TMP Description clear-up.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
If there are personal attacks, please report them using the "report post" button to the bottom left of any post.

In the mean time, thanks for working this disagreement out.

Mystearia

First Post
Um.. quick question.. are aliens allowed in the TMP this may have been adressed earlier but i wanted to know partally cause my eyes are bad.. but would an alien be allowed... not jarjar binks out there aliens but subtile aliens that could pass for humans without haveing to cloak or disguise themselves... or at the least if useing a disguise would allow the alien to be present..

Magi_Brigid

First Post
Mystearia said:
Um.. quick question.. are aliens allowed in the TMP this may have been adressed earlier but i wanted to know partally cause my eyes are bad.. but would an alien be allowed... not jarjar binks out there aliens but subtile aliens that could pass for humans without haveing to cloak or disguise themselves... or at the least if useing a disguise would allow the alien to be present..

Yes, they are, but I'd appreciate anyone playing one sending me a note about it so I can have a list. One of those "please tell me" kind of things.

Kind of has to do with the things that go on in the offices upstairs ::grins::

Mystearia

First Post
in that case.. i'd love to play one... not sure what it'll look like.. but i want to try it... anywho.. thank you for clearing that up for me

Mission_Poster

First Post
Now here's my question...​
I have played Palladium before and they have some really neat cyborgs that I wanted to know if they could be used in TMP. Mind you, they're disguised as humans... I was also just wondering, who decides how much technology has advanced for this setting? Palladium could also aid in the creation of mutants and aliens!

Next, I've played a video game called Phantom Crash and I think it would be fun to have giant robots. Now, in the game, they don't get in-depth about how the things are made. But if you play it, you'll see that those giant robots do seem achievable. After all, we can build cars, remote controlled cars, and giant missiles now (and there's a robot in TMP already). Why not a giant robot? You'd likely be required to get a license before you can pilot one too. :uhoh: I'll just write the game details.. that should help, though I already put up a link to the website.

The Japanese government in 2025, in order to cope with the massive air pollution and endless economic loss of Tokyo, transfered the capital to "Neo Tokyo", a dome city built on the Tokyo Harbor. A few years later, abandoned "Old Tokyo" became the battleground for "Rumbling". In Rumbling, the contenders, called "wireheads", face each other while riding highly mobile armored land vehicles called a "Scoobee", or "SV", and receive fortune and fame by destroying others. Observing from a massive airborne viewing station, spectators watch SVs battle to the death. More than just high-speed, heavily armed giant robots, SVs have an unprecedented stealth capability, turning invisible at will for brief periods of time. The stakes are high. The enemies are ruthless. The action is intense.

Bari

First Post
Um, personal opinion, but ain't it a little unbeliavable that the government lets people kill each other openly like that?

Magi_Brigid

First Post
Giant robots would be somewhat....troublesome. So no mecha, sorry.

And I think that we'd have to be approving cyborgs. They could very easily get out of hand very quickly (and I honestly never liked the idea of them--even when I WAS playing Rifts). So probably a "no" there, too. Limited cybernetics, great. Full-conversion? No. Very much no.

Merle

First Post
Magi_Brigid said:
Giant robots would be somewhat....troublesome. So no mecha, sorry.

And I think that we'd have to be approving cyborgs. They could very easily get out of hand very quickly (and I honestly never liked the idea of them--even when I WAS playing Rifts). So probably a "no" there, too. Limited cybernetics, great. Full-conversion? No. Very much no.

Which leaves a problem for Steel, although his conversion has been clearly piecemeal and very much against his better judgment if he could have exercised it at the time. . . but being nearly dead doesn't give you many options, je?

:)

Merle's player

Merle

First Post
Bari said:
Um, personal opinion, but ain't it a little unbeliavable that the government lets people kill each other openly like that?

While not televised, take a look at any major atrocity / genocide circa 1920~2007.

In .us, I expect to see pay-per-view executions in my lifetime. Sad.

Imreis

First Post
I myself played Rifts, PFRPG, Cyberpunks ect...and to the Aliens thing i got the book with the random generation of traits and attributes if anyone would like. Just contact me by my email.

i_am_strife@hotmail.com

and ill feed ya some cool lists for things like that. Ill get to typing up the information from the books. Same goes for the Cyborg information. Although i agree with Brig up there i couldnt stand much of Rifts. Its all extrememly powerful and annoying at times...*grumbles about sdc vs mdc and the rumored gdc...*

Remove ads