A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yes. You also can be surrounded by more enemies if they all decide to gang up on you, and your reach does not improved commensurately. All in all, not a great deal)

Solange

First Post
OOC: Yeah, Shadya would prefer not to sit that high above the water on a slippery horse with bad traction. She'll lead her horse, which leads the pack horse.

Shadya's eyes narrow a bit as she looks around, "confounded water that falls from the sky. Who'd have ever imagined it to be such a curse? I can barely see or hear a thing."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: If there seems to be a lull before an attack will occur, Lasair will quickly raise up a small 3 PP Vigour for 15 temporary HP. Otherwise, she's ready to do one of the following based on positioning and such (I may be flying to England when the actual fighting breaks loose, so I'm giving multiple options).

Choice A) If they all rush out so she can hit one side worth of foes by moving forward and SoCing, she'll do that (Overchanneling with Talented, expending focus for 5d4 damage in a 15-foot-cone). This option is her preference if there are a lot of them and three or more will fit in the cone.

Choice B) Suggestion on 2 of them (using Overchannle and Talented to get the second target): "Ah, I see you have come seeking my counsel to find the legendary treasure. It is buried beneath the water's flow. You must leap into the water below, dive to the bottom, and follow the current until you see the X on the floor where you can dig. But first you have to take off your armour and leave all your things here so they don't weigh you down. Safety first, right?" Assuming the humanoid shapes are bandits who want cash, this may qualify as a 'reasonable suggestion' for the purpose of the saving throw penalty. If they are vicious bloodthirsty critters, adjust accordingly (different hook, maybe no suggestion to remove all belongings). Lasair will instruct the party not to attack the disrobing enemies. This is not an option if the enemies are actually undead, animals, constructs, plants, or other things that are immune to Telepathy or don't have enough Int to speak Common.)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Using a relative's computer to post real quick. Should be getting DSL modem in mail today and be up and posting regularly tommorrow! See ya then.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Surprise Round: (One standard action only)
Time - 9:45:00 AM

Current weather effects:

1/2 visibility.
-4 on Spot, Search, and Listen checks.
-4 on ranged attacks.

Initiative:
Shadya
Conuld
Bandit 8
Bandit 1
Lasair
Kurgahz
Cludge
Bandit 2
Bandit 3
Bandit 4
Bandit 5
Bandit 6
Bandit 7

Shadya is relayed the message quickly, but she doesn't react fast enough. (Failed Spot and Listen checks.)

Conuld, who was walking his horse, casts mage armor.

A man wielding a shortsword (B8) moves forward out of the haze of the rain on the closer side of the bridge. (30' away from Cludge.)

Another man (B1) appears from behind you, he wields a dagger and is holding a bag. (30' away from Kurgahz.)

Lasair manifests Vigor. (+15 HP, -3 pp)

Kurgahz considers taking out his crossbow, but then decides that his enemy is too close for that. He pulls out his greatclub instead.

Cludge, seeing that these men are clearly hostile, draws his greatsword as he dashes across the bridge. He quickly reaches the closest man and cleaves him mightily (16 damage). The man instantly collapses.

The dark shapes that Cludge noticed before now materialize into more men. One (B4) wields a shortsword, he moves next to his fallen companion. (diagonal from Cludge.)

The second (B3) carries a whip. He moves behind his standing companion. (5' from Cludge.)

The third man that Cludge noticed (B7) is on the side of the bridge closer to Orussus. He has two daggers in his hands. He moves past his friend to get a little closer to our favorite bloodthirsty orc-blooded cleric. (30' from Kurgahz.)

Finally, a fourth, previously undetected, man (B2) appears from the same place as the third man. He wields a whip and takes up a position behind his two blade-wielding friends. (35' from Kurgahz.)

Without warning, two arrows whistle through the air towards the party, one from each side of the bridge. It's not clear who the arrows were intended for, the rain and the wind blow them far off target and into the rushing water below.

Round 1:
Time - 9:45:06 AM

Initiative:
Shadya «
Conuld (+4 AC until 11:45:00 AM)
Bandit 8 (16 damage, down)
Bandit 1 (dagger and bag, close to Kurgahz)
Lasair (+15 temporary HP, until 9:49:00 AM)
Kurgahz
Cludge
Bandit 3 (whip, close to Cludge)
Bandit 4 (shortsword, close to Cludge)
Bandit 7 (2 daggers, close to Kurgahz)
Bandit 2 (whip, close to Kurgahz)
Bandit 5 (bow, out of sight, Cludge's side)
Bandit 6 (bow, out of sight, Kurgahz's side)

Shadya...

[sblock=Rules: ]I'm not sure Cludge can charge and draw at the same time, but I think he can. If he can't, tell me, and I won't let it happen in the future. But I won't retcon.

Also, I'm just going to assume nobody was mounted. If you want to be, please say so.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Bandits-Bridge-9-45-06.jpg
    Bandits-Bridge-9-45-06.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Dwarven Fighter 2 HP:23 AC:15

Rae ArdGaoth said:
I'm not sure Cludge can charge and draw at the same time, but I think he can. If he can't, tell me, and I won't let it happen in the future. But I won't retcon.

OOC: Weapons can be drawn as a free action in combination with a move. However, in this case Cludge actually couldn't have reached the bandit as he had readied only a partial charge: when you only have a single action you can only move up to your speed (20' in this case).
In case I don't respond in a timely manner, Cludge's next action will be to continue fighting at his end of the bridge, blocking it. He'll swing at the newcomer with full 2-hand power attack, +4 dmg, -2 to hit.
P.S. Don't forget he has Cleave.

Solange

First Post
Shadya draws her scimitar and dagger as she walks back past the horses to Conuld.

OOC: Can't draw weapons and move in a single action yet. Looking forward to 2nd level.

Trouvere

Explorer
"A fine time to test my newest formulation," says Conuld, scuttling past several horses to stand just beyond Kurgahz. He traces a pattern in the air with a finger coated in butter and barks a few strange words.

[sblock=OOC] I assume I can move freely through my "allied" horses' squares, so that I'm in casting range? If so, casting Grease on the ground beneath the three bandits (DC 14, duration 2 rounds).

(0) Detect Magic; Ray of Frost; Ghost Sound; Message; Prestidigitation
(1) Enlarge Person; Mage Armor; Color Spray; Grease
[/sblock]

Remove ads