TCotM: Tenebrynn's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: In that case, level-up applies here!)

*Kiara finishes baking the assorted pastries and readying for the trip. After making sure that he doesn't have a headache accompanying the amnesia and that no, he doesn't want a massage to help relieve stress, she takes a blanket to sleep on the floor, allowing Tenebrynn the large king-sized bed for his Reverie. After four hours, Kiara is still sound asleep.*

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: already approved :))

Tenebrynn will begin a search through his house to find out if he has any journals, books, or the like that he has never seen before (a spell book would be awesome!).

(ooc: is he still wearing girly clothing and jewelry?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Technically the only thing that was slightly girly that he actually wore was the sash--didn't but on the brassiere, dress, etc. Rinaldo seems to think that Tenebrynn has the Haversack too? We'll say he does. If so, he's got the girly stuff in there, and he is indeed still wearing the jewelry and sash)

*Tenebrynn looks around for his books. He does find his spellbook by the bed.*

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: Does he have it? It changed hands a lot during the movement up and down the stairs so its quite possible. Sounds fine to me. He'll spend some time identifying it all then.)

Tenebrynn flips through his spell book to see if it is the same, particularly looking at the last few spells in it. Then he pulls out the haversack that he had all but forgotten about to see what Rinaldo had grabbed from the cursed room.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I thought he didn't, but I'm willing to say he did if Velmont thinks so, partially because I'm nice and this leaves the party a greater chance of not being screwed out of the treasure by Rinaldo's wheelings and dealings ;))

*The spellbook is not the same. It seems to be a magical book that holds more pages than should be expected--perhaps a Gilran's Blessed Book, the most efficient book in the whole of Living ENWorld. It contains all the spells he knows, plus more, including ~4 spells each of 5th, 6th, 7th levels.*

(OOC: Tenebrynn has all of the following except the ones that other PCs equipped/grabbed. He can choose what to ID)

- amuletsx2 (technically one looks more like a magic amulet, the other more like a fashionable necklace)
- ringsx3
- Brassiere
- a length of obsidian topped with a skull with rubies for eyes
- crystalline orb of some sort
- a staff of ebony and gold
- a small slender rod-like object with a coiling pattern around it topped by a sapphire
- a pair of stylish ladies' shoes
- a sort of combination dress/robe for the lady wizard with a sense of style
- a silvery shield
- a shortsword that gleams as if with morning light
- a lovely sash, great to accessorise
- a corset
- a pair of elegant bracelets
- a thin platinum circlet
- a slender fluted wand
- a small scroll case that seems to hold vast quantities of scrolls
- an enchanted flute with unknown mystical properties; the flute bears two symbols, one of which Laynie recognises as the sigil of the Magequeen and her royal family
- an enchanted gem, a dusty rose quartz of sorts
- a plush kitty doll*

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Not having memorized any spells today yet, he'll spend all 1st and 2nd level slots preping Identify (man that'll be a lot of pearls, were there any in the loot?).

Then he'll cast detect magic and study each with the intention of setting aside those with the most powerful auras first.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Actually, there was not--I didn't list these because they aren't magic, but he also has these from the loot--

-A Jade circlet that is nonmagical
-Jade
-Powdered Jade
-Several black sapphires
-A jacinth with some silver bars
-Amber Dust
-A powder composed of diamond, emerald, ruby, and sapphire dust
-Mercury
-Phosphorus
-Powdered Diamond
-Diamonds
-Powdered Opal
-Powdered Ruby Dust
-A miniature platinum sword with a grip and pommel of copper and zinc
-Incense and strips of ivory
-A set of cool-looking forked metal rods
-A miniature portal carved from ivory, a small piece of polished marble, and a tiny silver spoon
-A sapphire
-Black Onyxes
-Powdered Black Pearl
-A statuette of Elayna Valsice (though it might do for Laynie in a pinch if she were older and fuller-figured) carved from elephant ivory and decorated with gems
-A tiny lens of sapphire set in a small golden loop
-Gold dust
-A small piece of sheet iron
-An ivory plaque
-A mirror of finely wrought and highly polished silver with ~10 feet of surface area

You can surmise from the presence of the lens and the absence of pearlshakes that EV prefers Analyse Dweomer ;)

You going to go find some pearls?)

Erekose13

Explorer
Failing to find any pearls amongst the haversack, Tenebrynn goes to see if he has any left over in the house.

(ooc: too bad it's 6th or he might've had it in his 'other' spell book)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: He actually does have it in this spellbook, but he can't cast it do to that pesky level constraint thing ;))

*Tenebrynn starts snooping around the house, looking for pearls to eat, a case of the munchies right out of the Twilight Zone. He notices that his house is full of beautifully furnished and decorated rooms that all appeal to exactly his sense of style. There are rooms with colour and decor themes that remind him of each of the things that comfort him most. Growing up in a library, he's never been into the forest as much as other elves, but the room with forest colours and paintings still feel peaceful and tranquil. In short, the whole place feels like...home is the best way to describe it.*

*As he continues searching, Kiara enters the room with a yawn:*

"I heard you out and about, my love. Do you need something? With your amnesia, you won't know where to look--I'll help you find it."

*Once he explains:*

"Oh, an Identify pearlshake? I remember you always told me how much you hated the taste of ground-up pearl, but how everyone always made you drink it anyway and cast Identify because they always said 'You're the Diviner, Tenebrynn--you have a spare Divination slot'. Honey, let me help you prepare your pearlshake the way you like it with honey and cream and sugar to hide the taste, okay?"

Remove ads