Eyes Of The Lich Queen

Mista Collins

First Post
Listening to the others discuss possible plans, Rogan sits there and nods at the suggestions. All seem feasible, and a fight is more than likely if not guaranteed. "I have no doubt in my ability to avoid detection, but I haven't spent much time in a jungle setting and fear that I will be detected at some point. If I could assume the shape of a lizardfolk, it might help."

Once Griot returns and Jango gives the group the update, Rogan continues. "If there are enough lizardfolk in this area to strong-arm other tribes into giving tribute, then we better prepare for the worst."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
OOC: With Aern as a changeling and Jango's Disguise Self potion, you have a pair of options for sending someone into the camp disguised as a lizardfolk for reconnaissance if you'd like. Otherwise, Rogan could attempt just sneaking to look around, or Jango could send Griot in even closer... atlhough he runs a risk doing that, plus Jango still only receives emotional impressions of what the familiar feels, not specific details of the situation.

As per jkason's idea for using Enthrall, I would rule that all party members aware of what Horatio would be doing would be immune to his spell.

The other option of course is to just advance towards the temple straight away and deal with any situations as they come up. Not necessarily the best way... but you will have all seven party members together as a group if something should happen, as opposed to someone sneaking off on their own and getting discovered and attacked by his lonesome.

Once a decision by the group is made, I'll advance things along.

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, human cleric

Mista Collins said:
Once Griot returns and Jango gives the group the update, Rogan continues. "If there are enough lizardfolk in this area to strong-arm other tribes into giving tribute, then we better prepare for the worst."

Donovan nods as he tends to his armor and mace. "Then, too, is the fact that any group we sneak past on the way in may wind up attacking us from behind if they realize they've been duped. We might do well to try to take out individual patrols as we can, to reduce the amount of backup the temple might call on later.

"If that's our goal, we might still do well with disguise. We should try to find out how long it is between patrol check-ins; figure out what kind of time frame we have before someone starts missing anyone we take out."

Velmont

First Post
Jango starts to considers Donovans words. That idea had some good senses, but that might mean a fight with all the lizardfolk around, which Jango doubt they could handle. Jango close his eyes and start to gather his thought, he also starts to feel a connection to the prophecy and tries to gather any information about the lizardfolks he could gather from it.

[SBLOCK]Jango will enter a prophetic favor and will connect to Io to tries to learn as much as possible about the lizardfolks inhabiting this region. That mean, he will tries a Knowledge(Local?) using his bonus AP gain from his favor on that roll (1d20+1d6+3). He wants to remember any habits or traidition about the lizardfolks that would allow the group to avoid the lizardfolks or to be use against them to avoid a fight. Doing that roll is just a wild guess, but there is nothing to lose.[/SBLOCK]

Mista Collins

First Post
jkason said:
Donovan nods as he tends to his armor and mace. "Then, too, is the fact that any group we sneak past on the way in may wind up attacking us from behind if they realize they've been duped. We might do well to try to take out individual patrols as we can, to reduce the amount of backup the temple might call on later.

"If that's our goal, we might still do well with disguise. We should try to find out how long it is between patrol check-ins; figure out what kind of time frame we have before someone starts missing anyone we take out."

"I agree with your thoughts. I don't want enemies coming from behind as we try and explore the temple."
Rogan says as he takes a drink from his waterskin. "And if we start a fire, it might only alert them to the presence of danger. I don't know much about the jungle, but I doubt fires are very common."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
[sblock=Jango: ]Jango closes his eyes and begins thinking about Sur'Kil. He can feel tingling where his contellation mark now resides on the back of his right shoulder, and his mind opens up to a well of knowledge... a pool of information that "Io" offers forth. The elf thinks about lizardfolk... regular ones, blackscales, poison dusks... for any information that might help them in their duties.

One thing that comes to him in the collective knowledge pool is that poison dusk lizardfolk are known to use reed whistles to signal to each other. These are small hollow reeds on the ends of short ropes that are spun around at high speed, creating various tones. The faster they are spun, the higher the pitch. Different tones indicate different things. Stopping the whistle's use would keep more lizardfolk from coming to check should combat arise.

(Knowledge Nature check: TN 20: [16] + 4 + 3 = 23 *success*)[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
After a moment of concentration, Jango opens the eyes again. "Fine, but if we go and fight our way in, I must warn you. The poison dusk are using a small whistle attach to a rope to communicate. When they spin that whistle in the air, it produce a high pitch sound. The faster they spin it, the higher the tone. They use it to communicate between each others. That mean, if we don't want reinforcement coming in, we need to take these whistle handler first."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Nice to be a Dragon Prophet :) [/SBLOCK]

drothgery

First Post
"Brother Donvan -- or I, come to think of it -- could use the prayer of Silence to prevent that, I think." Khalia said. "I suppose you're right about the problems of leaving an enemy behind us, but it's not an elegant solution."

Velmont

First Post
"If we want to scout first, I suggets Rogan goes. He is the most stealthy of us. I'll gives him the potion, but don't expect the effect to stay more than 10 minutes. That's why I like less the idea to have one perosn going on his own, it's very risky, but not impossible.

For the diversion, Rogan got a point, fire might not be so frequent and that will alarm everyone that someone is around here.

As for figthing our way in, we migth eb able to avoid some combat, but we will fight sooner or later. they are more numerous and that put teh odds against us, but if they can't sound the alarm, we might gain some time before they realize what is happening. And we know how they sound the alarm. The prayer of Silence is a good idea, but I don,t expect you to have an unlimited supply of it, and it is hard to know how many group we will meet, so I suggest you to gives us some times to take them down, but if they try to use the whistle before we can take them down, it will be to you to prevent the alarm.

To not risk uselessly the life of someone, I suggest the latest solution, but I'm open to others argument if I've miss something."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Two scouts, stealthy but disguised, will have the advantage of better numbers. One would need to speak their language. We must risk it or we go in blind."

Remove ads