Looking for a Fighter Wizard build

Doug McCrae

Legend
Cameron said:
Sorcerer is better for Arcane Strike. You don't need to umm and ahh about which spell to lose, and you get more slots to throw at the bad guy.
Yes but otoh a wizard can end up with dead slots if he memorises the wrong spells. A sorcerer never has dead slots. Arcane Strike gives you something to do with those wasted slots so I feel it synergises better with wizard.

szilard

First Post
A fun option could be:

Swashbuckler 3/Beguiler 6/Eldritch Knight X (mix in Abjurant Champion, if you can qualify with Beguiler - I can't find my Complete Mage at the moment).

Feats: Practiced Spellcaster, Arcane Strike, Combat Expertise, Improved Feint

Insightful strike. Feint in combat as a swift action. Lots of fun beguiler spells. Wear light armor without spell failure. Tons of skill points.

-Stuart

Darklone

Cameron said:
The one I designed was Fighter 1/Sorcerer 6/Spellsword 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Knight Phantom 7

The main feat was Arcane Strike. You don't need anything else, but I paired it with TWF for even more fun.
Sadly Arcane Strike is pretty expensive to use on two weapons.

Has anyone mentioned the Dragonfire adept yet? Cooler than most warlocks and it has much more staying power since Con is the main attribute.

Arkhandus

First Post
kayn99 said:
What are the basics on phantom knight and what book is it in?

Kayn

If I recall correctly, the Phantom Knight prestige class is found on the Wizards of the Coast website, in some Eberron article or another I think. It's a warrior-mage prestige class that develops greater power or something out of the Phantom Steed spell (3rd-level sorcerer/wizard spell from the Player's Handbook), if I remember right.

wildstarsreach

First Post
Khelvan said:
We are starting a new Campaign all 3.5 books except BO9S Psion and Miniatur handbook allowed.
I am looking for a Fighter / Wizard build, someone any suggestions?

Thanks

Khelvan.
Fighter 1, Wizard to 5 at 6th, Eldritch Knight 7th and 8th, Abjurant Champion 5 to 13th and then the rest EK to 20th.

F1/W5(18)/EK9/AC5.

BA +17, lots of nice special abilities, access to 9th level spells.

Feats, arcane strike is a must.

Avoid one spell as it is broken with the EK build, wraithstrike. Look up the various threads on it. This spell makes a F/W build better than most fighters. These are the basics.

Kmart Kommando

First Post
Darklone said:
Sadly Arcane Strike is pretty expensive to use on two weapons.
Actually, it says 'pick a melee weapon, an unarmed strike, or your natural weapons', so TWF isn't even a viable option, unless you're a Monk. Good for dragons, just okay for everyone else.

Though I can see how free action to use + infinite number of free actions per round can be abused. After our AoW campaign resulted in everything that can be broken being used on both sides, the next set of house rules made Arcane Strike a swift action to use.

eamon

Explorer
Why not replace Fighter(1) with Duskblade(1) for armored casting? it can hardly harm to be able to wear light armor without arcane spell failure chance, at the measly cost of one feat.

Darklone

Kmart Kommando said:
Actually, it says 'pick a melee weapon, an unarmed strike, or your natural weapons', so TWF isn't even a viable option, unless you're a Monk. Good for dragons, just okay for everyone else.

Though I can see how free action to use + infinite number of free actions per round can be abused. After our AoW campaign resulted in everything that can be broken being used on both sides, the next set of house rules made Arcane Strike a swift action to use.
That's what I meant. If the DM allows Arcane Strike as free action, you'll still be burning faster through your spell slots than a 3.0 hasted wizard with Quicken on speed.

Remove ads