Converting Psionic Creatures

Shade

Monster Junkie
Those skills appeal to me, and I agree to the increased manifester level.

I'll need to update the augmentations based on the increased manifester level, but I'm too tired right now.

Cleon

Legend
Those skills appeal to me, and I agree to the increased manifester level.

I'll need to update the augmentations based on the increased manifester level, but I'm too tired right now.

While I am happy to drop Survival and Track I'd like to keep Escape Artist, they seem very much like octopodes to me: slimy elusive creatures able to wriggle free from bonds and squeeze through tight spaces.

How about we give them an octopus's +10 racial bonus to Escape Artist and cutting its ranks in Escape Artist by ten, which we transfer to Concentration and Search?

Modifying Shade's modified #2

Autohypnosis 17, Concentration 14, Escape Artist 7, Hide 17, Intimidate 17, Knowledge (the planes) 17, Listen 17, Search 13, Spot 17

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
What if we give it a racial bonus to Escape Artist for being slimy but no ranks, since they seem kind of like apex predators without much practice escaping things?

Shade

Monster Junkie
That works for me. My issue with Escape Artist is that they'll have little use for it. The most common use is escaping from a grapple or pin, wherein their grapple modifier will be a superior option. "Tight space" is probably the only other issue they'd face much.

Cleon

Legend
What if we give it a racial bonus to Escape Artist for being slimy but no ranks, since they seem kind of like apex predators without much practice escaping things?

That works for me. My issue with Escape Artist is that they'll have little use for it. The most common use is escaping from a grapple or pin, wherein their grapple modifier will be a superior option. "Tight space" is probably the only other issue they'd face much.

I just knew you two were going to say that.

Anyhow, I'm alright with just the +10 racial bonus to Escape Artist.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I just knew you two were going to say that.

You must be psychic! :p

Speaking of skills, I'd assumed we'd given these things a swim speed, but as it stands, the thing will drown as soon as it enters the River Styx!

Swim speed equal to land speed, or less?

Cleon

Legend
I agree with Shade, Swim 50 ft. to match their land speed.

Come to think of it, we'd better make these Aquatic and Amphibious.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Unfortunately, they can't take Hostile Mind because they have psi-like abilities. Maybe Hold the Line or just Power Attack?

Remove ads