The Red Hand of Doom!!

hero4hire

Explorer
ethandrew said:
AC: 17; HP: 34/42

Kirrg will move E8 to E9, ending his 20' of movement. He will also cast Bull's Strength on himself.

OOC: Moving from F7 to E8 costs 15 feet of movement. Then from E8 to E9 10 feet. For a total of 25 feet. Hoever if you moved to F8 it would only be 5 feet and then E9 it would be a total of 20'. Can I assume this is what you meant?

hero4hire

Explorer
EvolutionKB said:
Sir Jonathan grits his teeth and shakes off the physical pain of the arrow sticking from his belly. When the giant dogs emerge from the brush he says, "By the hells, where did they come from! Somebody stop those hobgoblins!" Jonathan still stands ready to strike the four-legged beasts when they close.

Did you subtract the 1 pt of damage from the arrow that my least adamant armor crystal prevents? .

No, I did not take any DR into account.

I rechecked the Least Crystal n My MIC. It doesnt mention any Damage Reduction gained on an increase of 2 in Material Hardness. (Useful for sunders and other attacks on your armor.) Is there another source you are getting the Damage Reduction from?

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
hero4hire said:
OOC: Moving from F7 to E8 costs 15 feet of movement. Then from E8 to E9 10 feet. For a total of 25 feet. Hoever if you moved to F8 it would only be 5 feet and then E9 it would be a total of 20'. Can I assume this is what you meant?

You are correct. The map's terrain is a bit confusing and diagonal movements at double move are tricky too, but yes. That's where I wanted to be.

hero4hire

Explorer
Initiatives
Durion 23 Move H8 to Ready attack action
Virishal 17 Cast Magic Missile at C10 Hobgoblin falls
Sir Jonathan Williams 15 Ready Mountain Hammer
Hellhounds 9 Move to H10 I10 Jonathans readied action occurs CRIT 24 points on I10,
H10 Breathes fire 10 damage (half if save vs DC 13)
Hobgoblins 7 Attack with Bows, all miss
Kirgg 7 Move to E9 cast Bull's Strength

Durion sidesteps behind the crusader and waits again for the enemy to come.
Bolt of arcane force issue from Virishal's fingers. The bolts slam one after the other into one hobby. The grungy archer cries out and falls. Sir Jonathan patient as ever holds his ground. He doesnt have to wait long. The two mastiffs lope forth. As one gets close and opens its massive jaw to spew forth a gout of hellfire, Jonathan brings his blade down with the weight of a mountain, totally obilterating it's skull like a ripe melon. The other hound however manages to wash Sir John and Durion with a fan of hellfire.
Meanwhile the Hobbies focus thier fire on the elf who downed one of thier number. However while some outright miss, the others are harmlessly deflected by her Mystic Ward.
Kirgg starts to scramble up the slope, finding some footing on the rocky incline he chants in a crude tongue amplifying his already impressive strength.

OOC Sir John and Durion reflex saves please to determine damage done.
New round. Actions?

MARAUDERATTACKROUND3.jpg

ethandrew

First Post
AC: 17; HP: 34/42

Still bleeding from the wound perforating the side of his chest, Kirrg notes the fall of his intended target with a grunt of displeasure. Although pleased there is one less enemy to bother him, he would prefer to have the personal satisfaction himself of sending the goblin scum to whatever awaited him in the afterlife. Instead, he eyes the glint of mail through the foliage and continues his grind up the slope and into the woods, stealth completely disregarded.

Is it possible for Kirrg to move directly down into square E12, 10' worth to E10, then 5' each for E11 and E12? If so, he will attack. +10 to Hit (+2 Bull's Strength, +1 Prayer) with 1d12+8 Damage.

Rhun

First Post
Durion, hp 45 of 45

Reflex Save 14 (Successful for 0 damage, due to evasion)

Agiley avoiding the mastiff's fiery breath, and confident in his companion's abilities to finish the beast, Durion moves instead to attack the nearest hobgoblin. He curses at the thing in goblin as he moves up the slope, the blade of his axe bright in the daylight.

Move to square J6 to attack P. Waraxe +7, damage 1d10+2 (19-20)

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Virashil - Sorcerer 5, Hp: 21/21

After watching the hobgoblin archer succumb to the missiles, a small, wry smile escapes her lips. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees Sir Jonathan obliterate the first hound before she sees them both engulfed by hellfire.

"Careful...."

She spies Kirrg successfully scale the trough wall and realizes that the 2 hobgoblins on that side have few moments left on this plane. She swings her head around to the northern slope.

She gathers herself and darts towards the hillside, scaling up and over the lip of the trough, inwardly ecstatic that she cannot wear heavy armor.

Once over the lip and on the higher ground she spies the hobgoblin archer, standing no more than 10' from her, and then notices Durion climb over the lip of the trough and set into the archer. Seeing Sir Jonathan alone with the 2nd hound down below, she incants several magic syllables and points her left hand at the remaining hound.

This time, 3 silver darts leave her fingers and close the short gap between her and the hellspawn pooch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Movement: F7 (1 sq) --> G7 (1 sq) --> H6 (3 sq) --> H5(1 sq) (6 squares of movement, base land speed 30')

Virashil moves to H5, casts magic missile on the hound at H10 for 9 damage.

Virashil Magic Missile Round 3 (1d4+1=5, 1d4+1=2, 1d4+1=2)

Spells left: 6/4/5

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Rhun said:
Reflex Save 14 (Successful for 5 damage)

Slightly singed by the mastiff's fiery breath, but confident in his companion's abilities to finish the beast, Durion moves instead to attack the nearest hobgoblin. He curses at the thing in goblin as he moves up the slope, the blade of his axe bright in the daylight.

Move to square J6 to attack P. Waraxe +7, damage 1d10+2 (19-20)

OOC: Actually Durion has evasion so No Damage done to the tricky dwarf.

hero4hire

Explorer
s@squ@tch said:

Movement: F7 (1 sq) --> G7 (1 sq) --> H6 (3 sq) --> I5 (2 sq) (6 squares of movement, base land speed 30' -- is this do-able?)

Virashil moves to I5, casts magic missile on the hound at H10 for 9 damage.

Spells left: 6/4/5

1+1+3+2=7 or 35' of movement. So unfortunately no. Not that and cast a spell the same round. I7 or H5 are reachable.

BTW I appreciate the current spells left after each casting. Help a lot.

Remove ads