[IC] Underdogs [a core dnd game]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Mogro is walking back into the Fall from the barn when he sees Ershe walking towards him. This takes Mogro a bit aback, as they usually do not get visitors this late. However, being a polite halfork he invites Ershe inside and inquires about his business. When Mogro is shown the note that Urdan wrote to Ershe, the young warrior's eyes widen.

It's at this point that his older sister Merga walks into the room. She sees the new young man into their home and immediately becomes rather coquetish. "Oh! Hello Ershe! My goodness, don't you look all ready to go somewhere! Those broad shoulders of yours hold that backpack upright rather well."

Mogro immediately rolls his eyes, then says to his sister "Shaman has asked for me. I must quickly speak with mother and then prepare." He nods to Ershe. "I will get ready. As I need to saddle my horse, I can meet you at Shaman's Fall if you wish to go to the others now."

He then travels up the stairs to tell his mother, Terga, about the note... then goes into his room to pack some things up. He then returns to the barn, prepares Champion for a ride with his lance on the horse's flank, and then rides over to Urdan's home.

Autumn

First Post
Ershe sets off for Assaq's fall next. So far this has been painless enough. He gives a wry grin, thinking of Mogro's very friendly sister.

The necessity of getting in touch with Adokul - which will presumably mean visiting Kharad fall - still casts a shadow over him, but he puts it to the back of his mind. He can cross that bridge when he comes to it.

covaithe

Explorer
When Ershe reaches Beteq's fell, Beteq informs him that Assaq had gone out to visit the sentries on patrol, and has not yet returned.

[sblock=ooc]Waiting for doghead to tell me if anything happened on the visit to the sentries before I have Assaq come back.[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
- Assaq -

The night is dark. The moon, when it appears from behind the broken clouds that roll across the sky, is but a quarter of its full size. As Assaq moves between the groups of sentries he becomes more and more convinced that something is watching the krel. The night animals sound subdued, like they are when a predator is nearby. Perhaps it is just a predator, skirting the fringes of the settlement in the hope of picking up a stray animal.

There are three groups of sentries posted in locations giving them a view over the settlement, and more importantly, anything approaching from the mountains. But at night, it would not be difficult for anyone with a degree of skill at stealth to watch the settlement safely from afar. Krel falls, unlike the layout in human villages, are not clustered together around a central location, street or square. Indeed, there are no real streets as such, just paths that lead to and around the various Falls. From his own experience, Asssaq knows that it is easy enough to move right through the krel without being seen by anyone. As pups the did it often enough playing hunter-killer.

In short, it would be hard to find anyone watching the settlement if the watcher knew what they were doing and didn't wish to be found. It would help if you knew which direction that they would approach the settlement from. And what their intentions were.

- Ershe -

There are a few more grell out tonight than usual. But unlike most nights, those out tend to be moving with a sense of purpose. Greetings tend to be brief, although now and then the young shaman is accosted by a grell wanting to ask his opinion or press their own upon him. Here and there small groups of grell cluster together, talking earnestly.

[sblock=ooc]I'll leave it up to you to roll to see if Ershe notices Adokul following him. You need perception check vs 19 to succeed.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Uneasy, Assaq returns to the krel after having conferred with all the sentries. He makes his way through the krel towards the fall where Mogro and Merga live, stopping to speak to any younger hunters and warriors he finds, advising them to see to their weapons and equipment, since they may be called on soon for extra duty. The experienced, he does not insult by questioning their readiness.

Autumn

First Post
Finding Assaq not at home upon his first visit, Ershe comes to the rather unwelcome conclusion that he'll have to come back later. Which means taking care of the final part of his task first... the visit to Kharad fall.

Sighing heavily, he turns his steps in that direction.

[sblock=OOC]Perception 1d20+8 = 13*fail*[/sblock]

Zadam

First Post
When Adokul notices Ershe starting to head for Kharad fall, Adokul decides to move ahead so as to get there first. When he gets there he makes his way discretely to Urshak's quarters. He knocks on the door and waits impatiently to be let in, so he can let the old man know what he has discovered, and that his son will be at the fall shortly for Adokul.

doghead

thotd
ic - Underdogs

- Adokul -

Adokul has to move fairly quickly to get to the fall before Ershe. Ershe has the benefit of being able to take the most direct path as well as having something of a head start on the rogue.

Upon arriving, Adokul discovers that he is wanted. He is hurried along to Urshak's rooms. The naga is obviously over. There he finds Urshak along with two of his favoured cronies and Urshak's nephew. The young grell finishes telling Urshak something before hurrying off. Ershe has apparently arrived, and is waiting somewhere in the fall.

[sblock=Adokul]Urshak, however, appears to be in no great hurry. He grunts in surprise to hear Adokul's recounting of the nights events after the naga. "The crafty old goat," he snorts. "But not so crafty. You did your part well Adokul. Now we have a ear in their camp." Somehow, Adokul's speaking up at the naga has now become part of Urshak's plan. Such is the way of things in Kharad-fall. If it works, it is to Urshak's credit. If it does not, it is someone else's fault.

"The elders have decided to send a group to out to talk to the gnolls, assuming that they can find the 'dogs'. They have chosen the shaman's pup and his friends. And you." Urshak's contempt for the decision, and those chosen, is clear in his tone. "You will agree to go, Adokul. Find out all you can about the gnolls; where are they camped? How many warriors do they have? How many females and pups? How powerful is their shaman?

"Then bring this news back to me. Don't disappoint me Adokul."

"Ershe is waiting for you off the main hall. Mohummik will take you there when you are ready."[/sblock]

- Ershe -

At the main entrance to Kharad-fall, Ershe finds his cousin standing guard. It soon becomes obvious that they are expecting him. The young shaman is shown to a small chamber and told to wait. His cousin closes the door behind him as he leaves, leaving Ershe alone in the room to wait.

And wait.

And wait.

Zadam

First Post
Adokul internally laughs at Urshaks words, but shows no sign of it on his exterior. Years of having to hide emotions and thoughts have taught him to be a master of such things. "At least I can still depend on manipulating the old fool by making him do what I want, then make it seem like it was his idea. But I don't think I will tolerate your arrogant ways much longer." He thinks to himself spitefully.

"Understood. I am impressed with your plan Urshak. I can see why you are the leader of the most powerful fall in Horak-Krel." He smoothly says, with no hint of the sarcasm he feels like adding. With that he walks out, and heads down to the main hall.

Arriving at the main hall, he instantly sees Ershe in one of the small side chambers.

"Greetings Ershe." he announces himself as he enters the chamber. "I am sorry to keep you waiting, your father had me occupied with chores. I have been told you wish to see me? What can I do for you friend?"

Remove ads