Constables of the 14th Ward

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

"Come my friend. You can lean on me, or I can carry you if you need me to. We'll take care of the heavy work until you feel better, but we may indeed need your other skills to find the halfling. Let's press on, and see if we can wrap this up before Iggy has a breakdown worrying about us. I swear, I believe he still sees us a children in swaddling clothes sometimes."

SoulFetter leans down and offers Rahvin his hand.

pathfinderq1

First Post
As the others continued their recovery, and then debated how to handle Rahvin's "difficulties", Thea busied herself by retrieving her scribing kit and sketching out the barracks and the limits of the tunnel so far. Once it looked like they were ready to get moving once more, she spent a few moments rearranging her gear. At least no more of those bloody cubes had shown up...

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: We've heard from most everyone now, except Lou. Alarion hasn't chimed in on the latest crisis, but he's still tring to clear some cobwebs, I guess. Anyway, here we go! Oh, and there's a new map attached showing about where I'm guessing everyone is now. SoulFetter is just coming back into the room.

IC: "Since everyone is so intent on pressing forward, I can't disappoint you. Give me just a moment more to rest, and I'll try my best to keep up," says Rahvin.

OOC: Incidentally, on the map, Retbi is in the same square as Moru, as usual.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

[sblock=For Leif]OK, well it would have been difficult for SoulFetter to offer Rahvin his hand or speak with him from where you've put him, but then I didn't really post that he'd gone looking for the gem, either . . . you did. I suppose if you need him there for some obscure GM type reason, that's OK with me . . . :p [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Mowgli said:
[sblock=For Leif]OK, well it would have been difficult for SoulFetter to offer Rahvin his hand or speak with him from where you've put him, but then I didn't really post that he'd gone looking for the gem, either . . . you did. I suppose if you need him there for some obscure GM type reason, that's OK with me . . . :p [/sblock]
[sblock=OOC for Dissatisfied SoulFetter]Yeah, the "obscure GM/DM reason" is that there wasn't ROOM for SoulFetter's big butt anywhere else! :p But, I am sorry about the gem thing. I shouldn't have hijacked your character like that. Feel free to drop the gem back into the goop as you pass. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Raul's comment on Rahvin's condition

Leif said:
IC: "Since everyone is so intent on pressing forward, I can't disappoint you. Give me just a moment more to rest, and I'll try my best to keep up," says Rahvin.

Raul nods his head silently as the others discuss Rahvin's situation. After Rahvin commits to continuing with the group, Raul finally comments, "We should be ok with the normal marching orders if Rahvin and Moru switch places, so Soulfetter can aid Rahvin. I should be able to slow up anything that attacks from behind. How does that sound?" Raul turns to Moru, "What do you think?"

[sblock=OOC]The normal marching orders are here. We can just switch Rahvin and Moru, or rotate so Thea is ahead of Moru.[/sblock]

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"Methinks yours is a fine idea, friend Raul. Very well, lady and gentlemen, we had best continue on our quest." The knight readies his sword and shield and prepares to lead the way into the tunnel from where the horrid cubes appeared.

Leif

Adventurer
one more small change to marching order

Lou said:
Raul nods his head silently as the others discuss Rahvin's situation. After Rahvin commits to continuing with the group, Raul finally comments, "We should be ok with the normal marching orders if Rahvin and Moru switch places, so Soulfetter can aid Rahvin. I should be able to slow up anything that attacks from behind. How does that sound?" Raul turns to Moru, "What do you think?"
[sblock=OOC]The normal marching orders are here. We can just switch Rahvin and Moru, or rotate so Thea is ahead of Moru.[/sblock]
To do as you suggested, and have SoulFetter aid Rahvin, if necessary, Raul and SoulFetter will need to switch sides in the 10' configuration. Am I right?

Lou

Explorer
Raul OOC on marching order

Leif said:
To do as you suggested, and have SoulFetter aid Rahvin, if necessary, Raul and SoulFetter will need to switch sides in the 10' configuration. Am I right?

OOC: Yes, I missed that. Raul will then trail behind in the 10' configuration so Soulfetter is less likely to be hit from behind while aiding Rahvin.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Marching Orders

Following the recovery of Alarion and Darius from their bouts of paralyzation, Rahvin is struck by a sudden weakness. Moru says, “Maybe we should send you back, then. You could let Iggy know how far we’ve come. If you think this isn’t something you could work through, that is.” Rahvin fights through a visible bout of nausea, and says, “I would feel a lot better if I was at home. The problem is that I’m not sure that I can make it that far under my own power. But I would also hate for someonme else to be burdened with helping me home. And it‘s not as if the trip home is totally without danger, too, so I just don’t know. What does everyone else think? I’m open to suggestions.”

Thea says, “I think we need to press on, if Rahvin can. At this point we would lose so much time to backtrack. Let us press on, find our halfling, and get out so Rahvin can rest. At worse, we can leave Bruno to guard him if he can’t go on, but we need to press on, time if of the essence. SoulFetter can carry him if need be.”

Darius engages in a vigorous and thorough bout of itch-scratching. “Maybe one of those mushrooms would quell your stomach, Rahvin,” says Darius, “or perhaps a healing spell? I think that at least some of us have to press on while there is still hope for the halfling, and I would greatly like to keep your skills on the team.”

SoulFetter, anxious to move on, says, “Come, my friend, you can lean on me, or I can carry you if you need me to. We’ll take care of the heavy work until you feel better, but we may indeed need your other skills to find the halfling. Let’s press on, and see if we can wrap this up before Iggy has a breakdown worrying about us. I swear, I believe he still sees us as children in swaddling clothes sometimes.”

As this discussion proceeded, Thea busied herself by retrieving her scribing kit and sketching out the barracks and the limits of the tunnel so far. Once it looked like they were ready to get moving once more, she spent a few moments rearranging her gear. At least,” she thought, no more of those bloody cubes have shown up!”

Getting to his feet, Rahvin says, “Since everyone is so intent on pressing forward, I can’t disappoint you. Give me just a moment more to rest, and I’ll try my best to keep up.”

As the party reassembled to get moving again, Raul brings up a good point: “We should be okay with the normal marching orders if Rahvin and Moru can switch places, so SoulFetter can aid Rahvin. I should be able to slow up anything that attacks from behind, and I’ll lag a few steps back to keep an eye on SoulFetter’s back, too. How does that sound?” And to Moru, “What do you think about that idea?”

Alarion says, “Methinks your is a fine idea, friend Raul. Very well, lady and gentlemen we had best continue our quest.” The knight then readies his sword and shield and prepares to lead the way into the tunnel from whence the horrid cubes had appeared.

Marching Order (if memory serves?)

Alarion Darius
Wally Bruno
Moru Jonas
Thea Rahvin
.......SoulFetter
Raul

Last edited:

Remove ads