Eyes Of The Lich Queen

Mista Collins

First Post
Setting his haversack on the ground and placing himself on a nice sized rock, Rogan takes a few breathes of air in exhaustion. "That was a bit farther than I thought. Let's make camp and prepare for tomorrow. I can take middle watch. I don't mind splitting the amount of sleep I get."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ari contemplates a moment while he shifts his equipment around. He then turns to the changed Jango. "You think you can send the bird of yours around to get an eye-full of the surrounds? Its either that or one of us climb these trees, and I'm not exactly dressed for it."

He turns to the others. "As we get closer to the Temple, it becomes more important to get some feeling for what is going on there. I'd like to make as little fuss as possible, but... realistically, fighting is probably inevitable. If anyone has any suggestion on how to avoid it, I'm listening. I'm better at dealing with the latter, myself."

Velmont

First Post
Jango nods whispers to his hawk who starts to fly over the trees. Be cautious, no need to go into any danger. Do you see the temple? Do you see any more lizardfolk? Are they more numerous then us? asks Jango, as many other question that can be easily answered by yes or no, knowing that he hasn't yet mastered a full way of communication with the bird. With what Zan have told him, he should now be able to have such an understanding with Griot, but it seems the bound with Sur'Kil and the prophecy have prevented his bound with Griot.

Autumn

First Post
Relieved by the halt, Jina sits down on her pack with a deep sigh and takes a long swig from her waterskin. She always thought of herself as pretty tough, but in the end she's still an elf. Elves aren't known for their hardy constitutions. This kind of tough hiking isn't all that easy for her.

She brushes the hair out of her eyes and looks about, admiring the view and gazing after Jango's hawk as it takes wing. A tired but contented smile comes to her face. This is, after all, terribly exciting... she just finds it a little easier to remember that once she's off her feet.

She doesn't pitch in to the discussion about tactics for the next day. If somebody has an idea, great, but for now she just wants to take the rare opportunity to relax. There's always tomorrow morning for plotting and scheming. No need to ruin this break by worrying about their odds against a temple full of Lizards and who knows what else.

She tunes out, enjoying the scenery.

drothgery

First Post
stonegod said:
He turns to the others. "As we get closer to the Temple, it becomes more important to get some feeling for what is going on there. I'd like to make as little fuss as possible, but... realistically, fighting is probably inevitable. If anyone has any suggestion on how to avoid it, I'm listening. I'm better at dealing with the latter, myself."

"Avoiding fighting entirely is probably impossible," The archivist said. "But might it be possible to create some sort of distraction to get some of them out of the way. Perhaps with illusions or something along those lines?" She looked to Jango, Aern, and Rogan; Ari and Jina, she knew, and Brother Donavan was quite clearly a cleric of the Flame. But Jango had clearly changed much, and she knew very little of the others' capabilities.

Velmont

First Post
"A distraction?" Jango pause a moment and thinks. "Illusion is not in my capability, but I have an idea. It would be risky for the one who will take charge of it, and most probably, it would need to be done by either me or Rogan. Sis, do you always have the lantern you brought with you when we use to go after the lizardfolk?"

As Jina nods, Jango kneel down and feels the earth. "Maybe too wet, I'm not sure it would work. We could send a scout to light a fire, using some lamp oil to start it. Rogan is the best to hide, but I have some spell that would allow me a quick escape, the same I used to flee the pirates. Also, I still have the potion of disguise that woudl allow either me or Rogan to take the appearence of a lizardfolk, I would suggets one we have met earlier to make it more believing. We also both know draconic, so we could take with any lizardfolk who might intercept us...

Another idea, but that would work more with an alchemist fire, but I donT, remember anyone have brought one, it is to send Griot with one and launch it on something, but we are in a jungle, and the soil is wet, so it might be hard to light a fire. I have also a fire spell, but I've lost some of them as they were a gift from teh mark I had."

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, human cleric

drothgery said:
"Avoiding fighting entirely is probably impossible," The archivist said. "But might it be possible to create some sort of distraction to get some of them out of the way. Perhaps with illusions or something along those lines?" She looked to Jango, Aern, and Rogan; Ari and Jina, she knew, and Brother Donavan was quite clearly a cleric of the Flame. But Jango had clearly changed much, and she knew very little of the others' capabilities.

"If we choose our tactics before sunrise, The Flame has been known to grant some favors that might come in handy," Donovan offers up. "I could prepare a peacekeeping chant that should keep me safe long enough to provide a distraction. I could summon some company for the patrol to distract them, or I might be able to put them in thrall, allowing the rest of you to move past unnoticed.

"I also have the ability to silence our passing, or to mask it with a mist, though the latter might be a bit obvious."

[sblock=Translation]Donovan's offering up Sanctuary paired with either some Summon Monsters or Enthrall (though it's unclear to me if that latter spell would mean all my allies would have to be over a hundred feet away or worry about saving versus the effect).

Alternately, he can memorize / use Obscuring Mist or Silence[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"The zone of silence might be a good idea, but such effects doesn't have a long enough duration for our need, it might be usefull once we get near the temple, but I doubt the Flame will be able to give such effect for a whole day, and we are not yet near the temple." replies Jango. "But that would prevent me to use my spellcasting ability, and I suppose yours and Khalia's too."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Griot flies off into the sky after listening to his master's queries. The group watches as he gets above the treeline and takes off to the north. Jango closes his eyes and stands still, trying to feel the reactions the hawk has as it flies.

It is hard to really gather what it is the hawk is feeling, but at the beginning there is definitely a sense of freedom and warmth as Griot flies and glides in the sky. Next, a sense of caution and concern comes over him... probably as the bird reaches areas of potential danger. The temple itself perhaps? This general wariness continues for a bit... not getting stronger or weaker... as Griot apparently does not notice or see much more that would concern him. Suddenly there is a flash of alertness... Griot must have noticed something... and then tension begins running slightly higher. He's seen something obviously... or someone... and the bird begins taking extra care. It is by no means panic or actual fear... whatever he's seen does not strike him as that dangerous... but it is a concern. This heightened tension continues for a bit longer... then begins to subside as Jango gets the sense that Griot is flying back to their camp.

When the hawk returns and Jango converses with it... the elf's overall impression is that Griot did not get close enough to the temple and the surrounding area to get any detailed impressions, but that he did notice some things of higher concern. Probably guards and the like, but from where he was in the sky... not at the numbers that would induce genuine fear. That's not to say large numbers of lizardfolk aren't there... but just that Griot did not see them at the distance he was flying. A closer look might reveal more, but Jango would have to ask the hawk to put himself much more at risk.

Velmont

First Post
As Griot lands on the leather gloves of Jango, he pick up a piece of meat he has in his pouch and gives it to the bird. "It's hard to tell exaclty what there is, my bond with Griot is somehow hindered by the link I have with Sur'Kil, but it is clear the danger lies ahead. Nothing that is too obviously dangerous, like Rhashaak himself, but enough that we will need to be cautious if we don't want to have fallen in our rank. Most probably many guards, but Griot might have miss the scouts too."

Remove ads