The Red Hand of Doom!!

hero4hire

Explorer
THE RED HAND OF DOOM​

You have all banded together in search of Fortune and adventure. Recently you came across an old map in the hoard of an orc tribe you were paid handsomely to drive off by a small town mayor. The map showed the location of a “Vraath Keep” and hints at a hidden vault containing great treasure. Unfortunately you have come to find that the Keep lay in the Witchwood; a forest in a very remote area called Elsir Vale. You have spent much time and most of your reward traveling there sure that you will find a much more lucrative trove of treasure.

DAY 1 ON THE ROAD IN ELSIR VALE

The afternoon sun beats down on you; the air is hot and still.
The sparsely settled lands of Elsir Vale are starting to grow monotonous, with a seemingly endless line of flyspecks of towns. The town of Drellin’s Ferry lies a few miles ahead of you. It’s a settlement hard on the borders of the Witchwood, and the best place from which to begin exploring the nearby forest.

The road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the trees, stands on one side of the road. You’ve passed a dozen spots much like this one already today, but this one feels wrong. Then you glimpse the glint of mail through the brush on the side of the road.
Fierce warriors-tall, hairy humanoids with wide mouths and flat faces-are lying in wait!

95647.jpg

OOC: Initiative!

MARAUDERATTACKROUNDONE.jpg

K= Kirrg Vrolo

D= Duroin Slatefist

V= Virashil N'al Sil Elf Sorceror

J= Sir Jonathan Williams

R= Humanoid

H= ignore H for the moment :)

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Sir Jonathan, HP 55/55, DDP 0/10, DR remaining: 10

Init: 15 "We've got trouble guys, we're surrounded so stick together and protect each other."

Did you want actions with the initiative rolls too? What type of terrain are they in, do they have cover/concealment and is a charge possible. Can we tell their type of armor and weapons?

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Duroin Slatefist

Initiative: 23

"Ambush," cries Duroin, his waraxe instantly in hand as the quick-acting dwarf responds to the attack. The dwarf charges the nearest of the humanoids, and tries to split the opponent's skull with a two-handed blow of his weapon.

Charge action, Attack 12
Damage 6 + possible sneak attack if flat-footed (though I am pretty sure a 12 misses)

ethandrew

First Post
AC: 17 (Flat-footed or Standard); HP: 42

Initiative: 7

"I will protect the lady for now! I knew this day wouldn't be so easy," Kirrg spat on the ground and gripped his greataxe tightly with his right hand. Grabbing his holy symbol with his left, he intones the words that coupled with the motions create a pulsing blast of light that covers the entire area.

Kirrg will stay back and protect the sorceress for this round, casting Prayer on the group and any enemies he can manage.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Virashil - Sorcerer 5, Hp: 21/21

Initiative (1d20+3=17)

"Be on guard friends - who knows what these warriors possess, but know that they will be punished for their greed."

Virashil briefly closes her eyes and intones a few magical syllables, after which, a silvery sheen appears around her briefly, then vanishes into her body.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Virashil casts Mage Armor - 5 hour duration. AC now: 17/17/14 (Total/Touch/Flat)

Spells left for the day: 6/6/5

The remainder of her turn will be spent trying to size up the enemy -- can she determine what they are - can all 6 be seen?

How high are the sides of the trough that we are walking in? How much of a movement penalty will it be to reach the humanoids if they do not move from their positions?

Virashil also has her bow in her hand, as that is her preferred weapon.

Sweet map, btw! 1 square is 10', correct?

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
EvolutionKB said:
Did you want actions with the initiative rolls too? What type of terrain are they in, do they have cover/concealment and is a charge possible. Can we tell their type of armor and weapons?

Actions with initiative rolls is fine, but not required.

They are within the treeline. With higher ground. Any attack through 5' of foliage provides concealment.
10' or more of foliage provides total concealment. 20+ feet of foliage is considered out lof line of sight. Any square with an actual tree (they sorta look like brown stars) provides cover. The PCs are in a ravine. Squares leading up to the treeline are difficult terrain so cost double to enter those squares. It is pretty easy to tell which squares are sloping up. For example G10 and H10 are difficult terrain while I10 is not.

hero4hire

Explorer
Rhun said:

Charge action, Attack 12
Damage 6 + possible sneak attack if flat-footed (though I am pretty sure a 12 misses)

Charge is not possible due to terrain. Also please include which square your opponent is in or which square you want to move to.

Sorry if this is clunky at 1st. Still working out the kinks and the DM rust.You can go ahead and change your action with this info in mind.

hero4hire

Explorer
ethandrew said:
Kirrg will stay back and protect the sorceress for this round, casting Prayer on the group and any enemies he can manage.

Just for everyone's info. You absolutley CAN put a 2 handed weapon in one hand to free up a hand for spellcasting. But you will not threaten your surrounding area for AoO until the start of your next turn.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Sir Jonathan, HP 55/55, DDP 0/10, DR remaining: 10

Sir Jonathan holds his sword out in front of him, awaiting for the creatures to advance towards them. When they advance, he puts all his weight into his swing, cutting through all their defenses.

Switching to martial sprit stance and readied action to attack once they close to melee. +8 att, 1d8+3 damage. If I am damaged before my initiative then furious counterstrike kicks in giving a bonus to attack/dam(DDP=1-9 then +1 att/dam, DDP=10 then +2 att/dam); if that is the case then I will ready a mountain hammer to attack once they are in range. If that happens add 2d6 to the damage as well as the bonuses from furious counterstrike. The prayer spell is centered around him so he can't really aim it anywhere. It is a burst though, so it doesn't matter if they have total concealment or we don't have line of sight. If he five foot steps he should be able to get the four closest to us.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
The prayer spell is centered around him so he can't really aim it anywhere. It is a burst though, so it doesn't matter if they have total concealment or we don't have line of sight. If he five foot steps he should be able to get the four closest to us.

My mistake -- was thinking of bless.

Remove ads