At the end of July...

Akea

First Post
Okay, I just -had- to say something. Because I'm Canadian and have to speak up for us!

Property taxes where I am in Northern Alberta make grown men cry. Of course, the economy is so retarded up here, people have the money in their pockets. So it's not like they can't afford it, but them there foreigners sure cripple and sob when they first see the friendly, smiley invoice that plops onto their laps at random times of the day.

So... the gist is, don't move to Alberta.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Now now John, you know the friendship hasn't ended. I'm just not 'round much anymore. If you asked me right now, I'd say my year has sucked so far...but that's coz I have the flu and I'm hating it.

I love the fact that all you folks complain about taxes...try having no water...and I mean no water. Around 60 days left on average for our major cities. I just giggle, I have tank water only, so I dont have to worry just yet. And seriously, if you want cheap living...come visit Australia. Everything other than fuel and fast foods is cheaper in comparison. And there are heaps of jobs...

Oi...I'm rambling. NY scares me...in fact in general the Americas scare me...Good luck darlin'.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Elf_Ariel said:
Now now John, you know the friendship hasn't ended. I'm just not 'round much anymore. If you asked me right now, I'd say my year has sucked so far...but that's coz I have the flu and I'm hating it.

I love the fact that all you folks complain about taxes...try having no water...and I mean no water. Around 60 days left on average for our major cities. I just giggle, I have tank water only, so I dont have to worry just yet. And seriously, if you want cheap living...come visit Australia. Everything other than fuel and fast foods is cheaper in comparison. And there are heaps of jobs...

Oi...I'm rambling. NY scares me...in fact in general the Americas scare me...Good luck darlin'.

Can I come live with you?

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Feel free...I have a spare bedroom...no mains electricity though. :heh: Not that that speaks for Australia in general; just me!

But John you're hiding from us...where are you?!

Trinate

First Post
John, come to Georgia!! We have 'gangstaz' on every street corner and the crummiest colleges available in the whole US!

At least in my part of Georgia... o_O

Remove ads