief, precious moment, the horror within your soul fades away. Yet, even as you take a breath, the flames, somehow never having left, burn brighter, your eyes, your heart, and even your very quintessence begin to melt, leaving you in unimaginable agony. As you take what seems to be your very last breath, your broken body senses nothing but the nightmarish laughter that heralds the world's end.

Against all odds, you wake up, somehow unharmed, but any pretenses of safety fade away as you gaze upon the entity before you. It almost looks like one of the glorious Phoenixes that aided you on your former quests, but it has no head, only a gaping hole in its place, spouting blood and pitch-black flames, while it's incomprehensibly massive body contorts and twists, with gaping, utterly empty maws and burning, hateful eyes flowing and melting into each other. Around it, you see a utter mockery of the Council of Eternity, where you once gave council, but instead of the divine dragons and celestial paragons, you see only hateful eyes, screaming, burning prisoners just like you nightmarish flaming beasts made in the shapes of those you once loved chanting ancient hymns of devastation, and voices screaming within your own mind, branding your already broken mind with marks of evil and devastation. The headless, perverse, amorphous entity speaks in a hateful, yet almost angelic lilt, "A̸̟͑n̶͕̮̎̆o̶̤̒t̴̠̤̝̎̕h̸̪̊͘͝e̶̛̟͋̇r̴͕̟͓̦̝̆͒̐̿͠ ̶̧̜̗͙̓͠ṕ̶̧͎͇ͅi̸͕͚̩̋ṭ̷̣̉í̵̛̩̫̭̹͓͐̚f̶̧̮́̊̃̀ú̵̯̹́͆͝l̷̨̈́̌ ̷̻̘͕͂f̵̢͑̀̔̂o̷̧̤͗͂̓̓o̶͓͋̈́̍͠l̴͍̺̭̈́͘͜,̶̰̚ ̶̙͕̀̂̿̐͠f̵̤͊̐̔i̴̳̦̞͗t̴̳͇͉̿͂͋ͅ ̶̢̨̻̫̝̇̓͌̄̽f̷̧̹̱̼̮̀̏̍̕͝o̸̖̅r̸̨̪̪̓͋̑̎͝ ̶̻̈́̆̑̌n̴̦͕̫̦͎͗̏͝͝o̷̹̊̍̐́ẗ̶̛̟̩̠͎́̐̐h̶̡͇͉͝i̸͉͍̙̤̘̍̽̓ṋ̷̡̛̎̀g̸̻͈̦͊̐̀͊ ̸̨̿̉̀̒͝b̴̧̡̊̕͜ͅu̸̪͌͝t̵̳͒̊̈̒͝ͅ ̴̠͖̋̔͝p̶̢̝̭̆̿͆͐̆a̶̧̢̫͙͊̾͛̕͝i̶̻̟̝͐͜ṇ̷̠͍̩͙̊̾,̷͖́̄ ̴̥̝̩̝͌̀̈́͂͘͜ȁ̶͉̞̙̅̎ǹ̸̮d̵͈̋̎͌ ̸̢̮̝̀̀̂̕͝ͅs̴͚̈́͝ȩ̷͉͇̗͖̎̿̈͘͝r̷̛̳̲̗̍͂͘̕ͅv̴͚̰́̉͘ḯ̶͖͓̘̬̈́͘͜͝t̷̲͋͛̂ṵ̸̠̭̠̿͋͘͝d̵̨͖̆ȩ̴̯͈͙͓̀̐.̶̪̺͇̾̾͜ͅ ̸̭͓̩͍͋̍̓̈́Ş̸̻̣̅̐̓ò̶̭̏̅ō̸̬̩͕̉̔͊n̶̤̻̯͋́̀̽ ̸̬͛́̀̾̑ý̶̞̓͐̊͠o̸̡̡̖͆͛́́u̵͎̔̉̓͊ ̸̡͕̦̋̏̃͠s̸͚̩̭̃ḧ̴̥͉̮́̕ͅȧ̵̺̟̳͚̓͒̈́l̵̲̫̱͑l̷̻͊ ̵͖̠̜̓b̷̪̹̗̤̿͐̈͘e̸̳͝ ̵̫͚͊͛̒͝ͅw̴̛̺͚͙ì̶̼̫̥̹̆ţ̸̫̓̊́̚n̷͈̬̣̿̈́̌̃̍e̸̖̯̭̠̎̿s̷̢̲̻̦̔̔̈̎s̶͚̅̓ ̶̧͈̪͇̩̈̎̽͠͝t̶̹̉̂ö̶̡̺́̄̽͂͜ ̶̛̗̦̞͙̈̏͐t̵̻̘̰̤͆̊h̴̞̀̚i̷͔̞̞̰̠͐͒̂s̵̛̯̟̻̆̆ ̴̥̗̮̭̍̈̌̕̕w̷̰̺̣͒̀̒́͊ö̵̘̣̫̬̦̌r̶͖̉͌l̶̥̿͘d̸̠̼́̃́́͆'̵͖̮͆s̵͇̝͕̱͒̅͜͝͝ ̶̳̮̞̏ͅe̶̪̠̣̜̎̈́ṋ̴͈͉͖̽̇͐̔ď̸̤͙̳͎̀,̷̰̭̄ ̶̣̦̞̳̀̔͑͠a̴͚̓̽͂n̴͖̣͍̞͒d̶͖̜̑͝ ̸̭͎̳̤͉̅̚ṁ̷̪̓y̸̝͍̓͆̒͝ ̸̭̪̐̍̏e̷̞̝̘͒̈́̆͜ẗ̷͉́͛́̆̚͜e̶͔͍͛̈́̎͛r̵̢̼͉̀͂̀n̷̰̦̰̒͂ą̸͇̜̖̒̕l̵̻̾ ̸̥͚͍̤̃̃̄ͅr̶̭͕̟͉͖͘e̵̱̜̟͊̆̑̎͝ī̸̫̙̈́̂̽g̶͈̠̔͌̈́ñ̴̲͚̦͉̌͆̋̕ ̴̲̬̞͈͒̿̐́ṣ̴̠̽h̴̨̨͍̥̼͒̉a̷̯͓̠̠̰͋̓͒l̸̮̔l̷̨̪͇͕͑̈́ ̷̟̇̾̋b̶͍͎̬͋̅̿ú̶͖̌͐̔̒͜r̸̨͈̣̈́̋͠͝n̷̦͉̩͂͘ ̸̙̭̌͗̐̐̚e̵̥͎̹͂͂̄v̸̹̩̬͍̆̈̍͝ẹ̷̘̗̥̓r̵̢̛̖̐͜y̸̰͗̇ ̷̙̀̕͜͠͝l̶̳̀͆̒̚͘a̴̡͓̼̞̗̓̀̑ṣ̷͔̠̫̓͑̑͊͘ͅt̵͔̔̅̾ ̴͖̺̯͈̥͊͐̑̈s̵̛̥̼̽̇̉p̸̘͈̆͐̅͒͜e̷͖͔͈͚̋c̴͇̣̟̯̿̚k̴̞̺̘͇̑̂̄͝ ̶̫͈͚̌̄ŏ̸̧̟͂̃̅͒f̸̙̗̲͚͇̐̽̒̓̀ ̸̢̲̯̑͐ͅè̵̠̪̪̎x̵̬̕i̷̭̲͆̈̋̚͝ş̸͎̩̦̫͊̎̒t̶̥̼͇̆ͅe̵̺͚̬̻̩̐̈́̅ǹ̴̛̺̟̝̐̌c̵̗͍̘͈͔͒ê̷̤͝ ̴̼̘͇̄̐ẗ̷̲͍̣̂͠o̴̪͕͔̓͒ ̷͙͎̙̯̭́̋͗͋n̶̳̭̑a̸̻̽̓̏͘u̸͖̿̏͘͘͠g̶̣̰̐͐ḧ̷̤̺̤͈̱́͋̕t̴̢͇͊́̽͝ ̵̨̹̫̯̱̌̂̍͒̌b̸͎͑̒̍̈u̷̖̾t̵̥̘͌͑ ̷̼͉̥͖̠̄́a̷̯͈̐̋͜ ̶̡͇͑̊p̸͕̼̭̃̒e̶̥̺̅́̊̑͝r̵̢̝̗̅͂͆̾́f̶̙̱̥͠e̸̗͠͠c̵̺̠͎͎̽͛t̴̬͖̍̈́ ̴̱̹̞͂̌́͝i̶̡̻͙͋͗ñ̶̹̻͇̇̈́f̶͙̋̄́̃̑͜e̴̻̓̂͜r̸̢̩̯̖̙͗̇ň̴̡o̶͉͛̌͜͜.̸̬̞̎ As it finishes speaking, you feel your mind slip away from you, and you feel only one thought within your mind. "BURN, in the name of Quex'Atal'Xiel'Sura, GOD."

Please tell me what you guys think about this monster concept! I apologize for not having stats, but I just really wanted to put this idea to paper. I might write some more lore here for other cool things later.

I ended up having a surreal dream a few nights ago, that could be incredibly well applied to the Immortal's Handbook, and its menagerie of creatures. Specifically, I dreamt about a aberration-esque creature made purely of flames, that commanded an unimaginably titanic war fleet of pure, scorching fire. I don't fully know what it's stats would be, but here's a rough concept of it in prose form.

Please tell me what you guys think about this monster concept! I apologize for not having stats, but I just really wanted to put this idea to paper. I might write some more lore here for other cool things later.

I like the idea of a war fleet of pure, scorching fire. Certainly powerful if it can twist all the angels into ungodly abominations.

I think your text went a bit wonky near the bottom of the post - I am guessing you added musical notes or something and the font is perhaps not embedded.

The wonky text is intentional, it's meant to represent the sheer unnaturalness of the entity speaking. In my concept for it, it's not actually taking the angels and corrupting them, but it's creating corrupted mockeries of them to spite them and their creators. In it's lore it was one of the first creations of the Supreme Being, but it was discarded for ambiguous reasons, and is now on a warpath to burn away everything else it's creator made, and replace it with an eternal, unchanging world where everything is constantly burning, in incredible, unending pain to sate it's desire for vengeance. As I see it, it's almost like a sort of malformed, corrupted Supreme Being-level entity.

Personally, I might use this as final boss material for my upcoming campaign, and if anyone else wants to use this, go right ahead!

If it's not already obvious, I have some pretty freaky dreams :p

I've been converting some magic items and other mystical objects from fiction to the Immortal's Handbook style, and here's the first two I have in mind!

SHADOW CRYSTAL

It was a beautiful day outside. Birds were singing, flowers were blooming, and you and your comrades-in-arms had just settled down for a feast at the castle that you built together. Yet, this bliss did not last. As you sat down, ready to raise a toast to your great accomplishments, you suddenly felt a horrifying sense of vertigo come over you, as your senses faded away. After what seemed like an eternity, you woke up, finding yourself in a infinite void, stretching on and on, further than your mortal mind ever could comprehend. Your mind felt empty, except for one repeating, silent message. Well, there is a man here. Suddenly, you find yourself back upon your throne. You celebrate your victories, but they felt hollow, broken, meaningless. As you lay down to rest, you looked into your satchel, and noticed a small gem within. You held it up to your face, and you could only hear an ethereal whisper asking, "Is that a cut on your face, or part of your eye? The gash weaves down as if you cry. The pain itself is reason why.

Your heartbeat quickened.
You grasped at nothing.
Your eyesight became blurry.
Your voice echoes aimlessly.
An emptiness filled your hands.
It could not be.

A Shadow Crystal is a condensed, crystallized remain of a former reality, with powers unimaginable. To any outsider, god or creature with divine or magical heritage, it appears as nothing but a shard of normal glass, but to mortals, It appears as a perfectly cut, utterly exquisite gem that can only be seen by the shadow it casts. Shadow Crystals show a complete, unfailing picture of the near future, but only in small glimpses that deliberately obscure the truth. Holding a Shadow Crystal for more than a few hours grants the mortal who wields it a Divine Esoteric Ability that matches their temperament or personality, but it also amplifies their personality to the point of complete psychosis. Forming a Shadow Crystal requires either requesting a creature such as a Taiji Dragon or a servant of the Omega to create one, or harvest one from the corpse of a recently dead Demiurge or greater being. Shadow Crystals are considered Evil-Aligned, and a mortal who holds one has their alignment changed to Chaotic Evil after 24 hours of having it on their body.

Shadow Crystals are taken from Deltarune, and I do not own them whatsoever. The flavor text uses unused dialogue from Deltarune which i do not own either. Taiji Dragons are the creation of Beefermatic.

Tell me what you guys think of this little conversion! if any of you guys want to make actual stats for this, go on ahead!

KNIFE OF SHADOWED WILL

The Knife of Shadowed Will is a magical dagger of immense power born from the extraplanar studies of the famed archmage and researcher W. D Gaster. It appears as a ordinary steel cutting knife of high quality, and casting detect magic or other similar spells does not reveal any of its magical properties. If a creature with any quintessence touches the knife, they must make a DC 70 Will saving throw, or be absorbed by shadows and pulled into the deepest reaches of the Far Realm. The knife does 1d8 slashing damage, and the wounds that it leaves are supernaturally hard to heal, requiring a DC 25 Heal check to restore hit points after being wounded by this weapon. The Knife of Shadowed Will completely ignores DR and resistances/immunities from mortal creatures. Every time the wielder of this weapon delivers the killing blow to another creature with an Intelligence score of at least 6, the Knife of Shadowed Will gains a +4 to it's damage dealt on hit, gains +1 to it's enhancement bonus, and the wielder moves a step towards Chaotic Evil on the alignment scale. The knife can also be used to create a Dark World by creatures with at least a +15 to their Will saves by striking it towards a hard surface. The Dark World contains a Shadow Crystal at it's core, and taking it results in the Dark World collapsing, and the wielder of the Knife of Shadowed Will being removed harmlessly. If the Knife of Shadowed Will and a Shadow Crystal are placed within the heart of a godly furnace, they fuse to become the Twisted Sword.

Dark Worlds are roughly equivalent in size and scope to a demiplane created by the Genesis spell.

I'll likely write up the Twisted Sword tomorrow, and I'd love to hear what y'all have to say about my quick little conversions! Sorry for not having any bits of fiction with this one, couldn't think of anything on quick notice :(

I've been converting some magic items and other mystical objects from fiction to the Immortal's Handbook style, and here's the first two I have in mind!

SHADOW CRYSTAL

It was a beautiful day outside. Birds were singing, flowers were blooming, and you and your comrades-in-arms had just settled down for a feast at the castle that you built together. Yet, this bliss did not last. As you sat down, ready to raise a toast to your great accomplishments, you suddenly felt a horrifying sense of vertigo come over you, as your senses faded away. After what seemed like an eternity, you woke up, finding yourself in a infinite void, stretching on and on, further than your mortal mind ever could comprehend. Your mind felt empty, except for one repeating, silent message. Well, there is a man here. Suddenly, you find yourself back upon your throne. You celebrate your victories, but they felt hollow, broken, meaningless. As you lay down to rest, you looked into your satchel, and noticed a small gem within. You held it up to your face, and you could only hear an ethereal whisper asking, "Is that a cut on your face, or part of your eye? The gash weaves down as if you cry. The pain itself is reason why.

Your heartbeat quickened.
You grasped at nothing.
Your eyesight became blurry.
Your voice echoes aimlessly.
An emptiness filled your hands.
It could not be.

A Shadow Crystal is a condensed, crystallized remain of a former reality, with powers unimaginable. To any outsider, god or creature with divine or magical heritage, it appears as nothing but a shard of normal glass, but to mortals, It appears as a perfectly cut, utterly exquisite gem that can only be seen by the shadow it casts. Shadow Crystals show a complete, unfailing picture of the near future, but only in small glimpses that deliberately obscure the truth. Holding a Shadow Crystal for more than a few hours grants the mortal who wields it a Divine Esoteric Ability that matches their temperament or personality, but it also amplifies their personality to the point of complete psychosis. Forming a Shadow Crystal requires either requesting a creature such as a Taiji Dragon or a servant of the Omega to create one, or harvest one from the corpse of a recently dead Demiurge or greater being. Shadow Crystals are considered Evil-Aligned, and a mortal who holds one has their alignment changed to Chaotic Evil after 24 hours of having it on their body.

Shadow Crystals are taken from Deltarune, and I do not own them whatsoever. The flavor text uses unused dialogue from Deltarune which i do not own either. Taiji Dragons are the creation of Beefermatic.

Tell me what you guys think of this little conversion! if any of you guys want to make actual stats for this, go on ahead!
The strongest sword in my game is called Endiness, it's a blade made from the remnants of the 7 previous existences and one blade for the current reality. 7 hiltless blades levitate, circling a central sword. This substance reminds me of it.

The Twisted Sword isn't quite that strong in every aspect, but in very certain applications, it is unmatched by even the Akasha and Supreme Being. I'll show it off soon!
The strongest sword in my game is called Endiness, it's a blade made from the remnants of the 7 previous existences and one blade for the current reality. 7 hiltless blades levitate, circling a central sword. This substance reminds me of it.
My personal interpretation of Shadow Crystals is pretty far from Deltarune canon, and take the most evil interpretation available. However, I might write up a few more items that can possibly purify a Shadow Crystal, and perhaps do even more...

Thanks Beefermatic for the compliments, and good luck with your own setting!

The Twisted Sword isn't quite that strong in every aspect, but in very certain applications, it is unmatched by even the Akasha and Supreme Being. I'll show it off soon!

My personal interpretation of Shadow Crystals is pretty far from Deltarune canon, and take the most evil interpretation available. However, I might write up a few more items that can possibly purify a Shadow Crystal, and perhaps do even more...

Thanks Beefermatic for the compliments, and good luck with your own setting!
Likewise bud! Nice to see some new life breathed into this forum. 😎🖤

Remove ads