Dragonlance - Adventures during the Age of Despair

Lord_Raven88

First Post
After travelling south for about twenty minutes Eric notices that the main gate of Portsmith opens and a group of mounted riders (bearing torches) emerges. As the group moves away from gate they separate into smaller groups of about five and fan out and begin their search.

There are four groups of five riders. One groups heads north, one east and the last two groups head south. The two groups heading south are approximately fifty feet apart.

Velmont

First Post
"We will have company soon I think. Well, if we can't escape them, I think we will have the horses needed for our escape. but honestly, I would rather not to meet to poor bloodthirsty fool." tells Eton.

Eton starts to looks at teh surrounding, to analyze teh landscape and see hwo it could be use to there advantage.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
"We will have company soon I think. Well, if we can't escape them, I think we will have the horses needed for our escape. but honestly, I would rather not to meet to poor bloodthirsty fool." tells Eton.

Eton starts to looks at teh surrounding, to analyze teh landscape and see hwo it could be use to there advantage.
You are leaving the cultivated fields around Portsmith behind. Ahead of you the region is lightly wooded gently rolling country thru which a generously sized path has been worn down by frequent traffic heading south.

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Anyways, we won't be taking down the ten riders riding South...
unless, if they separated enough, we could ambush the last three..."
Having reduced to just fast walking after the minutes of running and jogging, Eric catches his breath before proposing an idea.

"First of all, lets stay away from the path, there we can hide until they pass by or launch an ambush" He looks to the others in search of agreement.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Let's head for the wood. Most likely, they will think we are there, but they won,t be able to use there horse as best as they could. And we might find somwhere to hide."

Land Outcast

Explorer
We are not in dire need of horses...

Eric stops for a moment to consider Eton's suggestion before answering.

[sblock=OOC] is it just a "lightly wooded area" or a "sparse forest"?
Meaning: would Velmont/Eton's plan be effective?

Also: How strong is the moonlight? (enough to allow someone to see us 30 feet from the path?)

Basically: if the trees would provide a fine hiding place and/or we are in a full-moon night, Eric agrees with Eton's proposal.[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
" Make quick then. Bush and undergrowth our friend, maybe give advantage if we must fight. I hope they pass us by though, much easier. "

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Making for the woods you find a place of concealment from which you can still. After a few minutes the group of riders stop at the entrance to the woods deep in conversation then they dismount two riders stay with the horses while the rest begin to spread out thru the woods forming a line of men, four on each side of the path 30 feet apart. Once the line is formed the torch bearing men begin to advance thru the woods, torch in one hand and a weapon in the other.

They are 50 ft from you when they begin their march towards you.

OOC: There is enough cover in the lightly forested area to provide cover and hinder the use of horses. Visibility is reduced to 10 feet (shadowy) without illumination. The torches that the riders have provide bright illumination out to 20 ft and shadow illumination out to 40 ft.

Land Outcast

Explorer
"By woods, to horses, on the dark" Indicates Eric in a whisper, and starts moving, he motions the others to remain about ten feet behind him.

This would mean he separates some fifty feet from the path, to then advance towards the horses in parallel to the path.

To avoid any reflection from the torches' lightto to give them away he keeps his sword sheathed, but just in case he picks up a pair of stones (if someone from the hunting party hears something and begins approaching, Eric throws the stones away as a decoy).

OOC: Move Silently +8, Hide +8

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
LandOutcast said:
"By woods, to horses, on the dark" Indicates Eric in a whisper, and starts moving, he motions the others to remain about ten feet behind him.

This would mean he separates some fifty feet from the path, to then advance towards the horses in parallel to the path.

To avoid any reflection from the torches' lightto to give them away he keeps his sword sheathed, but just in case he picks up a pair of stones (if someone from the hunting party hears something and begins approaching, Eric throws the stones away as a decoy).

Moving silently thru the woods Eric and the others reach the outskirts of the woods as it merges with the road. Looking down the road the group can see that the two guards are leading the ten horses along the road at a slow pace, so as to keep pace with the men in the woods. The horses are tied in a train of five, with each guard leading the front horse, holding the reins in their right hand and a torch in the other.

[sblock=Jerol]Jerol suddenly realises (wisdom check) that the guards seem to be preoccupied with scanning the floor of the forest and the road, but are otherwise neglecting to search up high.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads